New Bright.Bazaar Book Editions & Photos!

bright-bazaar-book-German-coverI am so excited to reveal the German and Italian covers from the latest international editions of the Bright Bazaar book! It’s so surreal to see my words translated into another languge (the covers probably read ‘Beige Is Best’ – ha! Can you imagine?!) but it’s also interesting to see the cover choices for each market. I was heavily involved in the design process for the UK & American covers, but the dedicated language editions are decided by the publishers in the individual countries. I like the handwritten type on the German cover, and it’s interesting how different the book feels to hold as it doesn’t have a dust jacket like all the other editions to date.Norway1Gosh, I have such happy memories of shooting Fjeldborg’s stunning Norwegian home. It was pooring with rain outside alllllllllll day yet inside was so cosy and welcoming. Ingrid and Vidar’s home made the cover of the American edition of the book, too!Bradford1At first glance, Bradford’s weekend home in upstate New York looks like the polar opposite of Ingrid and Vidar’s Norewegian home, yet the two owners actually took a similar apparoach to decorating with colour. While the Norwegian home sees a series of cheerful brights layered across a crisp white canvas, Bradford’s American home uses black and dark grey as a base for his layered brights.Neth1Ingrid and Henk’s home in the Nertherlands was a stage for Ingrid’s handmade textiles in an array of rainbow brights. I loved how light and bright their master bedroom felt – and don’t get me started on that dipped headboard!bright-bazaar-italian-book-coverThe Italian version of the Bright Bazaar book is the first edition to feature a collage of pictures on the front – and I like it! Choosing a cover for my first book was quite tricky because the book doesn’t focus on one particular style or type of home. Rather it shows you how to decorate with colour no matter what home you live in, so I think this approach helps to show the breadth of homes that can be seen inside the book. Plus, that yellow and blue combination is visually striking!Raina1Raina’s family home in America was just that: a family home. It felt so warm and welcoming; a very happy and creative space. Raina’s two beautiful daughters, their dog and the cat were all milling around throughout the shoot and it just felt so relaxed and easy. Testament to Raina’s excellent taste and ability to use strong colours without overwhelming the rooms.Leif1This kitchen is from an industrial warehouse apartment we shot in Copenhagen, and I love the combination of the wooden blue cabinetry against the green pendant lamps. This place was packed full of charm and character!Spain1See that horse in the background? Well let’s just say that the old saying ‘never work with children or animals on a photo shoot’ was being banded around a lot that morning on location! It was totally worth it though as the handsome chap really lent a cool vibe to the shots we took of this rustic farmhouse in Northern Spain.bright-bazaar-book-covers

After all the hard (but enjoyable) work it really is so exciting to see my collection of Bright.Bazaar books growing. Thank you all so much for your generous support and for joining me in all my #colourhunting and #makeyousmilestyle adventures. Here’s the links to purchase the book for the relevant territories:

America and Canada
UK and Australia
Italy
Germany
South East Asia

// Photography by Will Taylor-Willis | Book photography by Andrew Boyd

• Reply Camille September 29, 2014 at 3:57 am

Congrats on the international translations! I enjoy referencing your book whenever I need color inspiration. It’s on my bedside table!

• Reply SusaN September 29, 2014 at 7:56 am

The German cover is absolutely fantastic. Congratulations!

• Reply Bea September 29, 2014 at 7:59 am

Love the covers and that Spanish home. What an incredible place!!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 29, 2014 at 8:02 am

@Bea – Isn’t it incredible?! It was such an honour to be invited into his home for the day.

• Reply Tina September 29, 2014 at 8:12 am

yeah, you are right 😉 … i’m german (or should i say ‘i was german in my earlier life’ ?) and the german cover says “how to marry whites and off-whites for a boring home”. well you should have asked me for some advice. still, i’m very happy with my UK edition. what will it be in french? can’t wait to find out.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 29, 2014 at 8:48 am

@Tina – Hahaha! That made me laugh out loud. Luckily I know it stands for Living A Happy Home (or similar, if I recall the translate sheet they sent!) 😉

• Reply Lindsey September 29, 2014 at 10:20 am

Soooo exciting! Taking over the world, one interior and color splash at a time 🙂

• Reply Ingrid Jansen September 29, 2014 at 11:41 am

How exiting! Yay Will, Brighten Up the world! xx

• Reply Anya September 29, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Hey William, I also really like the German cover – looks FAB. Still prefer my own BB book though 🙂 Happy Monday ,
    Axx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 29, 2014 at 4:09 pm

@Anya – Well that certainly makes me smile to read that! Thank you, sweet friend! 🙂 x

• Reply Uljana September 29, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Congrats! I’m German and I find it so interesting how different the markets seem to be … along with how the title translates and that there are no dust covers in some countries.
    That German cover is beautiful though! Might have to get myself a German copy as well 😉

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 29, 2014 at 4:34 pm

@Uljana – Me too, it’s so fascinating! Thank you for the kind words. 🙂

• Reply vanessa joie September 30, 2014 at 7:58 am

haha “beige is best”… oh dear. i love all of the different covers. i probably need the uk copy too.

• Reply Jamie Herzlinger September 30, 2014 at 4:19 pm

A great use of color! Amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Love,

Jamie Herzlinger

• Reply mary beth September 30, 2014 at 9:48 pm

You know I think your book is just the best inspiration! I like that German cover, it’s fun like you! I would love to have all copies too but I suppose that would be silly 😉

• Reply Valentina October 1, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Can’t wait to get your book in my hands. It is on the top of my wish list. Cingrat with all the translations, it is huge, to have your book translated in so many diferent languiges.
    Love the German cover!