BRIGHT.LIFE

Sticky9: Turn Your Instagrams Into Magnets

sticky9-instagram-magnets-offersticky9-jigsaw-instagram-magnetssticky9-mini-fridge-magnetsinstagram-magnets-sticky9sticky9-magnets-from-instagram-picturesprinting-instagrams-as-fridge-magnetsinstagram-picture-magnets-by-sticky9

In recent months my Instagram account has become one of my favourite social networks. The community are really lovely (just last night I met with some Instagram friends from several corners of the world for the first time and it was a brilliant evening of laughter and conversation), plus there’s there instancy and ease to the process that feels so welcome in today’s busy online world. Not to mention a seemingly endless abundance of visual inspiration – hands up if you fall into the Instagram black hole of visual abyss at least three times a day, please! But how often do you scroll back through your own Instagram feed? If you’re like me, then you don’t find yourself doing this all that often, which is a shame because in many ways it’s a visual diary of our lives.

When I discovered Sticky9 (formerly Stickygram), I started exploring my own Instagram feed on a more regular basis. Why? I discovered that Sticky9 give Instagrammers the opportunity to print their Instagram pictures as magnets and jigsaw puzzles and I was hooked from the off – it helps that they currently have a 3 for 2 offer on all their Instagram magnets through March 31st. I’ve created Instagram magnet sheets in a variety of themes, from a stripe story to sneak peeks of my apartment (seen in full in my new book!) and photographic highlights from a recent trip to NYC. I also ordered a large sized jigsaw magnet of my Flatiron building Instagram to have in my office because the building now hold’s special significance as my US publishing company are based in the building! Where would you display your Instagram magnets and which Instagram pictures would you like to get printed?

* // Photography by Will Taylor | Posted in partnership with Sticky9; all opinions my own.

• Reply Nicole March 19, 2014 at 7:13 am

I love Instagram and hadn’t come across Sticky9.. What a wonderful and fun idea! Thank you for telling us about it. I’ll definitely give them a go! :)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 19, 2014 at 7:58 am

@Nicole – I think you will love it. I’m totally addicted and keep thinking of new magnet themes I can create. Going to do spring blooms next, I think!

• Reply Hollie@MiaFleur March 19, 2014 at 7:48 am

Fantastic idea! I’d been thinking recently we could do with some new magnets for our fridge at home and I might try to incorporate them into the office as well to brighten up my working day!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 19, 2014 at 7:59 am

@Hollie – I love those ideas! When I see mine dotted around the house they are like little memory reminders! :) x

• Reply jillian March 19, 2014 at 12:55 pm

so cute! i need to do this!! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

• Reply un23 ilaria March 19, 2014 at 2:12 pm

I’m not a big fan of magnets but I truly love the collage you did with them, as the perfect mood board with your own picture :-) I agree about Instagram. It’s a true addiction but what I love the most is the difference from the blog content. Different media, different content. Let’s say it is more about “life”. And yes, how many inspiring feeds out there. I could spend my whole day on it ;-) xx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 19, 2014 at 2:17 pm

@Ilaria – Thank you! Totally agree that Instagram almost gives a more personal look at someone’s life vs. their blog content. xx

• Reply Michelle March 19, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Thanks for sharing! I hadn’t heard about Stickygram but it’s awesome – as an Instagram fanatic I’m going to definitely give Stickygram a try. I think the magnet will make wonderful little stocking fillers for friends for Xmas or small token birthday gifts! x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 19, 2014 at 3:50 pm

@Michelle – I agree, they make adorable gifts; perfect for Mother’s Day!

• Reply Tim@DesignMaze March 19, 2014 at 4:05 pm

oh i love this!! totally crazy about your NYC jigsaw and maybe you need to do one for your colorful home as a #giveaway! I would love one and have it framed up!!

always lovely to follow you along on instagram and here of course for the latest items and inspirations!

xoxo

• Reply Grace March 19, 2014 at 5:51 pm

What a fantastic idea! We are Instagram obsessed at Future and Found we will have to get some magnets made…

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 19, 2014 at 5:51 pm

@Grace – Once you start you won’t be able to stop, they are so fun!

• Reply Elodie (madame love) March 19, 2014 at 9:14 pm

This is a very cool Idea Will! I love it.
    xoxo
    Elodie

• Reply caroline March 19, 2014 at 10:38 pm

I already have a bunch of sticky9s on my fridge and my office cabinet but I’m planning a trip to Japan in June and although most of my pics will be taken with my DSLR camera, I certainly plan a little Iphone action and instagraming to add to my collection of sticky9s

• Reply Susanne Kings March 20, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Hello Wll!!!
    What a fab idea!!!
    Thnk I wll try this too.

All my love/ Susanne

• Reply JO March 21, 2014 at 5:34 pm

I’m still an Instagram newbie but I love the pictures I take. As a scrapbooker I’d probably use my pictures in layouts but if I did get some magnets made I’d have them in my craft room to inspire me while I scrapbook
    Jo x

• Reply Sophie March 23, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Thanks for the tip Will. I’ve tweeted about it to my meagre but wonderful group of followers. Now which ones do I turn into magnets?

• Reply Becky March 28, 2014 at 10:15 pm

My all time fav social network. Love this magnet idea
    ( @sketchinc )