BRIGHT.TRAVEL

Vibrant Venice: Exploring With Happy Mundane

V1v2V3V4V5V6V7V8V9V10V11V12V13V14V15

Jonathan Lo and I met one another through our blogs about three or so years ago. With a shared love of hue we often exchanged postcards from our various travels across the globe and finally met in person during a trip to NYC in 2013. So when it came to exploring LA ahead of the final stop on my book tour with west elm, I was super excited to explore Jon’s favourite design stores and eateries in the city’s vibrance Venice district. With our pal and talented photographer Dabito along for the ride, we set off colour hunting around the area for an afternoon under the SoCal sun. Click over to West Elm’s blog Front & Main to read our full guide to Venice, along with stacks of extra snaps from the day. Thanks for everything, JoLo!

// Photography by Dabito

You Might Also Like

• Reply Alexandra Aimee May 9, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Lovely post! This certainly is bright and cheerful!

— Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

• Reply Bea May 10, 2014 at 1:53 am

You guys clearly had a blast!! Great places you included.

• Reply Bj May 10, 2014 at 1:54 am

Such fun to follow these posts!

• Reply Anya May 10, 2014 at 7:17 am

Ohh looks so FAB – 2 cool blogger loose on Venice beach – what’s not to LOVE. Happy weekend Will,
    Ax

• Reply Mike Ahern May 10, 2014 at 9:59 am

Hey Will, absolutely beautiful photography – certainly brightened up my grey & rainy day in the UK!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 10, 2014 at 10:21 am

@Mike – Dabito is so talented, love his work. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the weekend! x

• Reply susan // fleurishing May 13, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Well you are just having too much fun! ;)

Both you + Oh Joy started with ice cream shots, hehe…makes me smile. Summer is upon us!

• Reply Natalia May 13, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Fabulous pics Will:) as always anyway.

• Reply Isabel May 14, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Your pictures are always so amazing. I love love love your blog!!!!

I just saw this and it reminded me of you. http://www.etsy.com/shop/gutav?section_id=13933310&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1
    How cute is this?

xoxo

• Reply Geraldine@littlebigbell May 14, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Will, you look like you are having a fabulous time in the States! Maybe I can find myself a role and follow you if you do book number 2. How does ‘fan club controller’ sound? Your pals Dabito and Jonathan are so cool. Hopefully get to meet them one day! Anyway, so happy for your success! x

• Reply Trude May 20, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I only just discovered your lovely blog through Apartment Therapy, and imagine my happy surprise to recognize Dab’s lovely work in combo with yours! I’ve been a fan of his for a long time and am happy to add you to the list. :) Congrats on the book!

• Reply Mel May 21, 2014 at 5:10 am

Will, so great to see these photos during your tour. Hope you’re enjoying your well deserved break now. xx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 21, 2014 at 8:03 am

@Mel – Thanks for following along. Back in London now and hitting the ground running! Hope you are well. x

• Reply Chelsey May 22, 2014 at 5:39 am

wow these pictures are amazing! I love venice, such a fun place to explore – especially abbot kinney. looks like you hit up all the best spots!
    xChelsey

• Reply Judith May 27, 2014 at 11:58 pm

Fabulous to see these colorful shots with 3 talented misters united! I’ve been a long-time follower of Jon and love his eye for color & style. His TGIF video breaks are the best! Of course I just had to pin that image at Chariots on Fire to our Urban Jungle Bloggers board ;) Hope you are well!