Happy Weekend: A New Print In My Bedroom

Fridays are the best, aren’t they?! I just love knowing that the weekend is stretched out ahead. Do you have any fun plans? I’m hoping to head to the cinema and have some home DIYs to complete for upcoming blog posts. Talking of home updates, remember the print of Lisbon I fell for a few weekends ago? Well, it arrived yesterday and once I slipped it into a frame I knew I had the perfect spot for it. This corner of my bedroom was calling out for a hit of colour and I think the colours go perfectly with the stripy bedding I bought last year, don’t you? I love that quick and affordable updates like this can bring a whole new perspective to a space. Plus, it’s easy to swap out the print for something new when I feel like ringing the changes! What do you think, folks?

// Photography by Will Taylor

• Reply elisa May 31, 2013 at 12:10 am

• Reply Ashleigh (Act on Inspiration) May 31, 2013 at 2:31 am

Oh I adored Lisbon! I definitely need to get this, so many happy memories =) And such a cool print.
    Ashleigh xxoo

• Reply Margarida May 31, 2013 at 2:32 am

Lisbon is a MUST visit! You’ll love the streets, the yellow and pinkins facades, the pavement on the streets (which we call “calΓ§ada”), the simple and tasty food, the wine…
    And the light. Lisbon has this special light even when the sky is grey :-)
    Gosh, I miss home…

• Reply tim@designmaze May 31, 2013 at 3:32 am

it is perfect Will! Loving the white frame as well and how much the bright colors pop against the crisp white walls! Can’t wait to see more of your bedroom!

Chris is not coming over until Saturday afternoon and that gives me the freedom in the morning to hit the local farmer’s market to pick up some gorgeous peonies! LOVE them.

Have a top weekend boys!

• Reply Tina from A Few Pretty Things May 31, 2013 at 8:13 am

This print is lovely. I am looking for a particular Greek ministry of tourism ad from the sixties. Any suggestions where I could find it?

• Reply Ana May 31, 2013 at 8:32 am

You’re so lucky! I just hope that this picture will inspire you everyday just like Lisbon does to everyone else! It’s definitely a must visit!

• Reply Anya May 31, 2013 at 8:47 am

I love it Will, and it does match the bedding perfectly. Still need to visit Lisbon. Happy weekend, may it be more relaxing than the last one ;-)

• Reply Lindsey May 31, 2013 at 10:29 am

ADORE that print!!

• Reply Lena May 31, 2013 at 11:12 am

Oh Lisbon – it’s been on my list of places I want to visit for so long… I’m sure looking at this beautiful print every morning will inspire you to go there very soon. I like the color scheme, colorful but calm, perfect for a bedroom. Have a great weekend!

• Reply Becky - pretty dandy May 31, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Love the colours, really cute and Portugal has a special place in my heart too :)

• Reply Aileen@athomeinlove May 31, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I love it! I really like when frames are just casually propped against the wall on the floor. Such an easy, low commitment way to add some color. And it looks so chic!

• Reply Nicole May 31, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Love the comforter/duvet. It’s so colorful and bright and happy.

• Reply Julie-white tapestry May 31, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Love it! Happy Weekend to you too my friend.

• Reply susan June 1, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Colorful + happy! Bon weekend Will :)

• Reply Alison June 1, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Oh it’s so bright & fun, I β™₯ it!