IKEA Infographic: 25 Amazing Facts & Figures

Bright Bazaar Goes to Ikea 520px 02-01

To regular Bright.Bazaar readers it’s common knowledge that Mr. Bazaar is a total IKEA fan boy, so when I visited their headquarters last year I sought out as many geeky facts about the company that I could find. The result? An IKEA infographic packed full of 25 fun facts and figures about the brand. From the making of the catalogue (did you see my behind the scenes of the IKEA catalogue post?) to sales, clicks, store numbers and history there’s bound to be a fact that will surprise you. And, hey, you never know how useful this could be – it might lead to winning the pub trivia quiz or allow you to impress at a dinner party with your random IKEA fact! Either way, I hope you enjoy discovering more behind the famous yellow and blue walls of IKEA.

// Infographic complied by Will Taylor and designed by Amanda Jane Jones (Please note this is not a sponsored post, Mr. Bazaar is just a total IKEA geek!)

• Reply Catherine - farmhouse home May 2, 2013 at 4:54 am

Hi Will, I read your blog but have never left a comment before! I love Ikea as well..it’s changed lives and challenged minds with their flatpacks and allen keys! They’ve just built a new superstore near me in Melbourne Australia and I love it especially the reasonably priced eats at the cafe. Love these facts. It must have been a fab experience visiting Head Office. πŸ™‚

• Reply Lizzie Owen (@mim_tweeta) May 2, 2013 at 7:13 am

I love infographics – I rarely look at the actual info though…just the graphics. I also have a weakness for Ikea – their picture shelf is perfect for lining up colourful childrens books.

Did you design this infographic by the way? If so, did you use some sort of programme or did you manually do it? πŸ™‚

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 2, 2013 at 7:37 am

@Lizzie – The graphic designer who designed my site made it in Illustrator, I think!

• Reply Rincy May 2, 2013 at 7:59 am

Will, I adore you even more for this post. I live in a teeny apt so love how they are able to create space and function with little to nothing. And seriously offering a space to dine and then an ice cream on the way out? Um yes on all accounts.

Hope you’ve been well! x

• Reply Jenny Hastie @FINDTHEDETAILS May 2, 2013 at 8:57 am

Hi Will, love it! I love the self-confessed (don’t put yourself down!) geeky stats; and also that it’s not a sponsored posting. Hooray for Ikea. Does anyone ever leave without spending at least double what they’d meant to?!

• Reply Serena May 2, 2013 at 10:14 am

Amazing πŸ™‚ I loooove Ikea

• Reply gudy herder May 2, 2013 at 12:03 pm

And they do serve a 150 mill of meat balls every year! I am probably the only client who has not tried them πŸ™‚

• Reply Ice Beautiful May 2, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I love working with products from IKEA, love their business idea. Great infographic! The only thing is the flag that look rather Icelandic than Swedish . . .

• Reply Eloise @ Rustic White May 2, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Some interesting facts and figures (geeky stats ;-)) Wow! 34 interior designers per catalogue shoot…I really do take their catalogue for granted. Will definitely look at it in a new found light.

• Reply Una May 2, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Great infographic! I am IKEA geek too! πŸ™‚

• Reply Una May 2, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Can I quote it on my blog?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 2, 2013 at 1:20 pm

@Una – Please feel free to share and link back to Bright.Bazaar! Thank you!

• Reply Michael, Community Manager at Dulux May 2, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Hey Will,

Love your Ikea infographic. It’s amazing just how big it is. I never knew for example just how many interior designers work on each photo shoot! Some great nuggets here.

Thanks for sharing!

Mike, Community Manager, Dulux.

• Reply Preciously Me May 2, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Great infographic Will!
    I’m an Ikea addict so every post about Ikea brighten my day πŸ™‚

• Reply Rigel @ Peach Macarons May 3, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Wow! that’s mind blowing. love it!
    Rigel

• Reply DELEITE DESIGN May 4, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Is amazing to see a brand like Ikea represented like that, you can see how really big ir is.
    47 millon Billy bookcases !!

• Reply eve May 10, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Although those facts might look fun and nice, the company is full of hypocrisy with it’s Nazi connections of Kamprad and with the use of child labour. As a blogger, you should not forget the impression you’re giving to your readers but to remember also to enlighten them about more green and humane options. Not trying to troll you or anything. Just saying.

• Reply Una May 23, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Many thanks, Will! πŸ™‚

I’ve just shared it. If you would like to read the Polish translation – it’s on my blog. πŸ˜‰

(But unfortunately Google Translator in fact doesn’t speak Polish – its (their?) transltion of my text is… crazy ;-P)