BRIGHT.STYLE

Bright Style No.3: Ted Baker A/W14 Collection

Ted-Baker-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-1Ted-Baker-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-2Ted-Baker-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-3Ted-Baker-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-4Ted-Baker-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-5Ted-Baker-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-6Ted-Baker-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-7Ted-Baker-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-8Ted-Baker-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-9Ted-Baker-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-10Ted-Baker-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-11Ted-Baker-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-12Ted-Baker-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-13

Shop the outfit: HUNTOR leather holdall bag | GARYEN quilted leather jacket | EDDI watch | ROPPED bracelet | JACDEB white shirt | SELSEY jeans | GURI7 Oxford brogue shoe | BABEL blue jumper | STRITIE stripe tie

Thanks to their bold prints (hello pretty paisley!) and confident approach to colour, I ’ve always been a fan of Ted Baker. In recent years menswear has seen a growth in popularity for high street brands, with many increasing their collections in terms of both size and regularity. However, I feel as though Ted has been a solid offering in men’s fashion for many years. So for my latest Bright.Style post I picked out some of my favourite pieces from their A/W14 menswear collection to create the ideal gentleman’s outfit for Autumn. I built the look up from a classic white shirt and jeans (always a classic style winner), with several layers. A bright splash of colour came in the form of a blue merino wool jumper, which I tempered with an oh-so-comfy navy jacket. A striped tie introduced a hint of pattern and visual interest, while brown shoes and a leather bag not only kept the look feeling smart and sophisticated, but brown and navy pair together *so* well. The gorgeous silver watch is now one of my key wardrobe staples because I love the mint coloured hands. Welcome back, layering – I’ve missed you!

What do you like about my favourite fall outfit, guys? I love how my bestie Brooke (and super talented fashion illustrator) whipped together this cute illustration of my chosen outfit. Isn’t it fun?! Oh, how I wish I could draw! If you’re loving all things Ted, be sure to join Mr. Bazaar in entering their contest, too. Just create a Pinterest board called PinpoinTed and pin one or more favourite looks from one of Ted Baker’s Pinterest boards. Once you upload it to their microsite, you’ll be entered to win an $800 Ted Baker Pinterest spree!

// Photography by Will Taylor | Illustration by Brooke Hagel | Posted in collaboration with Ted Baker; all views my own.

• Reply JaMes September 12, 2014 at 7:59 am

Your outfit selection is spot on, bro. The quilted jacket is winning!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 12, 2014 at 8:05 am

@James – Cheers! That was one of my favourite pieces from the outfit, too – super comfortable!

• Reply Bea September 12, 2014 at 8:03 am

I love the outfit posts you do! Have worn Ted Baker for years but OMGEEEE you make their stuff look incredible!!

• Reply MARY BETH September 12, 2014 at 4:20 pm

You’re such a fashionista and the artwork is terrific. I’d love to see a sketchbook in the works, one with blank pages that I could draw in and create interior sketches on-site at initial interviews with clients but would also contain Brooke’s artwork of you, your home and fashions. I bet your husband would love for you to take on another project “in your spare time” – LOL.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 12, 2014 at 6:28 pm

@Mary Beth – Ha, that made me laugh out loud! You know us SO well and you’ve not even met me in real life, I love it. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for the lovely comment!

• Reply Ed September 12, 2014 at 6:24 pm

This all looked so good! I’m obsessed with the illustration.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 12, 2014 at 6:28 pm

@Ed – Cheers! Yes, Brooke is one of the most talented people I know so it was such an honour to have her draw me!

• Reply mel September 13, 2014 at 6:39 am

Great shoot Will – Guillaume and I area in love with the rope bracelet, super cool! Mel x

• Reply Lindsey September 14, 2014 at 5:03 pm

I ADORE that watch! Maybe a Christmas surprise for C 🙂 Thanks for such gorgeous inspiration! You’re a natural on camera!

• Reply Tim@designmaze September 18, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Love that outfit and TED BAKER!! so happy they are opening a store in Toronto right by work … for sure I will be there every other day!

My favourites … hm, I love the jacket, the bag, and the watch!! you of course are the perfect model! Keep them coming Mr.!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 18, 2014 at 11:39 pm

@Tim – Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I LOVE this watch so much!