Announcing: The Bright.Bazaar Print Collection

bright-bazaar-sonic-editions-prints-1Today is such an exciting day for me because I’m launching my debut photographic print collection across Europe and America with Sonic Editions. Anyone who has been on a trip abroad with me, or simply on a walk beside me, knows that I love to hunt for colour (and photograph it) at any given opportunity! In fact, the inspirations I gain for colourful decorating from my travels were central to the Colour Cocktails section of my first book. In this section of the book I shared my personal experiences with colour at various locations across the world, and how those memories fed into my zest to create new colour palettes at home. That’s why I am so excited to be able to share my colour inspirations in the form of 20 limited edition framed photographic prints – they are the ideal way to instantly bring a touch of make-you-smile style into a home. At least that’s what I hope! This duo of Palm Springs Colour Block and Flirty Fiesta certainly pack a punch of personality in my dining room.California-HighI took this photograph while on my book tour stop in Los Angeles. I was exploring Venice and I just felt on such a colour high thanks to all the exotic and bright hues of the area. I named the print California High as a nod to that feeling of euphoria, and because it sounds like something from The O.C. or 90210 – HELLO, nostalgia!bright-bazaar-sonic-editions-prints-2W Stand’s For… was taken on my first visit to Palm Springs in California earlier this year. My pal Jonathan kindly showed me around this amazing desert town and this bright yellow wall embellished with a huge ‘W’ was just crying out to be photographed by a colour addict.Brilliantly-Blue-BuoysSafe to say I LOVE all things nautical. Except actually going on boats. I know, go figure. Anyhow, a pleasant afternoon strolling around a coastal town is much more my thing, so naturally I loved exploring Sag Harbor with my bestie Brooke. It was my first time in the town and I fell for it big time. We happened upon this amazing clapboard house right by the water, and the colourful buoys instantly caught my eye. This was where I dreamt of living in my alternative Hamptons life – ha! True story: it turns out this house belongs to Billy Joel – I had no idea! Billiantly Bright Buoys is one of my favourites and is currently hung in my bedroom.bright-bazaar-sonic-editions-prints-3Show me a painted, weathered wooden shutter and I am a happy chap. This is one of my most recent pictures – I only took it a few months ago on a work trip to Italy – and it was so popular with my Instagram followers that I decided to include it in the collection. I like how it’s full of character; the fact it’s not perfect is what tells the story of the scene – a Turquoise Treat, indeed!Candy-CrushThis photograph was the inspiration behind The Candy Crush colour cocktail in my book, and it was taken several years ago in the Balearic Islands where I recently got married to my heartmate. Everytime I walk past these two buildings I stop and think about how crazy it is that the photograph I took all those years ago is now in a book; I really could never have imagined it would be when I took it. I’m really excited to include Candy Crush in the collection as it’s such a special photography of a place so close to my heart.bright-bazaar-sonic-editions-prints-4I was driving to dinner through the Provence countryside in France one evening when I suddenly saw a lavender field in the corner of my eye. Immediately, I slammed on the brakes and did a three (I mean, five) point turn to take a dirt track that led to the lavender. I jumped out the car and stood surrounded by purple lavender that was gently swaying the breeze. The golden hour light seemed to dance over the pretty purple buds as they moved with the wind – it was an amazing moment with colour. I called this one Lavender Light.Minted-In-ManhattanManhattan’s architecture doesn’t strike one as being a very colourful, does it? Well I was thrilled to discover this mint building on a blue sky day in New York City. Maid In Manhattan is so 90’s – it’s all about Minted Manhattan!bright-bazaar-sonic-editions-prints-5The OCD in me loves the clean lines and graphic simplicity of this photograph, not to mention that brilliant blue hue. This was also taken in the Spanish Balearic Islands.Fishermans-PrideSheer good timing and luck combined were what presented me with the opportunity to take this amazing photograph while I was on the Greek island of Santorini. I had just finished eating lunch at a taverna in a tiny fishing village called Amoudi Bay when a fisherman arrived back from sea and proudly hung out his fresh catch of octopuses to dry. It was easy to name this one Fisherman’s Pride.bright-bazaar-sonic-editions-prints-6Here’s the Billiantly Bright Buoys print hanging in my bedroom. I’ll be blogging a full reveal of this space really soon!Club-TropicanaI took this picture (Club Tropicana) at the Neon Boneyard Museum in Las Vegas – a total heaven of inspiration of colour lovers! Makes you want to break out into a rendition of Wham!, doesn’t it? No. Ok, perhaps it’s just me!bright-bazaar-sonic-editions-prints-7

All 20 of the prints are available to buy now in the UK, Europe and America from Sonic Editions. Each print is available in three different sizes (starting at Β£75, €109, $119) with a choice of a white or black frame. You can check out the full collection here – I’d love to know your thoughts and if you have a favourite!

// Photography by Will Taylor

• Reply vanessa joie October 2, 2014 at 12:20 am

Will this is amazing! I’m so happy for you and can’t wait to order!

• Reply tara October 2, 2014 at 3:35 am

LOVE IT! Congrats!

• Reply Hester October 2, 2014 at 5:05 am

How lovely! Simply adore minted Manhattan, might just have to have a little nose in the web shop πŸ™‚ And did I spot you saying first book? Exciting is there a new book on its way?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 2, 2014 at 7:26 am

@Hester – I love Minted Manhattan as well, it was just such an unexpected moment with colour that made it all the more inspiring!

• Reply Deborah Main October 2, 2014 at 6:24 am

Congratulations Will!! I’m glad I stayed up late enough to catch a first glimpse of your exciting launch of ur prints. We have more in common then I realized. Love for color is one. Buoys is another. And my college roommate lives in Sag Harbor and her hubs runs the ferry. Small world. LOVE LOVE LOVE the prints!! Hard to pick a favorite as each is so different and all have their own unique story. I do love the simplicity of color an angle in Minted Manhattan so that might be my fave. But Fishermans Pride is a real treat. What a fabulous collection…congrats!! s

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 2, 2014 at 7:29 am

@Deborah – Wow. What a small world it is! Thanks for sharing that story with me, great to hear that you love buoys as well. I find Fisherman’s Pride a very evocative picture, too. x

• Reply Emelie @florainspiro October 2, 2014 at 6:52 am

Such great news! I LOVE the prints – the collection is very brigh! =) xx

• Reply Jane October 2, 2014 at 7:22 am

Congratulations! Your talents never cease to amaze me!

• Reply RJ October 2, 2014 at 7:23 am

Amazing….great to see my beloved Manhattan in the edit.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 2, 2014 at 7:32 am

@RJ – Haha! Of course, I had to include a print from my favourite city!

• Reply gudy herder October 2, 2014 at 9:04 am

You turn just anything into gold what you touch, Will! The best of it, everything has your signature style on it and you are creating an amazing brand here! So well done! xo

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 2, 2014 at 9:36 am

@Gudy – Goodness me, that is honestly one of the nicest comments I’ve ever read. Thank you, Gudy. x

• Reply Rochelle October 2, 2014 at 9:09 am

Love your eye Will, I think my favourite is ‘Fisherman’s Pride’. Well done you!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 2, 2014 at 9:38 am

@Rochelle – Thank you very much! I love the evocative nature of Fisherman’s Pride – a great choice! πŸ™‚

• Reply Lindsey October 2, 2014 at 9:10 am

Photographer: check! Congratulations sweetie pie, these photos are fab!

• Reply Becky - Pretty Dandy October 2, 2014 at 9:44 am

Will these are gorgeous and it makes total sense, what a shame for these fabulous pictures to only be seen once, they are lovely enough to look at every day! I have a few faves, Calirfornia High is lush, the Minted Manhattan shot is fab and I love the Santorini starfish pic too. I could go on. Love them!

Becky x

• Reply Marisa October 2, 2014 at 10:03 am

Will, these are fabulously uplifting and beautifully produced by the looks of things. And to produce a range from which to spring board …super. Flirty Fiesta does it for me! xx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 2, 2014 at 10:04 am

@Marisa – That’s one of the most energetic and invigorating ones, a really great choice! Thanks for the kind words. x

• Reply Brooke October 2, 2014 at 10:16 am

Aww Will!!! Thank you for the shout out. I love that a photo from our incredible weekend in the Hamptons is hanging in your bedroom. Such a beautiful picture! And finding out it was Billy Joel’s house, I nearly died! (As a born and raised Long Islander, Billy has been the soundtrack to my life) …Great job my friend, its a gorgeous print collection and I can’t wait to see them all in person when I come to visit! xx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 2, 2014 at 10:40 am

@Brooke – The happiest of memories. Wine from plastic cups by the water at golden hour? Perfect! x

• Reply Paul harrison October 2, 2014 at 10:41 am

Congratulations on this gorgeous palette of colour prints! Love the ‘W’ one, Typography and Colour were meant to be together! It’s a gorgeous post. Thank you Will X

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 2, 2014 at 11:12 am

@Paul – I totally agree, they are such a great duo! Thanks for the support, Mr! x

• Reply Claireabellemakes October 2, 2014 at 11:11 am

Congratulations Will, what a wonderful idea to share your colour hunts with us all. My favourite is the Flirty Fiesta one.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 2, 2014 at 11:13 am

@Claire – That’s one of my favourites as well! Thanks for stopping by! πŸ™‚

• Reply bURCU October 2, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Congratulations, they are all great but Flirty Fiesta is my favorite too!

• Reply Emma October 2, 2014 at 9:25 pm

They look amazing, you must be so proud. My favourite is Fishermans Pride, a brilliant capture!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 3, 2014 at 9:04 am

@Emma – Thank you so much, I am thrilled! That’s one of my faves too! πŸ™‚

• Reply Chichi Furniture October 3, 2014 at 11:16 am

Congratulations, they’re fab :O)

• Reply mary beth October 5, 2014 at 7:48 pm

You are a great photographer Will, Congrats! So very pretty and colourful (as they spell in London) πŸ™‚

• Reply Inge @ simply fabulous chic October 6, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Truly a gorgeous collection Will! I cannot pick one favourite… I’m seriously considering to buy the minted in Manhattan (I love that city and I just love that colour combo) but all your prints are simply fab! Although this one would make me smile all day long and remind me of Manhattan. πŸ˜‰ And the lavender is so pretty… Oh, just every single picture is pure eye candy. Congrats on picking out and taking such wonderful pictures (you’ll have to start teaching us lessons in how to take such beautiful pictures…). Love it! Hugs, Inge x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 6, 2014 at 8:19 pm

@Inge – Thank you for such a lovely comment. Minted Manhattan has proven to be a really popular choice – so pleased you like it as well! πŸ™‚ x

• Reply Alexis October 8, 2014 at 10:19 pm

I really love your blog! All the bright colors are so cheery and are bringing some much-needed sunshine into a rather gray afternoon.

• Reply valentina October 15, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Minted in Manhattan, love at first sight!
    Congrats Will, very fab pictures!

• Reply Sarah@handmadegb October 17, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Wonderful! That are fantastic!
    Love them!