Looking Back On My American Book Tour Events

bright-bazaar-book-tour-1bright-bazaar-book-tour-2bright-bazaar-book-tour-3bright-bazaar-book-tour-4bright-bazaar-book-tour-5bright-bazaar-book-tour-6bright-bazaar-book-tour-7bright-bazaar-book-tour-8bright-bazaar-book-tour-9bright-bazaar-book-tour-10bright-bazaar-book-tour-11bright-bazaar-book-tour-12bright-bazaar-book-tour-13bright-bazaar-book-tour-14

Hello, folks! Mr. Bazaar is BACK! A few days ago I arrived back in the UK after six weeks on the road. I literally left for America the morning after the London book launch party at West Elm and have crossed the US four times since! When I started Bright.Bazaar five years ago, I never would have dreamed that I would end up on a book tour across America – it still sounds completely ridiculous when I say it, so I don’t think it’s quite sunk in yet. Perhaps that’s because I’ve come home and dived straight into wedding planning (four weeks to go!), but either way I know I will cherish the experiences over the past month or so for many years.

I really enjoyed partnering with Justin, Danielle and Alaina and Jon to curate city guides in each major city I stopped at – follow the links to read about our adventures in New York City, Chicago and Los Angeles. The day after I explored each city for the guide I then held a book signing and #makeyousmilestyle party at the local West Elm store. I’m really grateful to all of the in-store teams who did an outstanding job of putting on such memorable events in each city. In New York City there was an adorable pretzel cart (perfect for this total carb addict!); in Chicago there was a playful Smilebooth and a stunning origami installation; while in Los Angeles there was colourful dip dye coffee filter display. I loved how each store covered a white Parsons desk with washi tape to emulate the striped hardcover of my book, too. I signed the desks in the Chicago and Los Angeles stores, so if you are in town do pop in see how fantastic they look in person!

I’d like to say a big, bright thank you to my lovely co-hosts, all the kind readers old and new who came out to celebrate the Bright Bazaar book and #makeyousmilestyle with me, plus everyone at West Elm and St. Martin’s Press for their hard work in making the tour such a success. Thanks also to the Bright.Bazaar readers who stopped me as I shopped in stores or walked along the pavement (sorry, sidewalk!) to say ‘hello’, you made me feel so welcome as I travelled alone across America! It really does make me smile to see the hundreds of pictures on the #makeyousmilestyle feed on Instagram, so please do keep tagging your colourful snaps around the world as I love seeing colour through your eyes.

P.S. I seem to have turned into Mr. News Anchor in that first picture – ha!

// Photography by Dabito (NYC, LA); Stoffer Photography (Chicago)

• Reply Jesse Lili May 29, 2014 at 10:50 am

Hi Will! Just wanted to say I got your book at Blogtacular (there was a book stall!) and I’ve now finished it and really really loved it. I moved in just one month ago from a flat-share to my own place (with BF) and it’s really inspired me to think about what to do with the space AND embrace color. Your booked opened the door to a whole world of interiors love for me so thank you! Jesse Lili.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 29, 2014 at 11:29 am

@Jesse – Thank you so much for buying the book (I didn’t know my book was on sale there – how fun!) and for your kind words. Pleased you are feeling inspired to get colourful, too! πŸ™‚

• Reply Susan May 29, 2014 at 11:37 am

Fantastic parties for a fantastic book! Bravo, Mr Bazaar!!

• Reply Bea May 29, 2014 at 11:38 am

With all those smiling faces they really were ‘make you smile’ parties! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us all. x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 29, 2014 at 11:39 am

@Bea – I have to admit, they really were such energetic and enjoyable events – lots of smiles! πŸ™‚ x

• Reply Emelie @florainspiro May 29, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Welcome back to the blog, we missed you! It’s been so nice to “follow” you to the US here on the blog & on IG πŸ™‚ Seems like they throw some great book parties for you.

P.S. I think you’re better as mr News Anchor than Mr Weather! Cuz as mr Weather I bet you would only predict bright skies! πŸ˜‰
    xx Emeie

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 29, 2014 at 12:45 pm

@Emelie – That comment about Mr. Weather made me laugh out loud – so true! x

• Reply Louisa May 29, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Welcome home Will! It’s lovely to have you back. The book tour looks absolutely fantastic – you are amazing!! What a wonderful achievement.

I love the book so much, I’ve already had to lend it to a friend though so spotted it in our studio and whisked it away!

See you soon,
    Louisa xx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 29, 2014 at 2:00 pm

@Louisa – Thanks, lovely, the more I start to let it sink in the more I am realising how amazing it all is! Pleased you (and a friend!) are enjoying the book! See you soon x

• Reply Jessie @ MessyJesse May 29, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Wow, Will! how fabulous, so so so pleased for you. You really are riding the crest of wave right now, yay! Keep going πŸ˜‰ xo

• Reply tim@designmaze May 29, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Just absolutely fabulous and so proud of your amazing achievement! What a huge talented fireball you are and may I just say I am in love with your outfits!!

Can’t wait to meet up with you guys again! How is Nuremberg in around Christmas with Igor?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 29, 2014 at 2:52 pm

@Tim – Thanks for all your kind and warm support, Tim – you rock! And totally up for hanging out with you guys in Germany this December! x

• Reply Emily Clark May 29, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Will, you are adorable πŸ™‚ I rarely comment but am so happy for your success!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 29, 2014 at 5:01 pm

@Emily – So lovely to see your name pop up, Emily! Thank you for being so supportive of Bright.Bazaar for so many years, I’m truly grateful! πŸ™‚

• Reply Brooke May 29, 2014 at 5:11 pm

So proud of you!

• Reply Sarah May 29, 2014 at 9:31 pm

I have never heard of your blog before but I saw your book today and thought it was amazing! Congratulations!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 29, 2014 at 9:47 pm

@Sarah – Thank for the kind words and for taking time to stop by! πŸ™‚

• Reply Gabrielle May 29, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Looks like you had a wonderful time, Will, it’s the kind of experience dreams are made of! Treasure it always and enjoy your wedding planning, more stuff of dreams! x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 29, 2014 at 9:53 pm

@Gabrielle – Thank you! It was such a surreal and amazing experience. πŸ™‚

• Reply geraldine@littlebigbell May 29, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Such an amazing experience Will, couldn’t have happened to a nicer person. You so deserve it because I know you work really hard. Love the book! xx

• Reply Martyn May 29, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Welcome back! The book tour looked fantastic, congratulations. Enjoy your wedding planning. M

• Reply Fiona Duke May 30, 2014 at 9:00 am

looks like you had a fantastic time and I find what you’ve achieved really inspirational.

good things happen to good people I believe so WELL DONE πŸ™‚

• Reply Kate May 30, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Welcome back Will! Coming along to your London book launch inspired me to set up my own interiors blog at http://www.theinsidestoryblog.co.uk – don’t worry though, it’s no competition for yours!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 31, 2014 at 6:59 pm

@Kate – Congratulations on the new blog and thanks for coming to the launch! πŸ™‚

• Reply Jocelyn Casey May 30, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Wonderful pics! The first one belongs in GQ! Big hugs from all of us in AZ! xoxo

• Reply Toni @ Skandivis May 31, 2014 at 7:41 am

Welcome home Will! It’s great to have you back! What an amazing adventure it has been to follow what Will did next .. I’m in no doubt that there will be many more adventures to follow not least the wedding to your lovely Toby. xx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 31, 2014 at 6:58 pm

@Toni – Thanks for following along and for all your kind support. Hope to see you soon! x

• Reply Lana June 2, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Congratulations Will! It looks like you had an amazing tour and I so enjoyed all the city guide posts xx

• Reply Mary Beth June 2, 2014 at 3:57 pm

We’re missing you already in the U.S., Will πŸ™‚ Gotta go now, I’m so inspired by your book I have to add some poms to something, make myself some string ‘n nail art and Oh, Yeah, build a stable off the living room and add a horse to bring the outdoors in (I really really wish I could as seen in the book – AWESOME)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 2, 2014 at 6:33 pm

@Mary Beth – Thank you! I love hearing all these little titbits from the book that you enjoyed. Isn’t that Spanish farmhouse just incredible?! Loved shooting and styling there!

• Reply LAuren June 2, 2014 at 9:59 pm

well that looks like a terrible time! πŸ˜‰

so happy for you… and next time, im coming along for the fun! i’ll be your american translator. πŸ˜‰ ha!

• Reply LAuren June 2, 2014 at 10:01 pm

That just looks a terrible time. I’m so sorry!! πŸ˜‰

Next time I’m coming with you as your UK-US translator! πŸ˜‰

• Reply Chichi furniture June 4, 2014 at 9:45 am

Congratulations on what looks like fabulous, successful tour. Emily at Chichi :O)

• Reply DELEITE DESIGN June 8, 2014 at 3:13 pm

congratulations Will! you are a really talented person so you deserve it!
    you know if the book arrived Spain?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 9, 2014 at 8:43 am

@Deleite Design – Yes, you can buy it on Amazon UK or US and have it shipped to Spain! πŸ™‚