BRIGHT.STYLE

Bright.Style No.6: How To Wear Primary Brights

Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-Mens-Fashion-Blogger-0When it comes to spring style I like to have a series of bright coats (just like this red one) at my disposal to cheer up dull and damp days. Given my love of hue I often like to pair a statement coat with another colour – you know, just for that added dash of colour! Although it might been difficult to pair primary clothes together in one outfit, it’s actually super simple.Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-Mens-Fashion-Blogger-1Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-Mens-Fashion-Blogger-2The best way to pair primary brights in one outfit and avoid looking like a prep school kid or kid’s TV presenter is to lean on classic style details to add sophistication. I called on my best bud – the classic striped top – in a hero red colour from Joe Fresh, and a yellow Penfield x J.Crew jacket.Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-Mens-Fashion-Blogger-3Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-Mens-Fashion-Blogger-4The solid yellow of the jacket breaks up the graphic stripe detail of the top. I completed the look with dark denim, my favourite Daniel Wellington watch and a simple, clear pair of Warby Parker frames. What details do you like from this outfit? How do you like to wear primary colours?Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-Mens-Fashion-Blogger-5Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-Mens-Fashion-Blogger-6

SHOP THE OUTFIT: JACKET, PENFIELD x J.CREW / TOP (SIMILAR), JOE FRESH / JEANS, COS / WATCH, DANIEL WELLINGTON / GLASSES, WARBY PARKER

• Reply Rasmus April 3, 2015 at 10:09 pm

I’ll get a pair of those frames. Hope you’re rewarded for the plug.

• Reply Amy - Bead Bash April 3, 2015 at 10:09 pm

As a fan of brights too – I love this. In particular I love the yellow raincoat. There is nothing better than a traditional yellow raincoat!

• Reply Rasmus April 3, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Scratch that. They won’t sell to non-americans :-/

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 3, 2015 at 10:27 pm

@Rasmus – I bought mine while I was in America, but hopefully international shipping will come soon. πŸ™‚

• Reply Brooke April 3, 2015 at 10:42 pm

Perfectly on point once again! Clearly my favorite detail of the look is the frames since I assisted in the purchase and have fond memories of hunting for them around Manhattan. πŸ˜‰

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 3, 2015 at 10:43 pm

@Brooke – YEAH! Thanks for your help in choosing them, I am so pleased I went for this pair!

• Reply Rasmus April 3, 2015 at 10:43 pm

I’ll cross my fingers. Just chatted to them, and they have no ETA.

• Reply Jo April 4, 2015 at 1:48 pm

You always look great in whatever you wear Will. This reminds me though of being a chilc in my bright yellow sowester and wellies. Yes I am that old!!!! I do love that yellow parka and I can see how your outfit fits together pefectly as colours.
    I do also love your glasses, tres chic. Having recently had to get two new pairs as I now need reading ones as well as for distance, I chose one in red as it matches my hair colour when I dye it and one pair in burple so I can distinquish which pair is for which job.

• Reply The Kentucky gent April 4, 2015 at 5:03 pm

You definitely know how to pull of the primary colors without looking like a prep school kiddo – kudos to you for that πŸ˜‰

Josh – The Kentucky Gent

• Reply Matthew Pike April 5, 2015 at 8:36 am

What about the trainers?

• Reply natalia April 9, 2015 at 9:29 pm

Great combination of colours. Not easy to pull of this look. You do it great Will – as always:)