BRIGHT.STYLE

Playful Prep: Men’s Fall Fashion 2017

preppy stylePlayful prep you say? Well, that sounds ideal for this color and pattern loving guy who is known to have a penchant for preppy style. Of course, there’s the college campus ‘hardcore’ prep look (who would have thought one day ‘hardcore’ and ‘preppy’ would be in the same sentance but bear with me!) and then there’s the softer take on preppy style. While both looks are great, I tend to air on the latter side of the scale, choosing to call on classic preppy style elements, such as the stripe and a heavily layered look, when pulling my outfits together. After the jump, I’m sharing the full details on this playful prep outfit I styled in collaboration with Old Navy using pieces from their current fall collections. Check it outtttt!

preppy styleIt might sound odd but I started this outfit from the outside and worked in. I saw this denim jacket on the racks in store and knew that it would be the perfect layering piece for the breezy fall days ahead.preppy styleOnce I had the denim jacket set I started to think about how to give the look a playful prep vibe. I knew I wanted to bring some color to the overall look, as well as a hit of graphic pattern. Once I saw the mariner-stripe long sleeve tee I knew it would tick both boxes. Plus, it doesn’t get much more preppy style than a stripe, right?! I love the bold lick of red that this tee gives the outfit.preppy styleA shawl-collar cardigan was the ideal extra layer to bring warmth and texture to the outfit. Plus, wearing it is like a never-ending hug which is a huge bonus! With my layers set I completed the clothes with a pair of tapered navy pants and sand colored desert boots. I knew the final piece I needed was another splash of preppy color. Thankfully, the color-blocked canvas duffel bag was just the accessory I needed to round out the preppy style of this outfit. It’s gonna be so perfect for the gym!preppy styleDo you like preppy style? How do you incorporate elements of this fashion style into your outfits?preppy style// Posted in partnership with Old Navy; all views my own.

• Reply Paul September 22, 2017 at 8:49 am

Old Navy looks like its upped it’s game from my high school days LOL

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 22, 2017 at 8:54 am

@Paul – Haha! I genuinely love to shop there and almost always find something I want to buy when I go to the store.

• Reply Jason September 22, 2017 at 8:51 am

Feeling these back to school and layered vibes Will. Always enjoy your outfit posts. 🙂 Enjoy the weekend!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 22, 2017 at 8:55 am

@Jason – Layers are my jaaaaaaam! Thanks for the lovely comment!

• Reply Cody Czmyr September 22, 2017 at 11:54 am

Loving the look! I’m going to have to snag a few new items!

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses September 23, 2017 at 5:41 am

Awesome outfit Will! I absolutely love the striped red and navy jumper! Also, these photos are so Autumnal they’re beautiful!!

I hope you’re having a great weekend!
    Michael

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 24, 2017 at 9:36 pm

@Michael – Thanks for the lovely comment! So glad you enjoyed the post. Have a great new week ahead! 🙂

• Reply kevin September 24, 2017 at 9:24 pm

Will. I saw this at Old Navy on Friday, and I thought of you… not only because of the colors, but because of the stripes 🙂

Hope you are doing great, and T is doing equally as great.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm

@Kevin – Love that the stripes made you think of my style! So fun! We’re doing great, thanks for asking. Hope you had a lovely weekend! 🙂

• Reply Deb Callaghan September 27, 2017 at 7:57 am

That’s a great look, reminds me of being young in the 80’s, but without looking like an 80’s outfit.

• Reply Matija September 30, 2017 at 12:20 pm

Nice outfit, I really like it! Looks like I’ll have to come to your blog often. Thanks for the interesting combinations and texts you write. Greetings from Croatia! 😉

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar September 30, 2017 at 10:27 pm

@Matija – I’m so pleased you like it and I’d be delighted to see you stop by often. Have a great weekend!

• Reply Carmine October 2, 2017 at 10:50 am

Those chukka boots look great, Old Navy has definitely stepped up their game recently!

• Reply Michael Ziehfreund October 6, 2017 at 6:16 am

Very interesting post! You gave your old denim jacket a very good and attractive look with mariner-stripe long sleeve tee. Love your new look very much. Keep sharing this types of post further. Thanks!

• Reply William October 11, 2017 at 8:14 am

I want to steal your wardrobe.