First Look: Marks & Spencer A/W15 Collection

Marks-Spencer-AW-15-Home-Collection-1It may well be spring but the weather in London today is decidedly damp and grey, giving the day an autumnal chill rather than a gentle spring warmth. So it feels like the ideal time for Marks and Spencer to preview their forthcoming Autumn/Winter 2015 homeware collection. I’m continually impressed by how high street department stores are building on their Home offering season after season, and the Folk collection from M&S looks set to impress again.Marks-Spencer-AW-15-Home-Collection-2The Folk look is all about creating a fun and vibrant scheme at home which will brighten up dull autumn days. Personally I am already lusting after this pairing of deep, dark and intense teal walls with delicate floral textiles – divine! The designers were inspired to create the collection from a series of antique floral trays. These prints led to the designs for kitchen storage and accessories that balance nostalgic charm with a bright, modern colour palette.Marks-Spencer-AW-15-Home-Collection-3I like how the floral prints have been oversized for the upholstery pieces as it helps to keep the look feeling fresh and more visually interesting. The bright florals are perfect for creating a bold decorating statement, and it shows how the brand are letting pattern take the spotlight for their A/W15 collections. What excites me about this forthcoming collection is how you can use it for a major scheme update with a statement piece of upholstery, or for a quick home update with a peppering of new kitchenware. I like the idea of painting my walls a dark midnight blue hue and then using it as the backdrop to an eye-catching floral print sofa with bright pops of warm orange and pinks.Marks-Spencer-AW-15-Home-Collection-4The Folk look is one of six different ranges for fall, including a Deco Grand look that takes inspiration from the Art Deco era and a strong lighting collection developed with artisan supplier. I’m excited to see these and all the other designs across the collections when they hit stores in August – time to start saving! What’s catching your eye from this sneak peek of Marks and Spencer’s Folk look?Marks-Spencer-AW-15-Home-Collection-5

// Photography by Marks & Spencer (used with permission) | Posted in collaboration with M&S; all views my own

• Reply becky :: accooohtrements April 29, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Ooh very dramatic, I love it!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 29, 2015 at 2:26 pm

@Becky – Isn’t it just! So cocooning and cosy with lovely flashes of hue!

• Reply The Kentucky gent April 29, 2015 at 4:02 pm

I saw blues and oranges paired together the other, in a much different way, but definitely one of my new favorite (although unexpected color combos).

Josh – The Kentucky Gent

• Reply Jen April 30, 2015 at 9:26 am

this is great, just painted our bedroom a dark dramatic blue and struggling to accessorise it so this is very helpful! thanks!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 30, 2015 at 9:37 am

@Jen – My pleasure. So pleased you found it helpful! Good luck with the accessorising! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Susan April 30, 2015 at 9:39 am

M&S are my favourite! So excited for this collection now thanks for sharing it with us, Will! x

• Reply Jules April 30, 2015 at 9:40 am

Love the floral bedding!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 30, 2015 at 9:41 am

@Jules – Me too, it goes so well with the dark colour palette. A lovely pop of hue and pattern!

• Reply Amanda mcivor April 30, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Lovely moody colours especially the midnight blue walls and purple with mustard glassware.

• Reply Amanda April 30, 2015 at 8:45 pm

Gorgeous colour palettes. Love the midnight blue wall and the purple with mustard glassware.

• Reply Fiona Duke May 1, 2015 at 6:13 pm

i am LOVING that antique floral sofa. It’s funny because I like a bold pattern but often not floral…..it makes you think dated Laura Ashley (sorry Laura Ashley) but this is gorgeous

It has a kind of timorous beasties vibe don’t you think

• Reply es June 6, 2015 at 5:35 pm

This is too beautiful. Great inspiration. Will keep these in mind.