BRIGHT.TRAVEL

Christmas In New York City

christmas in New York CityDo you find that some years you feel so much more festive than others? Last year was our first holiday season living in New York City, and while it was lovely, the build up to and actual Christmas in New York City were oddly, well, un-festive. I think it’s because we had not long moved into our first apartment (with all of our belongings still on a ship coming across the Atlantic!), so things were kinda off kilter. Then, there was the weather. I might have recently gained my green card (wahooo!) but you can’t take the Britishness out of this Brit – I still love to talk about the weather! You see, I actually love it when it’s cold in December. After all, if there’s one month in the year when it feels nice to get all wrapped up and be cozy, it’s December – right?! Last year, it was so mild during Christmas in New York City that I was literally doing last-minute Christmas shopping in shorts and a t-shirt. If I wanted that kinda craziness I would have flown to Sydney for the holidays. Ummm, no thanks! This year, however, it’s allll different. We are feeling so settled and happy in our new apartment and the weather couldn’t be more festive or seasonally apt if it tried: cold, crisp and, as of yesterday, snowy! I’ve been snapping some on-the-go iPhone pictures of festive Christmas in New York City scenes that made me smile recently and rounded them up into a fun photo diary after the jump. Happy Holidays, friends!

christmas in New York CityThe Union Square Christmas market looks super adorable and classically festive (if you dodge the crowds!).christmas in New York CityYou can’t beat a living wreath for the quintessential sight and scent of Christmas decor. Love!christmas in New York CityThe Rockefeller Christmas Tree never fails to delight. I normally avoid midtown at all costs but this month I’ve been walking by for a quick glimpse of the Tree at any given chance!christmas in New York CityRed ribbons and twinkling fairy lights adorn many a lamppost and tree during Christmas in New York City. Add in freshly fallen snow and it couldn’t be more festive if it tried!christmas in New York CityDid I mention how charmed I am by the Christmas Tree stands that line the sidewalks every few blocks? Carrying your tree back to your apartment feels like a Christmas fairytale TBH!christmas in New York CityDrinking mulled wine at the Smorgasburg in Brooklyn is a sure fire way to enjoy Christmas shopping! Brunch at Cafe Clover with their delicious menu and festive decor had me feeling all Christmasy, too. Have you ever visited or lived in NYC during the holidays? What do you like about the city at this time of year? Perhaps there’s something in your city that you love during Christmas, too? Happy Holidays, friends!christmas in New York City// Photography by Will Taylor

• Reply Jessica Chain December 18, 2016 at 9:20 am

Always wanted to live in NY! Looks like a dream in these pictures! xo

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 18, 2016 at 9:24 am

@Jessica – In the snow, it feels like it too! You should also check out my post from earlier in the year with 34 photographs of the historical snowstorm we had! πŸ™‚

• Reply Rene Castillo December 18, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Gorgeous Shots Will! New York is Beautiful @ Christmas! Happy Holidays!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 18, 2016 at 4:09 pm

@Rene – Thank you! I totally agree, it’s pure magaic! Happy Holidays! πŸ™‚

• Reply Faryn December 18, 2016 at 9:21 am

Beautiful pics Will!!

• Reply Gene December 18, 2016 at 9:23 am

Thanks for sharing these. I never get tired of the city dressed up for the holidays either. Have you been to the winter village at Bryant Park yet?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 18, 2016 at 12:37 pm

@Gene – My pleasure, thanks for stopping by! Yes, I love BP at this time of year as well – soooo festive!

• Reply Tuan December 18, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Love all the pictures Will, they are so cute, and they really shows the personality of the photographer ! ?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 18, 2016 at 12:52 pm

@Tuan – Kind of you to say, thank you! I love capturing the magic of the Holidays in the city!

• Reply Mikey December 18, 2016 at 1:32 pm

With all your gorgeous design work, I sometimes forget what an amazingly talented photographer you are. Always an inspiration.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 18, 2016 at 4:09 pm

@Mikey – Wow! So kind of you to say, thanks for making me smile this afternoon. Happy Holidays!

• Reply Didier December 18, 2016 at 4:30 pm

ugh your photos are gorgeous as always ! The one with the wreath killed me with its beauty! And I agree. Some years are more magical than others depending on where you are spending the holidays!

-Didier

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 18, 2016 at 4:32 pm

@Dider – Awwww, thank you! I loved that wreath as well. In fact, I literally ran across the road mid-conversation to take a picture of it! Haha, yes, I’m *that* crazy photo taking person! πŸ˜‰

• Reply Didier January 6, 2017 at 12:46 am

You’re talking to the person who stands on chairs to take food photos. No judgement here.

-Didier

• Reply carrie December 18, 2016 at 8:35 pm

Beautiful, Will! There truly is nothing like NYC at Christmastime!

Carrie

• Reply Jane December 19, 2016 at 4:12 am

Love New York in the snow – the city takes on an air of calmness – would love to be there one Christmas. It’s foggy back here on the coast in south east England

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 19, 2016 at 11:05 am

@Jane – I agree, it’s so lovely. The fog sounds beautiful in England, too!

• Reply Josh @ THe Kentucky Gent December 19, 2016 at 11:25 am

NYC is gorgeous this time of year! And I’m hoping there will be some snow when I’m in town next month. Enjoy Christmas fellas!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 19, 2016 at 11:49 am

@Josh – If it’s anything like last year then you’re likely to have some snow! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. Merry Christmas, J!

• Reply Weekend (Christmas Eve!) Reading. - The Stripe December 24, 2016 at 6:01 am

[…] in New York is just the best. Will’s photos are […]