Scarpetta Restaurant Copenhagen: Design Tour

Scarpetta Restaurant CopenhagenDuring my stay in Copenhagen last week I ate at a beautiful Italian restaurant in the heart of the city. It was called Scarpetta restaurant and the simple yet stylish Scandinavian decor was so beautiful and on-point that I just had to share a restaurant design tour with you all! ‘Scarpetta’ is Italian for the last piece of bread that is used to soak up the remaining sauce from the plate. While I definitely ate alllll the delicious bread, pasta, pizza and meats at Scarpetta restaurant, I also soaked up all of the design details, too.Scarpetta Restaurant CopenhagenThe first thing I noticed when I walked into the space was the abundance of CH24 Wishbone chairs by Hens J Wegner. In fact, it’s this exact version of the CH24 Wishbone chair – white frame with natural seat – that we’d already ordered for the beach house dining room. I had ordered the chairs online, and while I’d obviously seen this design classic in person many times before, I’d never seen it in this finish and color. I loved it and seeing the chairs in the restaurant made me so excited to get my own set back home. Thanks to the combined top rail and arm that join to be a single piece, they are such comfortable chairs to sit in. This is what draws me to so many Danish designs: they are almost always comfortable and functional, while still maintaining a distinct and memorable look.Scarpetta Restaurant CopenhagenAs well as the CH24 chairs there’s a series of related industrial factory pendants, blowing white linens, original wood floors and a peppering of olive trees in large terra-cotta pots. The vibe was stylish yet relaxed and homely – a feeling I’m always looking to achieve in my own home and designs. If you’re in Copenhagen I highly recommend stopping by Scarpetta restaurant for a delicious dinner. In addition to the beautiful decor, the staff were so attentive and the food was delicious! Do you find yourself getting design inspiration from restaurants? If so, there’s more restaurant design tours right here. I’d love to know which restaurant designs have caught your eye, too!Scarpetta Restaurant Copenhagen// Photography courtesy of Cofoco group and used with permission

• Reply Didier November 22, 2017 at 8:37 am

Dear Lord. This is wishbone chair heaven! Always been my favourite chair ever. Cofoco group has some great restaurants in Copenhagen! I believe Höst is part of it as well?

-Didier

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 22, 2017 at 9:19 am

@Didier – Yes! Their restaurants are so fantastic: great food *and* design. The perfect combo, right? 😉

• Reply Gina November 22, 2017 at 9:15 am

Okay loving this!!! Always admired those chairs but didn’t know their name LOL. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 22, 2017 at 9:20 am

@Gina – Glad you were able to learn a little something as well as enjoy the beautiful space! 🙂

• Reply Wayne November 22, 2017 at 9:17 am

I ate there in Copenhagen as well. Did you have the risotto?!

• Reply Betty November 22, 2017 at 9:18 am

So pretty. I like how it feels warm even thought there’s a lot of white. Have a great Thanksgiving Will! xo

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 22, 2017 at 9:42 am

@Betty – Totally agree. I think it’s down to all the warm woods and textures. At night there’s loads of cozy candlelight too!

• Reply Keaton November 22, 2017 at 9:33 am

Obsessed with the Wishbone chair. This is such a lovey aesthetic with the lighter color palette. A fav restaurant that caught my eye is Trading Post NYC near South Seaport in New York. The perfect place for a date night. The downstairs rustic feel juxtaposed with the glorious almost Victorian Library feeling upstairs is glorious. The food and service was also delectable.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar November 22, 2017 at 9:43 am

@Keaton – Me too, it’s my fav! Thanks for the recommendation of Trading Post, I’m gonna have to check it out. Excited! Have a super fun Thanksgiving, man!

• Reply Bessie November 22, 2017 at 9:18 pm

I love your style, it’s simplicity yet it’s brilliance . I hope to redo a part of my home with your inspiration and then share it. But I love you. I love you I love you I love you.