BRIGHT.LIFE

Scandinavian Breakfast: How I Start My Day

chobani flipAt the start of this year I blogged about how I made a conscious effort to change my morning routine when it came to waking up. Since then, I’ve looked for ways to improve my mornings in other ways, too. One of those subsequent changes was in what I ate for breakfast. So, in today’s post, the second in my partnership with Chobani, I’m sharing how I switched up my morning food routine. In case you missed it, my first post shared five tips for staying happy and healthy while traveling.chobani flipTowards the end of the summer I was feeling stuck in a breakfast rut. I was itching to find a quick and healthy solution that I could add or subtract to depending on how much time I had each morning, or how hungry I was feeling. The solution? A Scandinavian-style breakfast. Here’s what I have:
– Two soft-boiled eggs
Chobani Flip yogurt
– Four pieces of thin crisp bread made from Rye
– Cucumber slices
– Grape tomatoes
– Low-fat cheese or a few slices of hard cheese
– Half an avocado sprinkled with chili flakes and a drizzle of EVOO.
– A cup of fresh berries
– An espresso
I swap out various elements of the Scandi breakfast depending on the day of the week and what I have in the kitchen. For example, I usually only have avocados on the weekend. I’ve noticed such a difference in my sustained energy levels since I switched to this breakfast routine – I love it!chobani flipAs a fan of all things Scandi, I haven’t just adopted their approach to a light and healthy breakfast but also the vibe, too. Eating from my colorful Marimekko plates (made in Finland) adds a splash of joy to the mornings. I also try to light a candle before I start preparing the Scandi breakfast so as to start the day off on a warm and cozy note.chobani flipOne of the reasons I love to include a Chobani Flip in my breakfast line up is because they have so many different flavors to choose from that I never tire of them! Chobani recently rebranded their packaging as they look towards their next ten years as a company. I love that their aim with the new look was to ‘add a little joy to the grocery isle’ – how’s that for an everyday make-you-smile style moment, eh?! But beyond the colorful new packaging design and branding, I love that their mission is centered around physical wellbeing, social wellbeing, and environmental wellbeing. After all, the first part of that mission was key to me finding a breakfast routine that was healthier for my body. Thanks for being such a bright spot in my day, Chobani! Do you guys have a breakfast routine?chobani flip// Photography by Will Taylor | Posted in partnership with Chobani

• Reply Kathy-Lee December 23, 2017 at 11:44 am

Iโ€™ve been looking for heathlier breakfast ideas so this is perfect timing!! Thanks Will and Happy Holidays!

• Reply Jake December 23, 2017 at 11:44 am

Love Chobani! Wanna share? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 23, 2017 at 11:47 am

@Jake – Yay, me too! And, yes, plenty to go around. Come on over! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Cristina December 23, 2017 at 11:45 am

Yumsssssss. You always take the prettiest pics!

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses December 23, 2017 at 12:15 pm

This looks delicious Will! I absolutely love your posts!

I hope you have a wonderful Saturday!
    Michael

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 24, 2017 at 9:17 am

@Michael – Thatโ€™s so sweet, thank you! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Zara December 23, 2017 at 5:25 pm

A perfect breakfast and healthy too! Lovely photographed, so tempting!:)
    Happy holidays, Will!๐ŸŽ„

• Reply Louise C December 24, 2017 at 6:45 am

I used to be more fanatic about Marimekko, it had been a while. I still have the nicest tote bag from Marimekko. You made me lookup the plates โ˜บ๏ธ Where does the candle holder come from? Is it a tea light holder? I pinned your breakfast, I always eat cold cereals with soy milk, I needed the inspiration and reminder ๐Ÿ˜„

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 24, 2017 at 9:16 am

@Louise – Glad you found it inspiring, thank you for reading! These are my fav plates. The tea light holder is from a small independent store in Copenhagen. I love it!

• Reply I & J December 24, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Happy Christmas and a healthy and happy new year to you both. ” Keep Blogin ”

• Reply Didier December 28, 2017 at 8:53 am

This all looks delicious! The Chobani cinnamon bun flavour sounds so good!!! I wish they sold them in Toronto!

-Didier
    @didieryhc

• Reply Michael Toa December 28, 2017 at 6:40 pm

This breakfast spread looks so good! I’ll be on the lookout for this Chobani cinnamon bun flavour. Love the serving dishes too.

• Reply Cody Czmyr January 3, 2018 at 8:26 pm

I recently went to Finland and picked up the rye, butter and cucumber combo for breakfast. When I returned to Chicago, I ate it for a few weeks! Such a great and easy way to start you morning. Throw in the avocado and/or some cheese and you’re all set!!

• Reply Paula January 6, 2018 at 9:40 am

Will, do you eat all of that for breakfast or are those the choices. Nevertheless, it is beautifully presented. Love it! Especially the lighting of a candle before your breakfast prep. What better way to start!

I also want to ask you about the kitchen picture. Are your cabinets, Navy blue or black? They are beautiful. Iโ€™m getting ready to paint my kitchen & cabinets. Originally I was going for White for the top cabinets and dark gray or black for the bottoms. Any opinion about that? Or advice. My kitchen is a tiny galley kitchen.

• Reply Diego January 11, 2018 at 5:14 pm

amazing! What kind of Camera do you use ?