Holiday party decor: red, white & wreaths

Holiday party decor DIY ideasHow is it December already, you guys?! I feel like this year has flown by and I can’t believe it’s already mine and my heartmate’s second Christmas in New York City. As much as I love the Holiday party season it can feel like a string of to-do lists and last-minute scrambles to get everything sorted in time, don’t you think? One thing that shouldn’t feel like a chore is making Holiday party decor, so I was thrilled to team up with Walmart.com to share my tips and ideas for hosting a Holiday party on a budget! All the tabletop and Holiday party decor DIY projects in the feature I created for their new Tips & Ideas site can be completed in a matter of minutes, and are super fun to make either with little ones or friends as you prep for your party. You can make many of the DIYs with pieces you are likely to already have around the home, too! These Holiday party decor DIYs are the perfect mini projects that will have maximum impact. The best part? You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars to achieve a magical and festive look! So, dive in after the jump to get a sneak peek at the festive table look, before jumping over to see all the DIY how to’s, right here!

walmart-tips-tricks-holiday-party-on-budget-2I spray painted glass bottles with flat white spray paint as a way to quickly make these three centerpiece vases. I love the contrast between the flat white and the pop of red in the festive berries.walmart-tips-tricks-holiday-party-on-budget-3One of my favorite parts of the Holiday party tabletop decor I made and styled for this project was these place setting name wreaths. They are a great way to add an element of surprise the Holiday table – check out the full how to I shared over on Walmart’s Tips & Ideas site!walmart-tips-tricks-holiday-party-on-budget-4Fact: napkins don’t have to be boring! Folding napkins into Holiday trees is a fun way to make something charming out of something otherwise ordinary and unmemorable.walmart-tips-tricks-holiday-party-on-budget-5I never tire of the classic red and white Holiday palette; it’s timeless and atmospheric, especially when paired with organic elements and flicking candlelight.walmart-tips-tricks-holiday-party-on-budget-6If you enjoyed these sneak peeks, head on over to see all my Holiday party DIY projects and inspiration. Are you hosting any Holiday parties this season? Do you have any favorite DIY projects that you love to make for the table?walmart-tips-tricks-holiday-party-on-budget-7// Art direction, styling and photography by Will Taylor | Posted in partnership with Walmart; all views my own.

• Reply Didier December 5, 2016 at 10:27 am

ALL YOUR DIY THINGS ARE AMAZING! You are the best at decors I swear. I wish I had your abilities πŸ™‚

-Didier

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 5, 2016 at 11:30 am

@Didier – Staaaaaph! You are too kind, Mr. Thank you! (And, P.S., you are super talented too!)

• Reply Rene Castillo December 6, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Gorgeous! Such Talent! Love It!

• Reply Lelia December 5, 2016 at 11:27 am

The wreath name idea is adorable Will! Totally doing this for Christmas this year!

• Reply Maxwell Heights December 5, 2016 at 11:29 am

Can’t believe this is Walmart stuff…?!? Impressive styling and set up! Feelin’ festive now! Haha

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 5, 2016 at 11:31 am

@Maxwell – Glad you like it! Thanks for the kind words and Happy Holidays!

• Reply Sara Beth December 5, 2016 at 11:30 am

The tree napkins! The tree napkins! Cute as it gets! xoxo

• Reply Kevin December 5, 2016 at 9:30 pm

Dearest Will,
    This is amaaaaaaaaazing. I want to come over for Christmas Dinner πŸ™‚

Keep up the good work!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 5, 2016 at 10:24 pm

@Kevin – Thank you so much! Come on over! πŸ˜‰ I am feeling so festive this year and ready to celebrate! πŸ™‚

• Reply Kevin December 6, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Can I bring anything other than myself?!?!

My mom makes amazing sugar cookies with sprinkles

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 6, 2016 at 10:41 pm

@Kevin – OK, you sold me with those cookies! Run, don’t walk! πŸ˜‰

• Reply carrie December 5, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Will! This looks so extravagant! On a budget? Well done! I especially love the Christmas tree folded napkins.

Carrie

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 5, 2016 at 10:25 pm

@Carrie – Wow! That’s so lovely of you to say! I love the Christmas tree napkins as well – such an easy way to make a statement without having to buy anything!

• Reply mary beth at MBZ interiors December 6, 2016 at 8:50 am

Stunning Will! If that’s budget decor, who wants high-end. I love how you have the red ribbon ears peeking over the chair and can be seen from across the table. Happy Holidays

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 6, 2016 at 2:20 pm

@Mary Beth – Thank you! Love that you noticed the little details like the red ribbon ears! πŸ™‚ Happy Holidays!

• Reply susan / fleurishing December 6, 2016 at 11:27 am

This looks so amazing + festive Will, bravo!

• Reply Ideas for styling a winter dinner party, interiors inspiration December 9, 2016 at 5:59 pm

[…] particularly liked this lush example from San Francisco based blogger Apartment 34 andΒ  Will from Bright Bazaar‘s Holiday decorating on a budget, plusΒ I can see blogger buddies Patricia from No Glitter, […]

• Reply Brandy December 19, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Hello!

• Reply Jonathan January 9, 2017 at 6:35 pm

Just stumbled across you blog and I’m in lovvvvveeeee. Nice work. πŸ™‚

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 10, 2017 at 9:24 am

@Jonathan – Welcome along, delighted to have you reading! Thanks for the kind words. Just checked out your blog and those powdered cake donuts look amazing!