Bright.Bazaar’s Dream Decor Book: Sneak Peek 1

Dream-Decor-Book-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-1I’m excited to be back in London this week for my UK book launch event for Dream Decor! The party is this coming Thursday, 12th May at West Elm London on Tottenham Court Road between 6:30 – 8:30pm. If you are free and would like to join, please do come along – there will be delicious bites and drinks for all! In honour of the book being published this week I’m sharing two posts with some of my favourite spaces from the pages within it. Kicking things off is the eclectic and gathered living room of a prop stylist living in a warehouse apartment in Dumbo, Brooklyn. His home appears in the Curious Collector chapter and I love how his gathered style allowed me the opportunity to share tips and tricks for decorating with a mix of designs across different palettes, eras and so on.Dream-Decor-Book-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-2This gorgeous white kitchen from a renovated Schoolhouse in Pittsburgh is a dream space for me – the black painted floors are a bold and brave move that paid serious style dividends, and the exposed pipe work and ceiling bring character and texture to the simple palette. Not only do I love how fresh and calming it feels but also how accessible it is. This is a ‘wow’ room but it’s not grand or unachievable and this lies at the heart of the homes in the Dream Décor book: spaces that are accessibly aspirational. Throughout the book I break each room down to it’s individual elements to (hopefully!) make it easy to translate your dream decor into your home, no matter where you live.Dream-Decor-Book-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-3The dining room seen here is a special space for me because we shot this casual Mediterranean home on the Spanish Balearic island of Menorca where my heartmate and I married almost two years ago. Don’t you just love how those Saarinen Tulip chairs pop against the weathered wooden dining table? So good!Dream-Decor-Book-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-4Gosh, here’s another favourite space of mine from a nautically inspired home in Bridgehampton, NY. The wallpapered step fronts was a great way to add pattern and visual interest to the staircase, while the peppering of maritime elements were a nod to the coast and beach just a few steps away from the house.Dream-Decor-Book-Will-Taylor-Bright-Bazaar-5My first book was focused on specific colour palettes; my second book takes a much broader approach detailing all of the fundamental decorating elements (pattern, texture, colour, furniture and so on). I was also keen to show a variety of decorating styles and directions, and the sophisticated monochrome palette of the living room in this Manhattan Beach property by DISC Interiors is one of my top spaces. Stay tuned, as I’ll be sharing another sneak peek inside the Dream Décor book later this week! If you like what you see, you can order the book by these links: Amazon UK or Amazon USA.

// Styling and art direction by Will Taylor | Photos 1-4 by Andrew Boyd | Photo 5 by D. Gilbert

• Reply Monika May 8, 2016 at 1:07 pm

Thanks for the view, Will! I’m looking forward (in)to your new book. I hope it will be published soon – in germany?
    I own your first book, too – it’s so great.
    I like the Saarinen Chairs, they look bright and make me smile and i like the nautically look, reminds me of my hometown Hamburg.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 8, 2016 at 3:32 pm

@Monika – My pleasure! Yes, the book is being published very soon in German. It will be called ‘Holidays at Home’ – I hope you enjoy it! Pleased you like the nautical look, too! 🙂

• Reply Jessica May 8, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Can’t tell you how excited I am for your book Will!! Thanks for the sneak peak! 🙂

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 8, 2016 at 3:32 pm

@Jessica – Yay! Your excitement makes all the hard work feel worthwhile!

• Reply Tom May 8, 2016 at 3:27 pm

The chairs in the top living room are my dream…haha no pun intended!

• Reply Suzi May 8, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Looks beautiful, ordering now. Wish you lots of luck! xo

• Reply Frankie May 8, 2016 at 3:29 pm

Your book arrived in the mail yesterday and I enjoyed reading it over coffee and cake today. Congratulations it’s an amazing read!

• Reply Garret May 8, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Nice work Will. The black and white living space has definitely caught my attention.

• Reply geraldine May 9, 2016 at 2:50 am

Gorgeous images Will. Congratulations! I’m sure this book is going to be as successful if not even more than book one. Hopefully will see you at the launch. x

• Reply Grace May 9, 2016 at 6:22 am

Thank you for sharing! I love the white kitchen. Love the vintage look!

• Reply Martyn May 11, 2016 at 6:01 pm

How exciting, I can’t wait to order my copy of your new book. I love your previous one, it inspired me to use colour in my home and I still look at it now
    P. S sorry this coment is late

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 11, 2016 at 6:42 pm

@Martyn – That really made me smile, so pleased you enjoyed it and thanks for all the support!

• Reply David May 12, 2016 at 10:59 am

Will, Looking forward to seeing the book! Ordered the book yesterday on Amazon:)

David John, DISC Interiors

• Reply mary beth May 26, 2016 at 3:19 pm

I love the aqua table that’s peppering the maritime foyer best. Can’t wait for my summertime birthday present – your book!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 26, 2016 at 3:26 pm

@Marybeth – I adore that little table, too. Such a gorgeous property throughout, I can’t wait for you to see the whole space in the Coastal Retreat chapter. Enjoy the book and Happy early Birthday! 🙂

• Reply Didier September 6, 2016 at 11:29 pm

Saw the book in store today and it was enchanting. Gorgeous styling and photos as expected 🙂

-Didier