NYC Apartment Update: Loloi Rugs Javari Collection

Javari CollectionSometimes all it takes to totally refresh a space is swapping out one key piece in the room. We are approaching one year living in this apartment and so I was ready to mix things up a little in the living room. I wasn’t looking for a complete overhaul, but rather my aim was to introduce a new piece into the space that would co-ordinate with the existing palette while still making the room sing from a new song book. Same outfit, different occasion kinda thing. So, I was thrilled when Loloi Rugs asked me to work with them by styling one of their new Javari collection rugs in my living room. They’ve teamed up with a bunch of folks to create this inspiring microsite that focuses on the different ways you can style their colorful new collection of rugs. Be sure to check it out for even more decorating inspo. After the jump I’m sharing more pictures of our refreshed living room in the NYC apartment, so come on in!

Javari CollectionI loved reading about the creative drive behind Loloi Rug’s new Javari collection of rugs. Essentially, the team felt that blue, grey and ivory were the dominant colors in the rug industry and it was time to commit to color and mix things up. Enter stage right: the Javari collection, which features 12 different rug styles all of which harmoniously balance up to 25 colors! Music to the ears of us color lovers, right?!
Javari CollectionThe moment I saw the Slate Berry design I knew instantly that it would be the perfect piece to refresh the living room. The washed out pinks paired perfectly with my pale pink couch and occasional chair, while the faded, vintage look to the piece was the ideal way to add some warmth and richness to the otherwise minimalist, Scandinavian-led space. I love how the smooth and crispness of the white furniture (coffee table and bookcase) take on a new energy by having the colorful Javari collection rug at their base. The Slate Berry rug was also a great way to add pattern into the room. I’m thrilled with how it came out! What do you think of my new rug, folks? You can shop the collection over on Rugs Direct. Or, if you would like to see or purchase one of the Javari collection rugs in person, email info@loloirugs.com and they will direct you to a local retailer. And in the meantime, don’t forget to stop by the Loloi Rugs microsite for more inspiring design ideas!
Javari Collection // Photography by Will Taylor | Posted in partnership with Loloi Rugs; all views my own

• Reply Tippy June 26, 2017 at 3:12 am

I’ve been following your blog for years now Will!
    I admire your consistency & passion.
    These are so beautiful!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 26, 2017 at 10:32 am

@Tippy – Thanks so much for following along for so many years! So glad you like how the refreshed space looks! 🙂

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses June 26, 2017 at 3:44 am

Wow! I’m in love with your apartment, it’s gorgeous!

I hope you have a lovely Monday,
    Michael

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 26, 2017 at 10:32 am

@Michael – Thank you very much! I am so pleased with how the new rug refreshed the space. Have a great day!

• Reply Will Brinson June 26, 2017 at 6:48 am

Looks fantastic! The rug fits in seamlessly, yet still gives the room a whole new colorful look. Well done

• Reply Erin June 27, 2017 at 12:56 am

I’m glad someone is veering away from the blue, grey, and white, but I really need more red and green. *patiently waits for trends to change*

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 27, 2017 at 1:30 am

@Erin – IMHO there’s no need to wait for the trends to change, just go for the colors you love now! Happy decorating and thanks for stopping by! 🙂

• Reply Stella June 27, 2017 at 2:14 am

Love your living room so far! This space is filled with bright, fresh and sensible decor. So GOOD as always!!
    P.S – I love California as much as you love in NY
    Because I live in the city of alliance with California!
    Happy travel, Will ?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 27, 2017 at 10:47 am

@Stella – Thank you so much! And how fun that your city is twinned with California!

• Reply King Boom June 27, 2017 at 3:53 am

Thanks for sharing the wonderful information with us.

• Reply shanna June 27, 2017 at 11:26 am

That church architecture for a view! Wow!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 27, 2017 at 11:38 am

@Shanna – I know, I pinch myself over it almost daily! It’s like living back in Europe!

• Reply Lertpan Pathamawuthikan June 30, 2017 at 5:58 am

I love your apartment specially fade rug and great adding pink. Have a nice day.
    Greeting from Thailand!

• Reply Helen June 30, 2017 at 11:47 am

The rug looks perfect – great choice, and what a beautiful, uplifting room!

I’d love to know where the large pink wall print is from, and who the artist is?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 30, 2017 at 11:53 am

@Helen – Thanks very much! The art is a print I bought from Lola Donoghue on Etsy about four years ago. I love it!

• Reply Helen June 30, 2017 at 1:54 pm

OMG OMG OMG … just found her on Etsy and am hyperventilating with excitement. Thank you so, so much … her work is just perfect for the space above the bed that I’ve been waiting to find just the right piece for. I’m doing my very happiest happy dance … Have a fantastic weekend.

• Reply Rukmini July 11, 2017 at 4:01 am

Utter shame that I “just” discovered you. And I am not leaving this space. Whoa! Made me smil, made me happy like walking in our saturday spice market. Invigorating Will. Following you on insta and twitter. Dabble a bit with decor myself so this is cookie and cream.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 11, 2017 at 5:31 pm

@Rukmini – Thank you so much for coming on over, I’m so pleased you enjoyed reading the blog! 🙂

• Reply Matthew July 18, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Such a pleasant color palette! Love the view you have.

• Reply Lindsay Davison July 19, 2017 at 6:37 am

Just discovered your blog – I’m in love! Great post xx

Lindsay | http://www.lindsaydavison.co.uk

• Reply Kristy August 4, 2017 at 12:53 am

Love this rug Will and everything you add to your beautiful apartment. Your taste is always so elegant and fun… Hugs sweet man!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar August 4, 2017 at 3:49 pm

@Kristy – I so appreciate your sweet words about my space, thank you! Hugs back! 🙂