Beach House Walkthrough Closet Reveal

*Use the slider to see the elfa closet before and after*

Remember back in the summer of last year when I shared the upstairs plans for the beach house renovation? Today, I’m excited to show the reveal of the one of the major structural changes we made to the upstairs of the property. Looking back at that blog post – which shows the old upstairs bathroom and then the space demo’d back to the studs – and comparing it to this gorgeous walkthrough closet that passes between the master bedroom and bath? Well, it’s kinda incredible, you guys! I’m so proud of how my heart mate and I had the vision to transform this space. The Container Store were kind enough to gift us an elfa closet and I’m diving into all of the details we chose for the closet in this post. Let’s do this!elfa closetThis is the view from the master bedroom looking through the walkthrough elfa closet to the master bath. We are waiting to have our saddles installed between the closet floor and the bathroom floor but we’re almost there!elfa closetI’ve written at length before about my morning routines and one of those is espresso in bed the moment my heart mate and I wake up. So, we were thrilled when we discovered that the elfa closet system allows for the installation of sliding shelves – the perfect home for our Nespresso Essenza Mini machine!elfa closetOne of the major benefits of the elfa closet system is that it gives you room to grow and adapt as your closet needs change. You can easily add, remove and reposition drawers, shelves and other pieces as you wish. This is useful for us at the beach house because we can swap the arrangement up as we switch from our summer to winter wardrobes.elfa closetYou can also customize your elfa closet to fit your decor styles thanks to different components, finishes and styles. I love how you can truly create a closet solution that works for your needs. I don’t know about you but I’m happiest in the home when things are both pretty and practical!elfa closetYou can see above how we installed ‘decor’ fronts to our drawers that give the closet an elevated look thanks to the natural birch wood finish. I like how we have both open and closed storage options in the current iteration of the closet. Flexibility is key!elfa closetMy two favorite design elements of the elfa closet are the gliding shoe shelf and the accessory tray that I keep my watches in. Oh my this level of organization makes me so happy! #ThisIs30 😉 What do you think of my new closet, friends? If you’re keen to design an elfa closet for your home then you’re in luck because they are currently 30% off. Also, don’t stress if you’re lost as to where to start because there’s a helpful team of closet designers in your local Container Store waiting to help design the perfect closet for you. Go, go, go!elfa closet// Photography by Will Taylor

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses February 5, 2018 at 8:03 am

Your closet is absolutely gorgeous, Will! I’m in love! I love how you’ve styled it, it’s so bright and airy!

I hope you have a great Monday!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 5, 2018 at 8:53 am

@Michael – Thank you so much, Michael! Thrilled with how it looks! Have a great week! 🙂

• Reply Samuel February 5, 2018 at 8:48 am

Ugh. Dream closet!

• Reply Zander February 5, 2018 at 8:50 am

Neat set up Will. The symmetry is pleasing on the eye for sure.

• Reply Felicity February 5, 2018 at 8:52 am

Wil!! Perfect timing as we’re remodelling our closet this spring! Did you install it yourself? If not how?? Thanks!!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 5, 2018 at 11:44 am

@Felicity – How exciting! We didn’t install it ourselves we had someone from the container store come and do it for us. The price varies by size. It took the installer about two hours to install our closet. Hope that helps!

• Reply Jenn Lake February 5, 2018 at 10:11 am

LOVE how this turned out! Happy Monday, friend!

• Reply Harry M. Fontenot III February 6, 2018 at 12:19 am

Another design triumph at the beach house! Great inspo…I’m turning a small extra bedroom into my closet/dressing room…love how this looks and feels. Thanks for sharing, Will.😍

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 6, 2018 at 8:03 am

@Harry – Thank you so much! So exciting about your new closet remodel, too. Hope it goes well. 🙂

• Reply Derekm February 6, 2018 at 6:45 pm

Love the colors and cleanliness for the space.

• Reply Shawn February 6, 2018 at 7:25 pm

I love this closet! Such a good use of space!

• Reply CeCe February 6, 2018 at 8:42 pm

My hubby SO needs that drawer for his watches! OK, who am I kidding? He needs a place for all his damn shoes! LOL

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 6, 2018 at 8:43 pm

@CeCe – I legit just scream laughed! DEAD!

• Reply CeCe February 6, 2018 at 8:47 pm

LMAO. It’s so true, though. I wish our closet looked like yours, but he’s got too many damn shoes! Jordans, old school Nike’s, Allen Edmonds…A LOT of Allen Edmonds. It’s a bit crazy up in there. Totally glad I made you scream-laugh, though. Aaaaaand, my day is complete. LOL

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 6, 2018 at 8:56 pm

@CeCe – I mean, you could make a verrrrrrry awesome color wall of shoes out of all of those. Just sayin’! Thanks for reading. 🙂

• Reply Shavonda February 7, 2018 at 2:04 am

I mean HELLO GORGEOUS!!! Aside from it being just so so pretty this is SUCH a great use of space Will. Taking a space that could’ve been wasted as a thoroughfare and turning it into floor to ceiling usable space!!! Just so so smart friend.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 7, 2018 at 8:10 am

@Shavonda – Thank you so much! Have to say that your closet looks amazing too!

• Reply Danny van der Wielen February 7, 2018 at 2:32 am

So beautifull Will, I love it 😍

• Reply Hermine Coyet Ohlén February 7, 2018 at 11:25 am

I would really love to know how you got your photo slider. I love it. Like your instafeed ♥️
    Hermine from Sweden

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 7, 2018 at 11:38 am

@Hermine – Thank you so much! The slider is a WordPress plug in!

• Reply Hermine Coyet Ohlén February 7, 2018 at 3:06 pm