BRAKIG: A Colourful IKEA & ArtRebels Collab

BRAKIG-collection-IKEAlimited-edition-IKEA-BRAKIG-collection-productsartrebels-ikea-collaborationBRAKIG-IKEA-pastel-dining-chairs-stoolsBRAKIG-IKEA-ceramics-cup-and-saucer-setharlequin-patterned-homewares-IKEA-BRAKIG-collectionBRAKIG-IKEA-cushionsIKEA-and-ARTREBELS-collaborationBRAKIG-IKEA-office-storage-boxes

I’m always excited to hear of a new limited edition collection at IKEA (remember their gorgeous limited edition True Blue collection back in 2012?) and the latest offering from the Swedish brand doesn’t disappoint. Due to launch tomorrow, IKEA’s BRAKIG collection is a collaboration with the Danish website, ArtRebels, which is community for handpicked artists and visual designers from around the world. Check out their selection of art and photography designed to coordinate with the BRAKIG collection – there are some very tempting pieces!

The BRAKIG collection is made up of 30 pieces and has been designed for homes of people that have big visions, but limited space, and smaller budgets. Of course, I am drawn to the bright and cheerful shades of the collection, but the striking harlequin pattern used across the range are also very inspiring. I like how there are original pieces as well as updates to familiar pieces such as the pastel touch given to the FROSTA stool. My favourite pieces are the colourful cushions and harlequin ceramics. Which pieces from the BRAKIG collection do you like best?

// Photography by IKEA

• Reply Rincy January 31, 2014 at 12:29 am

Is it weird that I saw these images earlier this week and totally thought of you/Bright Bazaar? 😉

Love it.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 31, 2014 at 7:52 am

@Rincy – Tee hee, brilliant! What can I say; I’m a colour addict! 😉

• Reply tim@designmaze January 31, 2014 at 1:07 am

I am so in love with this limited edition!! You know I will be asking you to ship a few of these pillows to me if they are not launching the collection in Canada right? I doubt they will … so happy shopping for me Mr!

I am crazy about the pastel diamond pillow, that oh-so-pretty rug, and the stools!! Just so fresh and chic!! I’m so ready for Spring!

xoxo

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 31, 2014 at 7:53 am

@Tim – I’m with you on the diamond pillow… so good! And yes, bring on the warmer days! xo

• Reply Andrew Dunning January 31, 2014 at 7:40 am

What a great addition. One to snap up quickly I think, the limited edition really appeals to me as it raises the exclusivity and you won’t see these designs everywhere! I’m loving those Harlequin cushions too – perfect for a reception room project we are finishing. Guess where I might be going this weekend 🙂

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 31, 2014 at 7:54 am

@Andrew – I like the graphic look of the harlequin cushions, too. Have a fab weekend!

• Reply Gabrielle January 31, 2014 at 8:30 am

Love, love, love, especially the harlequin pattern. Hoping they’ll be available to order online as I can control my spending better than when I’ve trooped off to an actual store 🙂

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar January 31, 2014 at 8:40 am

@Gabrielle – It’s always dangerous when pieces coordinate as well as these designs! 😉

• Reply Emily Vintage Pixie January 31, 2014 at 10:15 am

These are amazing! I love them! LOVE!! I can see that bedding and the cups/bowls etc making their way into my house.. oh and maybe a cushion or two! 🙂

• Reply Kiara January 31, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Some of the BRAKIG is already out in the Glasgow IKEA, picked up the clothes rack and a few boxes

• Reply Azu January 31, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Those stools are amazing! Loving this collab <3

xo Azu

• Reply Jenni February 3, 2014 at 1:11 pm

The diamond footstool is gorgeous, it’s such a lovely collection. Really interesting to see the combination of pastels and darker shades.

• Reply ASH February 3, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Is this collection available now?! I LOVE it, I’m virtually jumping in the car now wondering how many pieces I can sensibly purchase without coming across as an ikea geek 😉

• Reply Elena + deco February 5, 2014 at 9:40 am

Very nice collection, I saw the cushions a few days ago and they look really good, the only problem is that not all the items are available in every shop.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 5, 2014 at 9:41 am

@Elena – I’ll keep my fingers crossed that your local store gets the full range soon!

• Reply Briana Anabtawi February 5, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Heading off to our IKEA local this week to check the range out. Also love TRENDIG as well!

• Reply Bedroom Inspiration :: Mint Green, Mustard Horses and Harlequin Brights - Polkadot Pink December 22, 2016 at 8:29 am

[…] image source 1// image source 2 // Photography by […]