How, HOW, is is the last weekend before Christmas already, you guys?! I’ve been flat-out with work, moving apartments and a bunch of travel since September so I’m really behind on my festive prep this year. If you’re in the same situation as me then you’re probably planning on making a big dent in your gift buying and Christmas to-do list this weekend, right?! We’ve got this! If you are planning on avoiding the crowds in the stores, then I hope my digital gift guide will help you find the perfect holiday gift for anyone in your life who loves style, design and travel. Dive in and let me know what’s catching your eye from these gift ideas – for you or a loved one! Because, let’s get real, who doesn’t end up treating themselves to a little gift while holiday shopping?! #guiltyascharged
1. All Birds wool runners | I’ve been wearing these stylish runners almost daily since early summer and I’ve been asked so many times in the street, gym and subway where I bought them. They’re so great because they keep your feet cool in hot weather and warm when it’s cold (great for places with extreme temps. like NYC!). Plus, they are genuinely the most comfortable shoe I’ve ever worn. Seriously!
2. Tom Dixon candle | I wish there was scratch and sniff technology on computuer/mac/phone screens so you guys could experience the intoxicating scent of this Tom Dixon candle. It’s a divine aroma combines mint, cedar, and guaiac for a rich mossy freshness. The glass carafe it comes in is beautiful enough in its own right be treasured long after the wax finishes burning, too.
3. J.Crew sweater | Who doesn’t love a cozy cable knit sweater for winter? One in each color, please!
4. Clinique sonic cleanser | Each time I get a facial the beauty therapist always tells me I should get one of these sonic cleaners and use it as part of my skincare routine. Lets consider this addition both a passing on of that therapist’s wise knowledge and a subtle gift hint to my heartmate…!
5. Mr. Porter leather bound manicure kit | This gift is certainly a luxe and budget-breaking one, but it’s also a beautiful kit that would set up a loved one’s grooming arsenal for many, many years.
6. Menu Willmann vase | I love how Hanne Willmann’s design for this vase gently connects the opposites of glass and concrete, marrying the breakable and the strong. Gift this to your design loving friend.
7. Long Wharf Supply Falmouth alpaca throw | Banish away any winter chills with this oh-so-soft throw from Long Wharf Supply. It will still look great on the couch when the mercury rises next season, too.
8. Samsung Serif TV | This TV has been on my lust-list long before it made Oprah’s list of Favorite Things this year. Thanks to its best-in-class display technology, the Samsung Serif TV offers a more elegant viewing experience that’s designed to blend naturally within the home. So, if you know someone who loves to decorate and is always trying to find a way to make the TV look more attractive in their living room, then this is the gift for them. It can be used with or without the legs, and it’s unique I-shaped profile broadens at the bottom to form a sturdy base and at the top, a small shelf.
9. Oslo 5 pc cutlery set | If you know someone who loves to entertain (or perhaps is throwing a NYE dinner party?!) then this flatware set in a chic, matte black is the perfect gift.
10. TRNK Theo stoneware French press kit | Coffee lovers rejoice. Not only does this French press kit produce delicious coffee but it looks so darn pretty on countertops, too. I won’t lie, I’d be very happy to open this under the tree on Christmas Day!
11. Oars & Alps skincare set | This new skincare brand was founded with the aim to give active guys the best-possible skincare, without the hassle, markup, or toxins. I’ve tried all three products and they work a treat. I love that they aren’t too heavy or greasy. Plus, the smell (and packaging) are both A+.
12. Oliver Cabell Arcata travel set | Why not be extra generous and throw those Oars & Alps into a stylish dopp kit for your loved one? Doesn’t get more sophisticated than this design by Oliver Cabell. Love!
13. Minted travel prints | If you know someone who loves to travel, or perhaps you and a friend have a special memory or connection to a certain state or place, then an art print depicting said place makes for a touching and memorable gift.
14. Club Monaco Master & Dynamic MH40 headphones | Give the gift of great sound this holiday season – ha! I bought a part of M&D headphones back in the summer and they transformed my experience of listening to music and books while I travel. Doesn’t hurt that they look so sexy, either.
15. Danish Design Store JWDA lamp | The minimalist lover will coo over this stylish lamp. The concrete base has a brutalist feel, while the metallic one has a sense of luxury to it.
16. Danish Design Store black marble candleholder | My coffee table would be thrilled to receive this on the Big Day. It’s totally acceptable to buy your coffee table a gift, right?!
17. Neiman Marcus Acqua di Parma Cedro di Taormina gift set | Whisk a loved one away to the dancing breezes of the Ionian sea with this gift set that includes Cedro di Taormina eau de toilette and the Cedro di Taormina Invigorating Shower Gel. The lush scent blends basil, fresh citrus, black pepper and lavender.
18. East Dane Maison Kitsune keyring | Help up your traveller friend’s sartorial game with this keyring that oozes understated style. Also great for label lovers, too.
19. West Elm watercolor pillow | The wintery blues of this watercolor fern sham will look equally as stylish in spring as they will in winter.
20. COS metallic tote bag | Your fashion forward friend will be delighted with the minimalist Japanese meets Scandinavian aesthetic of this bag.