David Hockney Inspired Interior Design

David Hockney inspired interior design// Shop the look: fig.1 | fig.2 | fig.3 | fig.4 | fig.5

As a color lover, David Hockney’s work never fails to inspire. His use of color has inspired me from everything from fashion to decor, leading me to color palettes I couldn’t even have dreamed of if it wasn’t for his saturated works. David Hockney’s new retrospective at the Tate Britain has me itching to grab my passport, jump on a flight to London and soak up some color inspiration through the twelve(!) rooms that are showing his art. From aqua blues to coral pinks and everything in between, Hockney’s classic hues are guaranteed to brighten up the darkest of February days – and as it’s been overcast and wet for much of this week in New York City I felt it couldn’t be more fitting to feature some David Hockney inspired interior design! The Kairos Collective have a series of lighting, accessories soft furnishings and furniture that are perfect for inviting a splash of David Hockney inspired interior design into your home. From the spectrum of hues seen in the shell beach rug to the use of graphic color and shape in the indigo two pillow, these pieces are perfect for pepping up a space for the brighter days of spring.

Aside from Hockney’s inspiring use of color across sketching, painting, printmaking, photography and his more recent digital iPad experiments, it’s his embrace of new technologies that I find equally inspiring. Hockney may almost be 80 but he is still adapting his approach to art for the modern age. I saw an exhibition in Germany a few years ago which solely featured paintings he had made on his iPad – so inspiring! His depictions of sun-dappled Los Angeles swimming pools (like the one seen at the top of this post, of which I have a print of hung in my apartment!) never fail to fill me with color ideas when it comes to decor. How does David Hockney’s colorful art inspire you?

// ‘A Bigger Splash’ Print at top of post from Tate

• Reply Soapstone Countertops February 10, 2017 at 5:23 pm

Great post! These are so much fun!

• Reply Ramona February 15, 2017 at 4:59 am

love this items!

• Reply Weekend Reading. - The Stripe February 18, 2017 at 6:00 am

[…] After droooling my way through the Tate’s David Hockney exhibition I loved this post from Will! […]

• Reply Didier February 20, 2017 at 8:28 pm

You always bring me inspiration in everything that you do!

-Didier

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 21, 2017 at 8:42 am

@Didier – Sweet of you to say, Mr. Thanks for all your support; the feeling is mutual! πŸ™‚

• Reply Nicole @ Wallsauce.com February 21, 2017 at 7:05 am

Love this post! πŸ™‚

• Reply A Girl, A Style February 21, 2017 at 7:50 am

I love this! I went to see the Hockney exhibit last week and it was just the perfect antidote to a cold and rainy London evening.

Briony x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 21, 2017 at 8:43 am

@Briony – I bet! So envious that you were able to see it. Glad to hear from you that it was as good as I’ve heard from others! x

• Reply Josh @ The Kentucky Gent February 27, 2017 at 3:22 pm

Love that print! Definitely makes me want to hop aboard a plane to Palm Springs and enjoy some much needed pool time.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 27, 2017 at 3:29 pm

@Josh – Palm Springs is such a slice of heaven, I love it. Super relaxing place.

• Reply Jules Bazar March 6, 2017 at 6:18 am

Nice inspiration, love those prints !

• Reply Jane March 8, 2017 at 7:54 am

Beautiful patterns and fun bold colour choices! These would provide a very fresh and fun feel to any room! The great thing about furniture and house decor items is that they can be easily replaced and often cheaply enough for smaller items. The key to having a continuously modern house, is having neutral painted walls that will continue to look fresh and effortless no matter what furniture is placed with it!

• Reply CFS March 22, 2017 at 3:19 am

Good collection. I just loved prints, patterns and colors. Nice post, thanks for sharing.

• Reply Nicole March 28, 2017 at 10:15 am

What a legend! Some styles just never grow old!