BRIGHT.STYLE

How To Wear Your Favorite Holiday Sweater

holiday sweater old navyWhen it comes to seasonal holiday dressing, AKA wearing your fav festive finds, it can be a case of walking a fine line between a whimsical look or a what-on-earth-is-he-wearing look! Lots of you guys message me to say how much you like to wear a graphic shirt throughout the year, so I figured you probably like to do the same when it comes to dressing for the holidays, too. So, today’s post – the latest in my on-going collaboration with Old Navy – walks through my tips for how to wear your favorite holiday sweater – and how to look great doing so!holiday sweater old navyAlright, so first up is to decide on that hero holiday sweater that’s going to anchor the look. Perhaps it’s an old favorite or maybe it’s a new find, like this fair isle tree motif sweater one I’m wearing. Then, build up the look from there. I took cues from the sophisticated monochrome palette of the sweater when choosing items to complete the look. I decided to wear a wool twill top coat in a dark charcoal color way so as to continue the monochrome color story of the outfit.holiday sweater old navyI think every outfit needs a splash of color to complete it. It doesn’t have to be much, sometimes it can just be a sock or the sole of a shoe, in this case it was my festive red flannel scarf. It was the perfect accent to make the outfit pop and inject some life into the monochrome look. I wore a pair of medium wash skinny denim to contrast with the darker colors up top; I like how the blue tone of the jeans reflects the cool Nordic light that we get at this time of year.holiday sweater old navyMy trusty pair of sueded lace-up chukkas (I’ve been living in these since the fall!) were the perfect shoe for this festive look. How do you like to wear your favorite holiday sweater?holiday sweater old navy// Photography & styling by Will Taylor | Posted in partnership with Old Navy

• Reply Dan December 18, 2017 at 8:47 am

Way to rock a holiday sweater! Iโ€™ll be over here in my Santa top lol lol

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 18, 2017 at 8:52 am

@Dan – Haha! Why, thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚ Bet you still look cute in that sweater!

• Reply Quin December 18, 2017 at 8:49 am

Did you get this from a store?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 18, 2017 at 8:52 am

@Quin – Yes, my local Old Navy. Iโ€™ve linked it in the post if you wish to buy online tho!

• Reply Mags December 18, 2017 at 8:51 am

I love reading your blog because you always have beautiful locations for your posts. Very inspiring as I want to launch my own blog in 2018. Happy holidays Will!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 18, 2017 at 2:15 pm

@Mags – Thanks so much for reading and for the lovely comment. Good luck with launching your own blog, too – so exciting!

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses December 18, 2017 at 2:27 pm

I love this, and your style Will! You can never turn down a good Christmas sweater!

I hope you have a wonderful Monday,
    Michael

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 18, 2017 at 2:39 pm

@Michael – So appreciate that, thank you! And, yes, I love a good Christmas sweater! Have a wonderful week, Mr!

• Reply Joey Ruocco December 18, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Love the post Will! this location was perfect! – i’m always location scouting in and around NY for my blog. Do you mind sharing where this is? Also do you take these pics yourself with a tripod?

Thanks!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 18, 2017 at 3:32 pm

@Joey – Thank you! Yes, I took these pics using a tripod and the remote shoot app on my iPhone that connects to my DSLR. The tree farm is called Matt’s tree farm on Long Island!

• Reply Didier December 18, 2017 at 6:37 pm

I find that Old Navy always has so many cute christmas sweaters every year! However, I DEFINITELY cannot pull them off as well as you do!

-Didier

• Reply Ichy Rizki December 19, 2017 at 9:07 am

โค the sweater. Grey with silhouette of the pine tree in the night complete the snow