Truth be told I love to craft but I often find that I’m lacking the time to sit down and dedicate to a given project. Yet when it comes to the festive season I always ensure I do find the time to craft a personal touch to my gifts. I figure I have to wrap so why not make it special and get a kick out of crafting something unique as I do?! So I created a fun DIY wrapping project in partnership with Birchbox, who offer the cutest and most useful beauty and grooming supplies for men and women to match your personal profile. The best part is that this Christmas wrapping project is super quick and easy! If you are thinking of gifting a year-long Birchbox subscription to a pal this Christmas, you can get the first box sent to you so that you can follow the project below to add a personalised touch before you gift it, and then all future monthly boxes would go direct to your loved one in one of Birchbox’s own super cool boxes. They are a great gift for that person in your life who has everything or is just really hard to buy for! Plus, this project helps to add an extra personal touch to the gift. Click through for the how-to and to see what’s inside the Birchbox!
WHAT YOU NEED:
– A Birchbox full of beauty or grooming goodies to wrap!
– Solid coloured wrap or brown parcel paper
– Glitter covered wrap
– Festive shaped template of your choice
– X-Acto knife
– Cutting board
– Double-sided tape
– Normal parcel tapeSTEP ONE:
– Cut out the perfectly sized piece of wrap for your chosen Birchbox.STEP TWO:
– Turn your piece of wrap over and place the Birchbox in the centre before drawing around it. Then, in the centre of the rectangle, place your chosen festive template shape in the centre of it and draw around it.STEP THREE:
– Place the wrap on a cutting board and with your X-Acto knife carefully cut out the left-hand side of the festive shape. Then cut a square piece of glitter paper just big enough to cover the whole of the festive shape, and stick it to the back of the main wrap with double-sided tape.STEP FOUR:
– Place the Birchbox facedown and wrap it to complete the gift.This project works really well with big, graphic shapes for a statement looking gift. Or, you could go for lots of smaller shapes, such as a star, cut out all over the wrap. And if you are super short on time you can just gift your Birchbox as it comes in their pretty boxes, too. Options for all – how’s that for a #MakeYouSmileStyle festive treat, hey! // Photography by Will Taylor | Posted in collaboration with Birchbox; all views my own