BRIGHT.STYLE

Bright Style: Venetian Stripes In, Um, Venice!

Menswear-Fashion-Blogger-Stripes-1I know, I know. Stripes in Venice? Groundbreaking. You can just imagine Miranda Priestly’s tone as she delivers her damning view of such a suggestion. Well, the good news is that my Bright.Style posts aren’t about changing the wheel of menswear, but rather celebrating everyday style and fashion that is accessible and achievable. For me, wearing black and white stripes with one of my favourite coats felt like just the outfit I wanted to wear while in beautiful Venice – so I did!Menswear-Fashion-Blogger-Stripes-2I bought the striped top from Joe Fresh while I was in NYC a month or so ago. It’s perfect for early spring weather has it’s warm enough to wear over a basic tee, but not so warm that you can’t layer up with a coat on those chiller spring days.Menswear-Fashion-Blogger-Stripes-3The stripes work well when teamed with my favourite wool coat that I bought over New Year in Paris. The chic French simplicity of the coat’s cut pairs effortlessly with the classic look of the stripes.Menswear-Fashion-Blogger-Stripes-4For the bottom half of the outfit I went for a sophisticated yet comfortable pair of sand coloured jeans with simple brown desert boots. The muted hues work well to let the stripes shine and fit well against the classical surroundings of Venice. If I were at the beach then I’d swap the jeans for a preppier pair of yellow pants. Now there’s an idea for another post…! How and where do you like to wear stripes, folks?Menswear-Fashion-Blogger-Stripes-5

SHOP THE OUTFIT: COAT, LA PANOPLIE | TOP, JOE FRESH | JEANS, GAP | SHOES (similar), TOPMAN

• Reply Vicki April 10, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Looking seriously swish! Venice is one of my favourite places in the world, tell me you took a gondola ride?! Also, kudos to the photographer for the awesome shots 🙂

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 10, 2015 at 12:06 pm

@Vicki – It was my first visit and I loved it – such a charming place. Sadly no time for a gondola ride but I did go out on a boat to some of the surrounding islands, so stay tuned for my travel round ups! 🙂

• Reply sERENA April 10, 2015 at 1:04 pm

You & Venice is a perfect mix 😉

• Reply Stacey Warburton April 10, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Wow, great photos! Wish I could go to Venice this year, It would definitely put even more smile on my face.

• Reply The Kentucky gent April 10, 2015 at 6:33 pm

I love how you put that you’re not out to change the menswear game, and I couldn’t agree more – I’m not either. So while I may not wear things that everyone enjoys, it’s my personal stye. And when it comes to reading blogs I’d much rather come across and outfit post where someone is telling me what they were doing when they wore the outfit than telling me to wear this with that, and to buy this shirt here. In other words – keep on doing what you’re doing.

Josh – The Kentucky Gent

• Reply design fluff April 10, 2015 at 11:58 pm

I love it personally. Love the new hair, too. I’m pinning the hair style to my group board.

• Reply Suze The Luxury Columnist April 12, 2015 at 12:02 pm

I love the contrast of your striped top with the ochre backdrops of Venice – definitely a place that I need to visit soon!

Suze | LuxuryColumnist

• Reply melissa Blake April 13, 2015 at 5:33 pm

ooooh, i looooove those pillows from West Elm!!!