BRIGHT.LIFE

10 Things I Learned & Loved This Weekend

donna-wilson-wooden-dolls1. This trio of wooden dolls add so much cheer to my home office. They were designed by Donna Wilson after she was inspired following her travels to Scandinavia and Japan. Each one reflects a person she has met or known in her life.will-taylor-bright-bazaar2. Saturday was my first full day wearing glasses. I’m slowly getting used to it and enjoying seeing the world crystal clear again!lacoste-sneakers3. On Friday I had fun on an impromptu photo shoot with Vogue magazine for London Collections: Men.beach-hut-print4. I love this print, The Cabana by Amy Stone, that hangs in my home office. I like the art to reflect my love of seasons!sophie-and-lili-gay-wedding-watercolor-illustration5. I finally framed the watercolour of my heartmate and I at our wedding that Sophie and Lili kindly sent us as a surprise wedding gift. I love it so much!lights-of-soho-neon-chris-bracey6. Enjoyed a neon high from the God’s Own Junkyard exhibition at Lights of Soho.prints7. Spent a cosy Sunday afternoon arranging prints at home. I love how the splash of yellow looks against the black theme.mint-mug

8. Thrilled with my new uplifting print. Can you tell I am addicted to art prints?! / 9. Love the colour of this sweater. / 10. I need another mug like a hole in the head, but this cup is just so darn cute!

• Reply Anna January 11, 2015 at 8:00 pm

You look adorable with glasses. πŸ™‚

• Reply SusAn January 11, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Love all your art, especially the one of you and your heartmate!!

• Reply Jules January 11, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Great choice with the frames! x

• Reply Kristine January 11, 2015 at 11:51 pm

Oh my goodness, I love that watercolor print! I’m getting married in March and would love one of my fiance and I! Thanks for sharing her work πŸ™‚

• Reply Samuel thomas January 12, 2015 at 1:44 am

Love this post so much! The glasses really suit you!
    Keep being such an inspiration.
    Samuel xx

• Reply Amy January 12, 2015 at 3:32 am

Honored to see the cabana print in your place! Thank you for your support, Will.

• Reply The kentuCky gent January 12, 2015 at 5:01 am

An impromptu Vogue photo shoot? Just another day in the life of Will πŸ˜‰ congrats! Sounds like a great weekend indeed.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 12, 2015 at 6:17 am

@TKG – Haha! I guess that makes it sound a lot more glam than it was! πŸ˜‰ Have a great week!

• Reply caroline @trend-daily January 12, 2015 at 10:26 am

Glasses look fabulous Will. Just got new oap lenses and reading glasses-sob-suddenly feeling older!!!! πŸ˜‰ see you soon please. Safe travels-exciting πŸ™‚ xx

• Reply Sheetal January 12, 2015 at 4:06 pm

We loved the water colour frame too. I have placed an order too to have it up in my office wall. Thanks Will for sharing these great ideas and some very inspiring blogs in 2014.

• Reply kate January 12, 2015 at 8:17 pm

ha you’re too cute – love all the yellow featured. and I need to pull the trigger and get some Amy stone prints, I’ve been staring for too long!

• Reply Gabrielle January 13, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Such a cheery 10 things post! Love your glasses, with your quiff you could rock the 50s look perfectly! πŸ™‚

• Reply Le Comptoir de Stephanie (funkysteph) January 13, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Glasses suit you! It took me 25 years to find a frame I don’t want to change too fast πŸ™‚
    I love those dolls and this watercolour from your wedding.

• Reply susan // fleurishing January 14, 2015 at 5:08 pm

Love those glasses on you, and they are just what mr. fleurishing has been looking for! Here’s hoping they make a size that will fit his (beautifully large) head. πŸ˜‰

• Reply Alexa~FurnishMyWay January 16, 2015 at 4:57 pm

Oh my word! I just have to say that this post made me so happy because it was filled with joy and cheerfulness! It’s like your adorable attitude latched itself onto this post and then found it’s way to me! I love the bright, fun prints you have. They’re very cute and unique. Thanks for spreading your contagious joy! Much love to ya!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 19, 2015 at 12:34 am

@Alexa – Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave such a lovely comment! Pleased you enjoyed the post as much as I did putting it together! πŸ™‚

• Reply Jill January 18, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Hi Will – I always have so much fun on your blog and your book is heavily earmarked with ideas for the new home I’m building.

I’m just curious why you say heartmate instead of soulmate? I don’t hear that elsewhere. I quite like it.

Thanks for all your hard work and inspiration.

Jill

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 19, 2015 at 12:34 am

@Jill – Thank you for your kind words. Haven’t really thought about why I use that term, it just feels right! πŸ™‚