Spring Design Updates In My London Apartment

See all of my apartment in my new book, which you can pre-order now from the following locations: Amazon USA / Barnes & Noble / Indiebound / Amazon UK.

Working freelance means that the second bedroom of my two bed apartment has to double as an office and a spare room. The office part of the room can be seen in my book, so I wanted to share the opposite side of the space today. The apartment has triple height ceilings at the highest point, so there’s a lot of space to fill! I was keen to make the space feel colourful and cosy at the same time; I needed it to be a retreat for my guests but also personally inspiring as I spend a lot of time working in the room. I swapped out an old rug from Zara Home for one of the stripe dhurrie’s from the Steven Alan x West Elm collection. I also extended the gallery wall by adding this print of NYC (I like how the navy throws off the rest of the pastel-focused palette), as well as hanging my ‘Contemplating Hockney’ print that Geraldine kindly gave me for my birthday. The print is by Wayne Pate and I’m grateful for the introduction because I’m smitten with his work and have ordered his stripes print to add to my collection. A vase of pink and yellow tulips and soft pinky-white hydrangeas completes this colourful nook.

I’m thrilled with how the space has evolved alongside the developing spring season. What do you think of my design updates? Have you made any changes or additions to your rooms recently?

// Photography by Will Taylor

• Reply k April 4, 2014 at 3:11 am

Love that owl vase. Also I would have never thought that a pink wall would look so amazing!

• Reply SusaN April 4, 2014 at 8:08 am

You definitely have a knack for color because this looks great!

• Reply Jules April 4, 2014 at 8:09 am

Cute. Love how your book looks as a prop!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 4, 2014 at 8:12 am

@Jules – Pleased you noticed that as I designed the hard cover so that it could be used as something to invite colour into a space if readers wanted! x

• Reply chichi furniture April 4, 2014 at 10:13 am

You’ve definitely fulfilled your brief – this space is beautifully colourful and the yellow rustic bedside really adds warmth and depth to the space. I love the flowers, they break up organized lines, colour and constructed pattern and just add a pop of pure naturalness (is that even a word!), pulling everything else together.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 4, 2014 at 10:15 am

@Chichi Furniture – Thank you for the kind words! So pleased you like the space (and great word!) ;)

• Reply Anya April 4, 2014 at 10:50 am

Hey Will, how are you :-) I adore the pastel hues in your cute spare bedroom – the new poster is amazing. But my fave must almost be the cool book peeping out from underneath the radio:-) Happy weekend my friend, Ax

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 4, 2014 at 10:53 am

@Anya – So lovely to see you drop by! I am good thank you. I hope you are too! Pleased you like the new print from lovely Geraldine and, of course, touched that you spotted my little baby, too! ;) x

• Reply Molly {Dreams in HD} April 4, 2014 at 1:50 pm

what a beautiful home you have will!

• Reply jillian April 4, 2014 at 3:53 pm

yah! fresh flowers are the BEST! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

• Reply Tim@DesignMaze April 4, 2014 at 5:10 pm

how fab is that!! love your tips on how to welcome spring indoor. Blooms, stripes, golden, and art … AMEN to that!

Can’t wait to read your book and be inspired by the creative use of colors!

That spare bedroom, I will have to come visit it real soon!

• Reply Jocelyn Casey April 5, 2014 at 4:26 am

Ok, now I feel refreshed and revitalized after my flight from Chicago! I love the light that falls into your room as well, it is so soft and subtle. All the photography is just lovely too! xx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 5, 2014 at 11:28 am

@Jocelyn – Yes, I love the light in this room as well. Have a great time in Chicago! xx

• Reply GeraldinE@littlebigbell April 5, 2014 at 10:44 am

So pleased you like the print. It looks really good with the other beautiful prints on your wall. Love the pastel stripes on your book. Can’t wait till your book launch event!! xx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 5, 2014 at 11:27 am

@Geradline – I am thrilled with how it came out. Another print has now arrived to be added to the wall, too! ;) xx

• Reply julia I mintlametta April 5, 2014 at 11:25 am

wow! love the colors so much. happy spring, happy living!

• Reply Barbara April 6, 2014 at 12:03 am

I’ve just found out about your blog and I’m totally in love, very inspiring. Your place looks amazing. Specially like those wall art.

Have a nice day :)

• Reply dailyrisa April 7, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I love your wall, cute owl vase, oh! I love everything that combine to be your own style. :-)

• Reply Alicia April 7, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Hi Will! I love how all the colours go well together – you wouldn’t expect that from bright red and pastel tones! You’ve got such a great sense of design!
    I think I just fell in love with the radio too, is it possible to find similar ones?

• Reply Melanie April 17, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Hello Will from sunny Florida,
    Where is that print with the colorful buildings (and bunting) from? It’s very pretty.
    Best on the American tour!

• Reply francesca April 21, 2014 at 8:59 am

definitely….i love your job!

• Reply Evo April 27, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Hi Will, Could you please tell me which paint did you use?