New Art In My Home: Gray Malin Photography

Gray-Malin-Photography-Prints-1It’s official: I’m addicted to art. The strongest part of my addiction lies in photographic prints, which is why I was super excited to add two of Gray Malin’s photographs to the walls of my apartment. Gray and I met in person while I was in Los Angeles last month (check out his incredible office!) and the passion he has for his work shone through so strongly. We sat for almost an hour chatting about how he shoots and his memories from past adventures trying to capture shots. Having long admired Gray’s work, it was great to be able to meet him in person and talk with him about his unique vision and inspirations first hand. Very inspiring. Gray-Malin-Photography-Prints-2The two prints are from Gray’s ever expanding Au Parc and A La Plage collections, and both show off his incredible talent for ariel photography. The Au Parc series captures beautiful parks filled with nature and city-goers and he was inspired to create the series during an afternoon picnic in Central Park, and has since captured parks in NYC, Chicago, London and Barcelona. Given blue is one of the colours I decorate with most at home it was easy for me to pick this Barcelona Swimmers print. Not only do I really like how graphic the photograph is, but the vibrancy of the blue hues is incredible, too. I almost feel like I want to jump straight into it every time I look at! It’s the perfect hero piece to anchor the gallery wall in my office, don’t you think? The second print sits above my TV and helps to add a splash of perspective and hue to an otherwise quiet corner. The Notting Hill print reminds me of spending time in one of my favourite – and most colourful – parts of West London. So much #makeyousmilestyle right there, huh?! Head over to Gray’s blog today to read a fun little interview I did with his team! What do you think of my new art, folks? Do you like to hang photographic prints in your home?
// Photography by Andrew Boyd for Bright.Bazaar

• Reply The Kentucky gent April 28, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Gray’s work is incredible, so it’s only natural that the two of you joined forces for some posts and that you’d add some of his art to your wall.

Josh – The Kentucky Gent

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 28, 2015 at 2:55 pm

@Josh – Isn’t his work amazing? Such a talent! We just hung out together in Barcelona for this latest collaboration with Le Meridien – incredible experience!

• Reply Jules April 28, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Your knack for combining colour always inspires me. This pairing is one of my favourites you have shown! Great prints.

• Reply Grant April 28, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Two of my favorites! Love how you styled and hung the art!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 28, 2015 at 3:02 pm

@Grant – Me too. So pleased with how they look hung on the wall with my other pieces!

• Reply Jo April 28, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Hi Will, I love the pictures you’ve chosen especially the Notting Hill shot. I’ve popped across to Gray’s site and I love his balloon photos, my fave is the sea with a line of heartshaped balloons running across. Now if he could just do one of Lyme Regis for me I’d be in heaven. I also love his Far away series “Lights” photo. I also really like the Barcelona shots from the air. Barcelona was such a beautiful place. Now all I need is some money
    Jo x

• Reply Lisette May 5, 2015 at 7:16 pm

Love the Notting Hill print, lovely place, did you find the ‘blue door’? We also had the privilige to have one of the residents helps us on our way to said door, through a communal park which only residents have acces to. Such a peaceful and well maintained space, loved it!