The photographs I’m sharing of the wedding day are in chronological order, starting from when Toby and I got ready through to the end of the wedding. They are so visually moving and powerful that I don’t think any descriptions are needed. The beauty and raw emotion of the day pours out of the pictures, and each one tells a part of the story. So instead of writing about flowers and clothes, I’d like to share both Toby’s vows and mine with you as the promises we made for our future together are what really matters. (I also love how in sync our vows were given we hadn’t heard one another’s until the ceremony!) We walked down the isle to Ellie Goulding’s track ‘How Long Will I Love You’, so I’ve included the YouTube video below if you would like to listen as you scroll. The words are simply perfect…WILL’S VOWS TO TOBY
– I promise that after we get our first Whippet you will still be allowed in the bed and I will still hug you tight every single night.
– I promise to continue never letting us go to bed on an unresolved argument and for richer or poorer, I promise not to spend all our money at J.Crew.
– I promise to dream with you, celebrate with you and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring. No matter how difficult the situation or how high the mountain that needs climbing; I know that side-by-side we’ll climb it together.
– I vow to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share in the silence when they are not.
– I promise to love and care for you, and I will try in every way to be worthy of your love. I will always be honest with you, kind, faithful and forgiving. But most of all, I promise to be a true and loyal heartmate to you.
– I vow to cherish your boundless wisdom, to nurture your ambitions, and to appreciate and reciprocate the warmth and joy you bring to my life every day.
– Just as I give you my hand to hold today, I give you my heart to keep, forever and always.TOBY’S VOWS TO WILL
– I promise to let you have a dog and not to get angry when you spend all day posting Instagrams of it.
– I promise to support and love you through all your wacky and hair brained schemes.
– I promise to try to be more tidy and not let everything I touch become messy.
– I promise to always share my stupid stories from my day with you.
– I promise to try and learn from you, dreaming big, just like you do and not worry so much about obstacles.
– I promise I will never get tired of waking up next you – it’s my favourite part of the day.
– I promise to always love you, you’re my best friend and have been for eight years and I can’t wait for a lifetime of adventures with you.
The day we told one another we loved each other and Toby asked me to marry him used to be the best day of my life. I know now that it was our wedding day.
// Photography by Jean-Laurent Gaudy