Travel: Exploring NYC With Scout Sixteen

Ahead of the first American stop on my #makeyousmilestyle tour for the Bright Bazaar book, I was lucky enough explore Downtown NYC with my friend Justin Livingston from Scout Sixteen. Justin was kind enough to spend the afternoon of his birthday showing me around some of his favourite spots, and while the weather wasn’t on our side – it was the 10th wettest day in NYC since records began! – we were determined not to let it dampen our spirits. With good pal and talented photographer Dabito in toe, we set off colour hunting around the city to take in everything from a tasty brunch and stylish fashion boutiques, to interior design gems and vibrant outdoor artworks. Plus, we discovered the perfect way to enjoy gelato on a cold NYC day. Click over to west elm’s blog Front & Main to read the tour and discover eight need-to-know downtown NYC addresses. There will be #makeyousmilestyle parties at west elm stores in Chicago and LA next week.

// Photography by Dabito

• Reply Jules May 2, 2014 at 7:47 pm

It looks like you both had a wonderful time! Great pictures.

• Reply Susan May 2, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Heading to NYC in a month so I’ll have to bookmark the guide. Thanks for posting!!

• Reply Brooke May 2, 2014 at 9:22 pm

So bright and fun!

• Reply Claudia - DesignClaud May 3, 2014 at 2:37 am

Great photoshoot in NY. You look really happy!

• Reply Geraldine@littlebigbell May 3, 2014 at 6:06 am

Love the photos! Just how I imagine cool NY to be! So happy you are having a wonderful time. Just commented on Front and Main, definitely keeping a note of those places. I’m really enjoying following along your trip with the photos! Looking forward to seeing you when you are back in London! Xx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 3, 2014 at 11:36 am

@Geraldine – Thank you! It’s such a great city and I know you would love it because there’s no where like it in the world for shopping! ;) x

• Reply Mel May 5, 2014 at 6:23 am

Will it looks like that rain just made it all the more fun and adventurous. Such incredible photos but I wouldn’t expect anything less from Dabito – I love his IG feed. Checking out Scout Sixteen now:) Have fun on the tour! M xx

• Reply Trisha May 6, 2014 at 9:54 am

OOOOO im going to new york soon. This has got me really excited!! x

• Reply susan May 6, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Great shots…so sorry I couldn’t be there to support you Will. I hope to see you on the 15th!

• Reply Tim@DesignMaze May 7, 2014 at 11:29 pm

what a fun visit! too bad about the rain but so glad you boys had a blast! Thanks for introducing me to Justin! love his style and Scout Sixteen will be my daily read on guys fashion!