Happy Sunday, friends! I woke up super early today feeling all proud of myself for waking up earlier than usual while still feeling really fresh. Of course, two hours later I realized the clocks went back overnight hence waking early all refreshed! Every.Single.Year I forget – anyone else?! Haha. Still, it’s been great as three hours into the day and I’ve already ticked off a bunch of errands and it’s not even 10am – the best feeling!
It’s the NYC Marathon here in New York, today. The day is always full of excitement and festivity! I love heading down to cheer on the runners, so I think my heart mate and I will do that later this morning. To everyone running: break a leg! Yesterday was such a busy day, I was out of the apartment for twelve hours charging to what felt like all corners of the city prop-hunting and outfit sourcing for upcoming photo shoots I’m working on. Lots of exciting things in the works that I’m pumped to share with you guys real soon. It was a really productive day (especially for a Saturday!) so my heart mate and I treated ourselves to a late dinner at our favorite pizza restaurant in the ‘hood. Seriously, I would eat pizza everyday if I could – it just never gets old!
Thanks again to everyone for your warm and kind words of support in response to the two personal posts I shared this week about the real reason I learned to appreciate home, and how I overcame internal and external bias based off my sexuality so I could move from the U.K. to the U.S.A. You guys are the best! OK, I’m going to dive into the things that caught my eye around the web this week:
Sunday’s Bright Reads
– The new Hearth & Hand home decor and dining collection went on sale at Target today! I’ve been looking forward to this line by Chip & Joanna Gaines since it was announced a month or so ago, so it was exciting to finally be able to purchase some pieces this morning! True story: I was in Target yesterday and they had a whole dedicated section for the collection but it was sealed off with floor-to-ceiling black curtains. When no-one was looking (shhh!) I suck my nose in between the drapes for a quick peek, and from what I could tell everything looked beautiful in person. So, while I was frustrated I couldn’t buy there and then last night I made up for it in my online cart this morning…! Haha!
– As a green card holder here in America, I could relate to Didier’s experiences with the stress of loosing his PR card in Canada. So glad it worked out!
– Reading Jess’ post about her beautiful new bathroom renovation has me excited for the progress being made in our bathroom remodels out at the beach house. Updates comin’ to the blog this week!
– Brother’s can be so hard to buy gifts for, right?! This post – The Best 24 Gifts for Every Kind of Brother – proved to be super helpful as I kicked off my holiday shopping.
– Speaking of gifts, Jenn published a 30 (yes, 30!) page holiday gift guide this week. Bookmark it now for great gift ideas!
– I’m always on the lookout for great skincare products and James’ post on Perricone MD has me intrigued to try it.
– Adding West Sweden and Gothenburg to my must-visit list after reading Carole’s travel blog on the region.
– Susan’s Hudson Valley getaway looked so dreamy!
– A fantastic guide to shopping in Stockholm.
– Mackenzie’s Nantucket-inspired wedding invitations were SO cute!
// Photograph by H&M Home.