BRIGHT.TRAVEL

12 Things I Learned & Loved In Paris, France

Paris-bokeh-blurred-lights-photopgraph1. Walking the Seine with your heart mate on New Year’s Eve is, quite simply, perfect.parisian-rooftops2. The view from our Air BnB apartment was the visual definition of charming.colorful-street-rue-cremieux-paris3. After countless Parisian Instagram pals tagged me whenever they walked Rue Cremieux, I was able to see the Notting-Hill-in-Paris(!) street for the first time in real life. Naturally, I LOVED it!rue-cremieux-paris4. Yellow and blue *can* look festive.colorful-tiled-floor-paris5. This is one of the most beautiful tiled floors I’ve ever seen – and it matches my blog colours!rue-cremieux-paris-colorful-street6. Yellow and blue remains my favourite colour combination as we head into 2015. SO good, right?yellow-building-paris7. This antiques shop in Montmartre is quintessential #makeyousmilestyle.mint-shutters-paris8. I loved the splash of mint in the shutters on this street. I mean, rue.will-taylor-bright-bazaar9. Discovered LA Panoplie while shopping in the Marais and fell for the brand big time. Expect Bright.Style posts right here soon, folks! colorful-confetti-on-paris-streets10. Colourful confetti party clues scattered the streets of Paris on New Year’s Day.clarins-spa-paris11. The Clarins Spa in Le Royal Monceau hotel in Paris was designed by Phillipe Starck and is so darn stylish.eiffel-tower-at-night-bokeh-blurred-lights

11. No matter how many times I visit Paris, seeing the Eiffel Tower at night never gets old.

• Reply Lindsey January 4, 2015 at 5:47 pm

A crime to be in Paris when we’re not! Come back ASAP! xx

• Reply Gabrielle January 4, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Looks like you had a super lovely time, and why wouldn’t you?! The multi-coloured street is gorgeous and I do love a blurry lights photo. Very romantic way to start the new year, I’m sure it’ll be a good omen ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 4, 2015 at 6:40 pm

@Gabrielle – Definitely the most romantic city I have ever been to! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Philip January 4, 2015 at 10:24 pm

What a great post and blog! I just discovered the site a couple of days ago and am loving it. The blue and yellow is a fab combination and you have inspired me to be braver as I move to a new home and update my wardrobe. Thanks and keep up the great work!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 5, 2015 at 8:57 am

@Philip – Thank you so much! Glad you are finding the site inspiring, and good luck with decorating your new home!

• Reply Caroline January 4, 2015 at 11:31 pm

Headed to Paris in the next month! Would you mind sharing the link to the Air BnB apartment you rented?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 5, 2015 at 8:57 am

@Caroline – My OH booked it, so I’ll see if he can dig it out! In the meantime, search for Paris design apartments! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Kristine January 5, 2015 at 12:07 am

I just love all of these colors! Love these unconventional sights in Paris!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 5, 2015 at 8:58 am

@Kristine – Right? Such a fun surprise to see these types of colours in Paris!

• Reply OLIVIA January 5, 2015 at 1:53 am

these paris photos would make such pretty valentines! remind me of these: https://www.etsy.com/shop/EphemeraByAnnie

• Reply Ingrid Jansen January 5, 2015 at 7:01 am

Bonne Annรฉe Will! What a wonderful way to start 2015!
    Rue Cremieux seems like you’ve ‘designed’ it yourself ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 5, 2015 at 8:59 am

@Ingrid – Yes, it’s a total Bright.Bazaar street! Happy New Year to you too! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Kb January 5, 2015 at 8:29 pm

I definitely want to shoot in rue Cremieux next time I’m in Paris!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 5, 2015 at 8:31 pm

@KB – Great place for a shoot because it’s quite a quiet street! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Le Comptoir de Stephanie (funkysteph) January 6, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Happy New Year Will. I have the same effect every time I see Big Ben at night ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 6, 2015 at 6:48 pm

@Steph – I must remember to try and tweet you a picture next time I go past it at night! Happy New Year! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Olivia Nolan January 7, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Happy new year! Everything looks fabulous ๐Ÿ™‚ I was in Paris last year and I loved everything about the city..ok, except that in some places the smell was awful. A little bit like a piss.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 7, 2015 at 1:32 pm

@Olivia – It’s true that Paris certainly isn’t all glamour! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Reply Kiana Underwood January 8, 2015 at 8:02 am

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy your “learned and loved” posts?! xo

• Reply Eva Cooper January 9, 2015 at 10:39 am

I love Paris! It’s so chic and charming! I put Clarins Spa in my “to-go” list. Looks great!

• Reply Gabby January 10, 2015 at 4:37 am

Clarins Spa looks ahhhhhmazing !!!! I have never been to Paris. Clearly that needs remedied ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Reply Renata Bastos January 10, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Such a beautiful post! I love Paris so much I literally got goosebumps just now seeing your photos. I now feel totally inspired to go out and shoot some of my town (Miami) for my own blog. Happy New Year! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 10, 2015 at 4:30 pm

@Renata – Enjoy shooting! Glad you feel inspired to see your town through the lens of a camera! ๐Ÿ™‚