BRIGHT.LIFE

Mr. B’s Decorating Videos on Oprah’s OWN Show!

will-taylor-oprah-magazine-july-2014-issueIt’s certainly not often you get an email from Oprah Winfrey’s team inviting you to share decorating advice on their her online OWN show. I screamed with delight. For at least five minutes. (Sorry neighbours!) As a follow up to the colour tips I wrote for Oprah magazine’s July issue, the OWN show team asked me to share a range of advice that related to various spaces seen in the Bright.Bazaar book. I’ve embedded the four videos into this post and you can hear my tips on everything from decorating with black and white, to perfecting the introduction of accent colour into a scheme. I won’t lie, I was quite nervous (I mean, hello, OPRAH!) but I definitely relaxed into it and really enjoyed making the videos with their team. I hope you will enjoy them and find the advice useful.

bright-bazaar-book-1

bright-bazaar-book-2

bright-bazaar-book-3

bright-bazaar-book-4

If you would like more colour inspiration and advice, there’s stacks of ideas in the Bright.Bazaar book! Thanks, as always, for all your kind and generous support.

UK: Amazon UK / Waterstones / The Hambledon and many more.
USA: Amazon USA / Barnes & Noble / IndieBound and more.

// Interiors photography by Andrew Boyd from the Bright.Bazaar book

• Reply Sarah @ Mocha October 21, 2014 at 6:12 am

Great videos with some very useful tips. If you were nervous, it didn’t show. You looked quite the consummate professional ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply LIz October 21, 2014 at 7:34 am

Congratulations!!! These are incredible. Great advice!

• Reply Jules October 21, 2014 at 7:37 am

Love your tip for chalkboard paint. Going to so that this wkend! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 21, 2014 at 8:34 am

@Jules – Pleased you found it useful. I’ve used it several times and always had great success. Good luck!

• Reply Rj October 21, 2014 at 7:38 am

Wow…well done Mr.B!

• Reply Hester October 21, 2014 at 7:38 am

That is amazing!!!! Well done Will ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Amy October 21, 2014 at 7:40 am

You are so talented, they should have you as an expert all the time.

• Reply LatteLisa October 21, 2014 at 9:16 am

Will, you’re a Star! ;- ) Love it. I think I have said it before, the camera loves you.

• Reply Amber October 21, 2014 at 12:20 pm

How exciting! Lovely tips on black & white paint and your so sweet on camera!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 21, 2014 at 12:23 pm

@Amber – So pleased you found the tips useful. Thanks also for your kind words! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply the kentucky gent October 21, 2014 at 4:01 pm

First off, congrats! Secondly, that accent makes your posts that much more enticing. Keep on, keeping on. I have a feeling your book will be making it’s way to my desk shortly.

• Reply mary beth October 21, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Hi Will, your advice on paint was terrific! Thanks so much. You looked like you were having fun, Congrats! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Inge @ simply fabulous chic October 22, 2014 at 9:40 am

Wow, you looked so professional and sweet in front of the camera!! ๐Ÿ™‚ And I loved your tips on how to use accent colours in your interior. Still learning from you! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hugs and congrats to you Will!!
    Inge x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 22, 2014 at 11:03 am

@Inge – Oh, that’s so lovely of you to say! Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ™‚ x

• Reply Lizzie Owen (@mim_tweeta) October 22, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Fab – love the percentages (note I didn’t actually write them down , as have already forgotten…maths was never my thing!) – will make sure I use them for my next project, as I think I went a bit overboard with the indigo theme in the bedroom!! Congrats hon, here’s to more ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 22, 2014 at 12:49 pm

@Lizzie – Thanks so much for all your support. And remember: 60/30/10 is the rule! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Reply Le Comptoir de Stephanie (funkysteph) October 22, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Wouhaou!!! Congratulations!!!! I am really, really happy for you Will. You totally rock!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 22, 2014 at 3:18 pm

@Steph – Thank you very much! Always smile when I see you pop by! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Claireabellemakes October 23, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Amazing and so well deserved. You are bloody brilliant.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 23, 2014 at 5:36 pm