Our Beach House Living Room: The Reveal

beach house living room designPhew, what a week it’s been! On Tuesday I revealed my first ever top-to-bottom kitchen remodel when I shared the full tour of our beach house kitchen. Yesterday, I blogged the reveal of the beach house master bedroom, and now today I’m sharing a look inside the beach house living room! After the master bedroom, this was the next space I designed in collaboration with Sally from The Studio at One Kings Lane. We started the process by going through a bunch of Pinterest boards, such as this one, that I’d complied with inspiration for the space. Then, we sat down together at the beautiful One Kings Lane Studio space in NYC (I’ll be blogging that space soon, too!) to go through the vision my heartmate and I had for the space. We had picked out a bunch of products from One Kings Lane that had caught our eye then Sally and I went through the selections, along with some of her own fantastic suggestions, to edit the space down to what you see here today. So, without further ado, let’s jump straight into the beach house living room design tour!

beach house living room designOver the summer I shared an update from the beach house that detailed all the structural changes we made downstairs in the property. It’s well worth revisiting to see how far this space has come on! The space you see above used to be separate to the living room and was the small fourth bedroom of the house. Where those stunning steel and glass French doors now stand there used to be a small window (see it here!), and about where the tree was is where the wall that separated the living room and bedroom used to be. I’m so pleased we made this change as the living area is so much more functional and suited to our lifestyle. Plus, the natural light that pours in through those gorgeous doors is unreal! Dare I say it but they feel rather of the ilk of a Nancy Meyer’s movie set, no?! The moment I saw this pair of vintage French grain sack armchairs over on One Kings Lane I knew they would be ideal for this cozy nook that directly off the main living room space. They are so me!beach house living room designI’ve always been mad about mixing patterns and I love what we did with the plaid, stripes and paisley prints in the living room. The space feels both laid-back beachy and subtly masculine; the array of blues is the red thread that ties everything together.beach house living room designOK, so this Ralph Lauren Home Halifax lamp? I can’t get enough of it! The perforated ceramic and wooden base bring the ideal touch of texture to this corner, which we’ve made into a bar area because this little nook is the perfect spot for pre-dinner cocktails, don’t you think? The map print was gifted to us by Toby’s dad who bought it from a local store in Bellport when he came to visit us in America earlier this year.beach house living room designThe navy Cara skirted sofa was the first piece I chose for the beach house living room. Wanna know the reason why? Well, it’s all thanks to Will’s apartment from Will & Grace! Fellow fans of the sitcom will probably know how incredibly stylish Will’s apartment is, not least thanks to the navy sofa that Will, Grace, Jack and Karen often lark about upon! Well, it’s almost identical in style to the Cara sofa and I squealed with excitement when I first saw it! It was the jumping off point for the rest of the space and led us to choosing the Ralph Lauren Home Canyon Stripe rug and the plaid ottoman by Miles Talbott. I just love how all the shades of blue gel together, it’s so calming. The space feels cozy yet sophisticated – we love it! Also, how cute is the little Ruby magazine table? We still need to add some drapes, hang a few more pieces of art and finish the fireplace but it’s so exciting that the beach house living room is well on the way to being completed. I’d love to know which pieces have caught your eye? The good news is that if you’ve spotted something you love, you can shop everything you see in our beach house living room (apart from the vintage pieces) over on One Kings Lane. Yay!beach house living room design// Interior design by Will Taylor in collaboration with Sally from The Studio at One Kings Lane | Photography by David Land

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses October 13, 2017 at 6:28 am

I’m loving your reveal series Will! Your style is so awesome, I think it’s great!

I hope you’re having a lovely Friday,
    Michael

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 13, 2017 at 8:16 am

@Michael – Thank you so much! Grateful to have you following along. Happy Friday!

• Reply Jax October 13, 2017 at 8:00 am

Gorgeous! Love the two armchairs with the blue stripes!!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 13, 2017 at 8:17 am

@Jax – Yay! Aren’t they so cute? Definitely one of my favorite pieces in the house.

• Reply Aaron October 13, 2017 at 8:03 am

ok when am I coming over this looks incredible!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 13, 2017 at 8:18 am

@Aaron – As long as you bring chocolate cookies you can come anytime! lol 🙂

• Reply Harriet Wayward October 13, 2017 at 8:07 am

It’s absolutely stunning Will. You and Toby are clearly thrilled and I am for you both as well. Congratulations!

• Reply Nathan October 13, 2017 at 8:11 am

Will!!! You are killing me this week with all of these amazing rooms!! It looks really homely and cozy! The rug is my favorite but I love it all!! 😉 😉

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 13, 2017 at 10:00 am

@Nathan – Thanks so much for following along with the reveals, it’s been so fun! Isn’t the Ralph Lauren Home rug soooo good?! Love it.

• Reply Marti October 13, 2017 at 8:13 am

don’t tell me I can shop everything it’s too dangerous haha I want it all! haha

• Reply Will Brinson October 13, 2017 at 9:03 am

Really well done, but i didn’t expect anything less. Bravo you two!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 13, 2017 at 10:01 am

@Will – Thank you very much! Can’t wait to have you and Susan over.

• Reply Harry M. Fontenot III October 13, 2017 at 10:36 am

Wow…just wow! I think I’ve used all my complimentary adjectives up on the other two rooms….lol.😁 I may or may not be pea green with envy.🤔 The whole project, from start to finish, the diffucult buying process, renovation, and now decorating has been incredible to follow. Moral of the story…dreams really do come true!❤

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 13, 2017 at 1:58 pm

@Harry – Thanks so much again for following along with the renovation, it means so much to have your readership and support!

• Reply Mary | Hello Peagreen October 13, 2017 at 12:49 pm

What a gorgeous beachy vibe you’ve got going on! Are you taking house guests yet? I want to MOVE in. Plus I’m in LOVE with those French grain sack armchairs.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 13, 2017 at 1:58 pm

@Mary – Thank you! And, I knowwwwwww: the vintage gain sack armchairs are our favorite!!

• Reply Emily October 15, 2017 at 3:55 pm

Love, love, love! It’s been so fun seeing these room reveals this week. You’ve worked so hard and created such gorgeous, homely and stylish spaces. Now I hope you get to enjoy them! xo

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 15, 2017 at 8:48 pm

@Emily – Thanks so much for following along and for your kind words! We can’t wait to spend time there! xo

• Reply Didier October 16, 2017 at 10:00 am

I can’t believe how quickly you got this house together! And it looks absolutely stunning! I want to live there. I’m awaiting an invitation Will. I mean, you already have a bottle of Tito’s so you’re obviously getting ready for my arrival!

-Didier

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 16, 2017 at 10:22 am

@Didier – It was the busiest summer of our lives basically! Lots of hard work and a great support network from our contractors, too! Definitely ready for you to come and visit! 🙂

• Reply Kirsten October 16, 2017 at 10:02 am

ANOTHER win!!!! You particularly had me at ‘Ralph Lauren’ my favorite designer through allll of childhood and girlhood and still one of my go tos now. <3

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 16, 2017 at 10:23 am

@Kirsten – Thank you so much! Aren’t those RL floor lamps just *divine*?! I can’t get enough of them!

• Reply Jennifer October 16, 2017 at 10:57 am

Oh.my.gosh. Those french doors are gorgeous. Are you willing to share a source?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 16, 2017 at 11:38 am

@Jennifer – Thank you so much, I am in LOVE with them! I’d love to share the source but I don’t actually know myself because my contractor had them custom made for us in Brooklyn. I’m so sorry not to be able to be more helpful!

• Reply Suzanne Fortescue October 18, 2017 at 7:37 pm

Just love what you have done -soooo lovely.