BRIGHT.LIFE

10 Things I Learned & Loved This Weekend

Menorca-Spain1. This is the most gorgeous rustic gate I’ve ever seen. Add in the blue skies and seemingly endless vines, and this made for a picture perfect #mrbazaartravels moment in Menorca.Casa-Batllo-Gaudi-Barcelona2. Casa Batllo is my favourite of the Gaudi buildings in Barcelona.Gray-Malin-Le-Meridien-Ra-Barcelona-Follow-Gray3. If you follow Bright.Bazaar on Instagram and Twitter then you may have seen the adventures I had with Gray Malin at the absolutely stunning Le Meridien Ra Hotel and Spa in Barcelona. I’ll be blogging the full recap later this month, so stay tuned for A LOT of fun colour!Wine-Menorca4. It felt so amazing to return to the vineyard in Menorca where my heart mate and I married last year. I’m shooting a house here for my second Bright.Bazaar book this week, and I’m so pleased we were able to share a day together beforehand on our special island.Binifadet-Menorca5. The interior of the Binifadet vineyard is on point – love all the textures and design classics peppered throughout.Anchor-door-sitges-spain6. The moment I saw this door in Sitges, Spain I died and went to nautical heaven!Blue-walls-sitges-barcelona-spain7. How beautiful is this courtyard I spotted while colour hunting in Sitges, Spain? Those blues! Those greens! Love.Pretty-ballerinas-heart-building-menorca8. I happened upon this darling house on Saturday and it seemed so perfect given it was my first trip back to the island I married my love on!Valspar-Young-Designer-of-The-Year-20159. Valspar Paint’s Young Designer of The Year competition is now open for entries! I’m one of the panelists judging the competition and the winner will win Β£5,000 towards their studies, or to invest in their interior design career. They will also have the opportunity to realise their design in a real home, working with myself and Marianne Cotterill, interiors stylist from Livingetc magazine. The winner’s work will also be showcased in the October issue of Livingetc magazine – a fantastic platform to launch your design career! You can enter here.LCDQ-Legends-201510. I am thrilled to be one of the social media ambassadors for this year’s Legends of La Cienega event in LA. This year’s theme is ‘Where Muses Dwell’, so I’m super excited to see all the inspirational window displays that America’s top designers create. I can’t wait to see lots of you there – you can register for the keynotes and showroom programs right here! If you can’t make it, be sure to follow along my adventures on Twitter and Instagram!

• Reply Emma April 26, 2015 at 3:44 pm

beautiful!

• Reply SusaN April 26, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Can’t wait to see you back in LA for Legends!! Great group!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 26, 2015 at 4:24 pm

@Susan – Me toooooo! So honored to be part of this group and the event!

• Reply JUlie April 26, 2015 at 4:22 pm

The house with the heart is made me smile so I bet it did make you smile a lot! Enjoyed your Instagrams with Gray Malin so I await patiently for the full look! πŸ™‚

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 26, 2015 at 4:25 pm

@Julie – Thanks for following along. It really was so much fun and I can’t wait to share all the colours I captured. And don’t get me started on the house with the heart…!

• Reply Monica April 26, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Casa BatllΓ³ is also my favorite among the Gaudi’s masterpieces. It’s so unusual and still beautiful, it has something that remains there deep in the memory.

• Reply Trisha April 27, 2015 at 8:31 am

Congratulations on becoming an Ambassador! Really cool.

Looks like you and your husband had a great trip back to where you got married!

• Reply RObbi April 27, 2015 at 10:40 am

Will the blues & greens in photo number 7 reminds me so much of Yves Saint Laurent’s Marrakech hideaway retreat Jardin Majorelle.

Breathtaking!

• Reply The Kentucky gent April 27, 2015 at 6:47 pm

One of my friends from home just returned from a week in Spain, and between her photos + yours I’m definitely wanting to make a visit. Looks like such a gorgeous place! Can’t wait to see the photos from book #2, best of luck.

Josh – The Kentucky Gent

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 28, 2015 at 2:47 pm

@TKG – You must visit if you can! It’s one of my favourite countries! Thanks for the good wishes, too.