BRIGHT.LIFE

Bright.Bites: Autumnal Comfort At Home

tesco-tableware-1As the weather gets cooler and the nights draw in I love to cook up cosy, comforting meals. While I used to make a lot of lasagnes (GAH! so good) and other such rich dishes, this year I’m trying to eat a little healthier. I remembered I had seen a recipe for a vegetable stew in Sweet Paul magazine that looked delicious, so I hunted it down in last year’s Winter issue. Packed full of delicious and colourful veggies, I felt it was the ideal dish to pair with my new Rick Stein cook and tableware pieces from Tesco. I learnt a lot about Rick Stein and his approach to cooking during my trip to Cornwall this summer, so I was excited to try cooking with his pieces in my own kitchen back at home! Here’s how to make this all-in-one Mediterranean Vegetable Stew…tesco-tableware-2tesco-tableware-3tesco-tableware-4tesco-tableware-5tesco-tableware-6tesco-tableware-7tesco-tableware-8tesco-tableware-9tesco-tableware-10

SHOP THE TABLE AND COOKWARE: Dinner Plate | Cereal Bowl | Casserole Bowl | Serving Bowl | Oval Platter | Tapas Dish Set | Beaker Set of 4 | Mezzaluna Board Set | Spoon Rest | Tableware Set

Recipe for four:
1. Scrub and chop all the vegetables, peeling only the potatoes and onions.
2. Saute all the vegetables on a low to medium heat for a few minutes in a frying pan.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock.
4. Stir the stew and then cover and simmer for half an hour or so until the vegetables are tender.
5. Season the stew with the herbs and seasoning to taste.
6. Add the olives, basil and crumbled feta.

// Photography by Will Taylor | Posted in partnership with Tesco; all views my own | Recipe adapted from Sweet Paul

• Reply Jane October 17, 2014 at 6:29 am

This looks D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 17, 2014 at 6:33 am

@Jane – I guess I’m bias but I have to say it really is super tasty! πŸ˜‰

• Reply Susan October 17, 2014 at 6:30 am

You always style so beautifully, Will. Thank you for all the inspiration you share with us.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 17, 2014 at 6:34 am

@Susan – Thank you so much! I really enjoyed shooting this and getting in the autumnal spirit!

• Reply Jules October 17, 2014 at 6:31 am

The serving platter! The serving platter! Love this post.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 17, 2014 at 6:35 am

@Jules – I know! That is one of my favourite pieces from the Rick Stein range, too.

• Reply Bea October 17, 2014 at 6:31 am

Great recipe post! x

• Reply The kentucky gent October 17, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Looks and sounds delicious. I’m a fan of cooking/baking all year round, but especially this time of year.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 17, 2014 at 3:22 pm

@TKG – I agree, there’s something cosy about cooking up a tasty, warming meal at this time of year!

• Reply Inge @ simply fabulous chic October 17, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Mmmmh, yummmmm!! This looks delicious Will! Even in your cooking and serving everything looks stylish. My personal style guru, you. πŸ˜‰ Hugs, Inge x P.S.: this reminds me that I promised to send you my favourite recipe from my favourite Aussie chef Bill Granger… πŸ˜‰ Will do immediately!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm

@Inge – Thank you so much! It was such a great post to pull together. Cheers and big hugs back! x

• Reply Elizabeth @ Awesome Wave October 17, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Agreed! Love the dipped crockery. So pretty.

• Reply mel October 18, 2014 at 7:59 am

That sounds and looks positively scrumptious! I’ve got so many vegetarian friends and I’m always looking for recipes when they come over. I always get a bit stuck because I like to have everything pre-done so I can chat to them so this looks perfect. Happy weekend Will. Mel x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 18, 2014 at 1:42 pm

@Mel – I’m the same; it’s great to have a recipe that means you can spend time with your dinner guests. Thanks for stopping by x

• Reply Define Magnificent October 18, 2014 at 10:26 pm