My New Tray Table Designed By Mariska Meijers

mariska-meijers-tray-table-1Mariska and I started our respective adventures into new businesses around the same time – her as an artist and me as a freelancer – and have supported one another since day one. I’ve enjoyed writing about her work right here on the blog before; I travelled to Amsterdam to shoot her apartment for the Bright.Bazaar book (worth getting to see her amazing hot pink kitchen alone!); and Mariska travelled to the Balearic Islands last summer as a guest at our wedding. So I’m excited to once again feature Mariska’s bright, bold and original works on Bright.Bazaar today. The spotlight is on her French Blue Cubism table which now sits in my office.mariska-meijers-tray-table-2The tray is the perfect spot to house a vase full of my first bunch of daffodils this year! I love daffodils so much and so I try to have a bunch in the house for the majority of the season that the are in bloom. It turns out that the blue and yellow colours of the tray are a perfect fit to pair them with – hurrah!mariska-meijers-tray-table-3

The graphic cubism pattern of Mariska’s design doesn’t just pair well with the daffodils, but with my striped rug, too. What do you think of this new addition to my home, folks?

// Photography by Will Taylor

• Reply Tara Bradford January 13, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Looks fabulous! Mariska did a custom-made lampshade for me in the same pattern. She is so talented!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 13, 2015 at 1:21 pm

@Tara – Right?! Such a talent. Your custom piece sounds wonderful!

• Reply Emma Jayne January 13, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Love this table. The pattern and colours are fab! Plus what a great idea i.e. tray table!!

I definitely want to check out Mariska’s work πŸ™‚

Emma Jayne x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 13, 2015 at 3:34 pm

@Emma – Mariska is a true talent when it comes to combining colour and pattern. Definitely look at more of her work!

• Reply mariska Meijers January 13, 2015 at 4:00 pm

Thank you Will for featuring my design. Your pictures do so much justice to it!

• Reply Lana January 13, 2015 at 6:59 pm

It looks fabulous and fits in so well with your sofa and lamp! I love Mariska’s sense of colour.

• Reply The Kentucky Gent January 14, 2015 at 2:12 am

That’s the perfect table to brighten up any room, especially this time of year!

• Reply EmmaMT from CakesBakesAndCookies.com January 14, 2015 at 1:36 pm

I love Mariska’s designs. Always so happy looking. I want one of her paintings but I think my budget is more like a tray table!

p.s. Loving the specs.x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 14, 2015 at 5:02 pm

@Mariska – A tray table is equally as fabulous – I say: go for it! πŸ™‚ x

• Reply anchor cottage January 14, 2015 at 3:34 pm

I love Mariska Meijers work! Sold her trays and stationary in my shop. I would love to see her shop in Amsterdam someday.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 14, 2015 at 5:03 pm

@Anchor Cottage – I haven’t seen her new space in person but it looks fantastic! πŸ™‚

• Reply Chichi Furniture January 15, 2015 at 11:26 am

I think its a great addition. Its a genius idea whilst adding a vibrant punch to the space. Every room needs an eye catching feature piece don’t you think? The whole space looks so fresh and spring like, its lovely (especially on this grey wet day)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 15, 2015 at 3:14 pm

@Chichic furniture – Yes, 100% they do! Thanks for the kind words.

• Reply Melissa Blake January 16, 2015 at 8:01 pm

oooh, i love that color pattern!

• Reply Curated Interior January 17, 2015 at 11:19 pm

Beautiful colors! Blue+yellow is such a classic combination πŸ™‚

• Reply Jamie Herzlinger January 20, 2015 at 2:59 pm

Great post! Thanks for sharing!

Love Jamie Herzlinger

• Reply PALOMA PAULA January 24, 2015 at 1:54 pm

One word: good.

• Reply Sara February 1, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Love love the bicycle art! Who is the artist?

• Reply will February 3, 2015 at 12:06 pm

That’s nice:) Simple, with great colours! πŸ™‚

• Reply Edith Brown February 3, 2015 at 1:44 pm

Darling, combination between flowers and table is stunning! Colours are making me feel like the spring is coming! <3