Home Tour: Design Updates In My Dining Room

bright-bazaar-dining-room-1As we had friends coming over for dinner recently it offered the perfect opportunity to dress the table and shoot the dining room for you all to see. Over the last few months I’ve been slowly adding a few design updates to make the space feel more like home. Join me as I show you around the space and explain why I chose the pieces I did…bright-bazaar-dining-room-2Aren’t these Marimekko dining plates simply gorgeous? I find myself just staring at the watercolour beauty of them. Yes, my husband thinks I have gone insane. And he would be right. Still, they are *so* good, right?! I love how the blues pair with the copper dining chairs – it’s a chic yet unpretentious combination; a gentle air of luxury but not in an OTT way.bright-bazaar-dining-room-3bright-bazaar-dining-room-4The linen table runner was a direct result of the dining plates and a total steal from H&M Home. Regular readers will know how much I love the Danish brand KΓ€hler, so it’s no surprise that I fell for their jubilee vase that celebrates 175 years since the company made their first piece. It looks so striking against the navy backdrop, as well as pairing perfectly with the dining chairs. I’m thrilled with it!bright-bazaar-dining-room-5Another of my favourite elements in this space is the vintage factory pendant light – the turquoise-meets-mint colourway sold it to me from the off. It really helps to anchor the dining table and draw the eye down to the table. A little dash of colourful industrial chic is always a good thing, I think. Plus, it goes so well with my Bright.Bazaar art prints!bright-bazaar-dining-room-6bright-bazaar-dining-room-7Thanks to their chevron detail, the curtains inject a splash of pattern and graphic vibrancy into the space. I pulled out the navy colour when choosing the plates and linens for the tablescape.bright-bazaar-dining-room-8bright-bazaar-dining-room-9I laid Quick Step’s Bleached White Teak flooring as a cooling base to ground all of the other elements of the space. It was very straight forward to lay and really made a difference to the space by maximising the benefits of the natural light in the space – I love it!bright-bazaar-dining-room-10bright-bazaar-dining-room-11bright-bazaar-dining-room-12I’m so pleased with how this space has come together – it feels perfect for sharing cosy autumnal dinners with my heartmate and friends. Which elements of the space do you like? I’d love to hear how you would decorate with these designs in your home?bright-bazaar-dining-room-13

SOURCES: Bleached White Teak Flooring | Dining Table (similar) | Dining Chairs | Table Runner (similar) | Napkins | Dinner Plates | Side Plates | Vase (smaller version) | Curtains | Pendant (similar available) | Art Prints

// Photography by Will Taylor-Willis

• Reply Brooke October 30, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Love the rustic wooden table and copper chair combo. Beautiful.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 30, 2014 at 9:00 pm

@Brooke – Thank you! I am thrilled with how the space came together. πŸ™‚ x

• Reply Jane R October 30, 2014 at 8:51 pm

I love the metallic stripes on the vase, but it all looks fab!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 30, 2014 at 9:00 pm

@Jane R – Isn’t it beautiful? It’s a limited edition piece which makes it all the more special!

• Reply Em Wild October 30, 2014 at 11:21 pm

Has to be the copper chairs…..wow, I could stare at those all day. beautiful photos x x

• Reply Amy - bead bash October 30, 2014 at 11:25 pm

Wow, what a lovely space. I love the light with your prints. We got the keys to our house a year ago and I’m still working on the dining area and on a tight budget so I may have to have a wee look on H&M site at table runners. Great photography as always. x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 31, 2014 at 7:37 am

@Amy – Thank you! I love how they look together as well! H&M is a great place to look for affordable homeware. Good luck!

• Reply mary beth October 31, 2014 at 3:17 am

Love those watercolor plates Will and I never saw those chairs in copper, so refreshing. I’ve been dying to get some ceramic berry crates I see you have on your shelves. Maybe I’ll ask for some at Christmas πŸ™‚ your cottage is coming along great.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 31, 2014 at 7:38 am

@Mary Beth – The plates have been on my list for so long, so it’s a thrill to finally own them! πŸ™‚

• Reply Karolina October 31, 2014 at 7:04 am

Love the industrial turquoise lighting mixed with the copper chairs and the blue chevron curtains. You’ve created a truly bright and eclectic dinning area which reflects your personality and that’s what home should be!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 31, 2014 at 7:39 am

@Karolina – Thank you! I agree, it really does feel super cosy. πŸ™‚

• Reply Geraldine@littlebigbell October 31, 2014 at 7:44 am

Beautiful! I never say no to Marimekko! πŸ˜‰

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 31, 2014 at 8:26 am

@Geraldine – It’s impossible not to say yes to it, isn’t it! πŸ™‚

• Reply Lindsey October 31, 2014 at 8:51 am

One of my fave rooms in your house!

• Reply Rochelle October 31, 2014 at 10:05 am

Will, your home is looking so lovely! I just adore those copper chairs and all your new nooks and crannies for all your gorgeous goodies. Happiness is…

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 31, 2014 at 12:10 pm

@Rochelle – The chairs are really popular, so pleased you like them too. Thanks for the kind words. πŸ™‚

• Reply Jana October 31, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Umm obsessed with the plates!! Loove the Kahler vase too their pieces are art! Such a happy space.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 31, 2014 at 12:11 pm

@Jana – Aren’t they just beautiful? That blue watercolour is divine. Highly recommend!

• Reply Sonia October 31, 2014 at 2:33 pm

I love everything Will….I just miss having the right space where to fit them all!!!!
    But what I like the most from you is the light you give to all your projects. Everything looks amazing, colourful and happy!!!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 31, 2014 at 7:23 pm

@Sonia – That’s so nice of you to say, thank you very much! πŸ™‚

• Reply Gabrielle October 31, 2014 at 3:33 pm

I love it all! The plates, the chairs and the lamp are especially fantastic but yep, pretty much love every part and the sum of them all πŸ™‚

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 31, 2014 at 7:24 pm

@Gabrielle – Good choices! So pleased you like it, thank you! πŸ™‚

• Reply The kentucky gent October 31, 2014 at 4:13 pm

Those plates are killer, but I’ll have to say that my favorites would be the table and chairs. I love rustic elements in the kitchen/dining room.

• Reply mel November 1, 2014 at 8:53 am

Cute chairs Will and I can see why you love the marimekko plates! It’s so much fun decorating a new space and yours has come together beautifully. Mel xx

• Reply mary beth November 3, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Well Will, it must have been some dinner party cuz it’s Monday morning here in the States and I don’t see a new post on the 10 things you love and learned over the weekend πŸ™‚

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 3, 2014 at 3:01 pm

@Mary Beth – Haha! It will be back soon, I have an important different post this week. πŸ™‚

• Reply florencia November 10, 2014 at 12:58 am

The plates are to die 4!! Love the color combination!! bright and cheerful!

• Reply Cian November 13, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Hi, I was just wondering if you could tell us what camera you use? It picks up the light in your pictures beautifully!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 16, 2014 at 6:48 pm