Seven Creative Ideas To Decorate With Yellow

industrial-yellow-decor-dining-roomyellow-living-room-decor-ideacolorful-yellow-living-roomdecorating-with-yellow-accent-colorsyellow-painted-dresservogue-living-yellow-bedroom-accentcoastal-yellow-living-room-decorating-idea

I have a confession to make. It’s been more than four years since I first felt my heart flutter with excitement at the sight of this hue, and no matter what I do I just can’t quit you. Yellow, you are my colour drug! Whether you layer one of your gently weathered shades into an industrial scheme, provide a contrasting accent to a monochromatic room or bring a glossy pop of playful lemon to a space, you always give Mr. Bazaar the colour high he craves everyday. You pair beautifully with graphic patterns, ironically softening them despite your vivacious characteristics; work wonders when framed in a formal setting and then called upon as a reference point for layered accessories; and are versatile enough to hit the right notes whether used in country or coastal homes. You’re so darn good I can’t imagine life without you – truth be told, I wouldn’t even want to. Yellow, here’s to you, me and one bright addiction!

// Photography by 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

• Reply RepuBlicofhome June 26, 2013 at 1:49 am

You are my sunshine my only sunshine! Love yellow too! Such a happy and striking colour!

• Reply tim@designmaze June 26, 2013 at 5:35 am

absolutely! this bright hue just makes you happy and cheerful during those grey rainy days. love the coastal, regency, and monochrome inspirational shots. Which one is your favourite?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 26, 2013 at 7:17 am

@Tim – Great choices! I love the monochrome and coastal ones but they are all fab!

• Reply Bea June 26, 2013 at 7:15 am

I love every idea!!!

• Reply Sue Aitken at Boutique Provencale June 26, 2013 at 8:02 am

I just love yellow. No colour is quite like it for cheering you up. One of my favourite combinations is with cornflower blue – glorious.

• Reply We Heart Home June 26, 2013 at 8:10 am

I love yellow touches in an interior! The interior of the blue cupboard is my favourite !

Trisha x

• Reply andriana June 26, 2013 at 8:31 am

I love yellow accents…. I have the wonderful muuto yellow dots and they always get all the attention!

• Reply Lena June 26, 2013 at 10:52 am

A wonderful “ode to yellow”, Will. I agree. Yellow is happiness and can do wonders on a grey day. I’m loving each and every example you picked – but I think my favourite is that kitchen cabinet with its yellow secret inside!

• Reply Leslie-Anne June 26, 2013 at 11:00 am

Yellow? Yes! I love the funky lamp.

• Reply Nicole June 26, 2013 at 11:35 am

That blue cupboard is literally my dream cupboard.

• Reply chichi furniture June 26, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Every home should have a little yellow, even if just a vase of Daffs! Love yellow, such a happy, warm colour. Looks great as a main room colour or as a subtle addition. My favs above are industrial look and the striking monochrome – fab pictures.

• Reply Joy June 26, 2013 at 1:20 pm

These are awesome ideas. I really have never gravitated toward yellow when working on decorating our home – and I feel like these are all very attainable and relatable. Love (LOVE) the ‘coastal’ idea!

• Reply Monika@secretgardenhome June 26, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Hi Will,

I must admit yellow is on my radar for the past few months, especially the sweetcorn hue.

I’m currently decorating my kitchen using a mix of grey and yellow.

Thank you for even more inspirations!

Bests

Monika:)

• Reply Michaela June 26, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Loving all of these! The yellow in the cabinets is so surprising and fun!

• Reply caroline @trend-daily June 26, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Cant beat a splash of yellow-industrial and monochrome for me! xx

• Reply Chantelle June 27, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Yellow is TOTALLY A COLOR DRUG! Especially in this shade <3

• Reply SArah @HOMEBARN June 27, 2013 at 10:55 pm

You are responsible for converting us and probably the whole nation to yellow – absolutely love that Jielde lamp and the cuboard with the yellow interior. Love this whole story.

• Reply mat June 28, 2013 at 9:30 am

i’m a massive fan of yellow in accents, the lamps and the stools are grand. nice one.

• Reply Linda June 28, 2013 at 11:11 pm

A friend told me about your lovely blog and pointed me to this post. I am a yellowist (love all things yellow). I love love love these pictures! Thorn between the lamp, stool, hanging lamp ,pillow ……… Am glad people are beginning to appreciate yellow outside spring time and flowers.

• Reply Lana June 30, 2013 at 9:36 am

I’m sold on yellow too, Will! Absolutely love the industrial space with the pot plants on the wall and the coastal space too, perfectly put together.

• Reply philipgibilisco September 22, 2014 at 9:10 am

Nice blog for yellow colour lovers. Thank you for sharing.