IKEA Sommar Collection: Blue & White Home Accessories

IKEA-Sommar-Collection-blue-white-tabletop-home-accessories-1As an advocate for blues all year round, I love how they really come to the fore throughout summer because almost every store stocks a blue and white home line for the season! Today I’m shining the Bright.Bazaar spotlight on this gorgeous collection called SOMMAR by Ikea. It’s a delightful feast of watercolor blue details across tabletop, home accessories, bedding and more. The range was designed by pattern designer Jennifer Idrizi and she 100% knocked it outta the park! You have to check out the full collection after the jump – it’s not to be missed!

IKEA-Sommar-Collection-blue-white-tabletop-home-accessories-2Watercolor blocks. Thin stripes. Thick stripes. You name it, this collection has a blue and white cushion to match your summer space. I like how this trio group together – a lovely synergy. Pair your blues with a light grey or sandy hue for added style points.IKEA-Sommar-Collection-blue-white-tabletop-home-accessories-3Didn’t they style the collection beautifully? This shot took my right back to Europe with it’s narrow, cobbled alleyways with small balconies above adorned with washing. When I visited Italy for the first time, I remember seeing families eating with their neighbors on long tables in the middle of quiet back streets. SO charming!IKEA-Sommar-Collection-blue-white-tabletop-home-accessories-5We have a deck here at #BBbrownstone and let it be known that the LED pendant and blue and white lighting chain (seen above) have 100% gone onto my must-have list. LOVE.IKEA-Sommar-Collection-blue-white-tabletop-home-accessories-6These paper tableware designs would elevate a picnic in the park or a summer BBQ to stylish heights, don’t you think? Cheers to that!IKEA-Sommar-Collection-blue-white-tabletop-home-accessories-7The wooden deck on our outdoor space is very worn and tired, so as it’s a rental and we can’t re-do it I’m thinking a series of overlaid outdoor rugs will smarten it up! Which designs from IKEA’S SOMMAR blue and white home decor collection do you like best?IKEA-Sommar-Collection-blue-white-tabletop-home-accessories-8

• Reply Sarah May 31, 2016 at 9:18 am

This is all beautiful. Thanks for sharing Will.

• Reply Jenna May 31, 2016 at 9:20 am

The tray and the outdoor lights..I need an Ikea trip soon!!

• Reply Josh @ The Kentucky Gent May 31, 2016 at 11:05 am

Right there with you! There’s definitely something about blue and white that make for the perfect color combo for those warm summer nights.

• Reply Grace June 1, 2016 at 2:15 am

I am in love with blue and white since my last trip to Greece. Thank you for inspiration!

• Reply Maria June 1, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Hi! Lovely deco! Where do they sell the lanterns? Thank you

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 1, 2016 at 3:27 pm

@Maria – Yes, I linked to them in the post above. I love them too! πŸ™‚

• Reply Alexandra June 1, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Ah I love it, I love everything in blue and white and I love Ikea so all of this is a dream for me! πŸ™‚ I’ve got the paper napkins from this collection already but I think I’ll need another Ikea trip soon! Great post!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 2, 2016 at 12:37 am

@Alexandra – Great choice on the napkins! I don’t blame you that you are going back for more, either. I think I’ll join you! πŸ™‚

• Reply Praveen Kumar June 5, 2016 at 10:59 am

Nice article !!! Thanks for sharing this post.

• Reply Victoria Jackson June 5, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Ah I have these cushions in my spare room and they look fab against the blue and white floral bedding I have – I’m a huge fan of clashing patterns and these look great.

Victoria x

• Reply Buy of the Week: Baklava | Swiss Family Gallagher April 18, 2017 at 4:01 am

[…] since IKEA had a stunning royal blue and white Summer range last year, I have wanted to have a Greek themed lunch or dinner party. Fortunately, it looks like I will be […]