BRIGHT.TRAVEL

Colour Hunting In Cornwall With Boden

padstow-cornwallyellow-anchorpadstow-cornwall-colourhydrangea-purple-bloomsitalian-floor-tilescornwall-padstow-blue-skies-scenerycyan-colored-wallthe-seafood-restaurant-hotel-roomsboden-blue-driversrick-stein-fish-and-chip-shop-padstow-cornwallpadstow-harbour-cornwallred-and-blue-boatrick-stein-seafood-cookery-school-padstow-cornwallrick-stein-seafood-school-padstow-cornwallfisherman-pendantswill-taylor-bright-bazaar-spotty-t-shirtcow-in-countrysideedible-bloomscountryside-cornwallcolourful-carrotscornish-countryside-in-summer

I had such a brilliant time on the road with Boden last week. Kate, Kristabel, Carrie, a bunch of journos and I hopped on a flight down to Newquay for two days of fun in the sun on the Cornish coast. Basing ourselves in the picturesque town of Padstow meant we were right by the sea, making us perfectly located for exploring the surrounding countryside and coastal areas.

We stayed in the serene rooms above Rick Stein’s Seafood Restaurant, which were decked out in a calming nautical style, and many of them overlooked Padstow bay and harbour. I loved how my room had a mini library area with two armchairs so there was space to relax and work away from the bed. In fact, Rick Stein has somewhat of a monopoly in Padstow with multiple shops and restaurants throughout the town. My highlight was the fish and chips we ate for lunch on the first day – literally the best I’ve ever tasted! That night we dinned in his famed Seafood Restaurant, ahead of a day learning how to cook seafood in his renowned cookery school. We also managed to find time to go foraging for edible blooms and vegetables across Trerethen Farm, so it was a packed but super inspiring few days. Thank you to the charming team at Boden for being perfect hosts! I’ll let you soak in all the beautiful hues I spotted from my two days exploring the Cornish coast. How fun are my new blue suede shoes? Perfect for Mr. Bazaar! Have you ever been to Cornwall? What inspires you about the seaside?

// Photography by Will Taylor

• Reply Gabrielle July 30, 2014 at 8:04 am

What a lovely way to spend a couple of days. Your photos are fab, of course, the colours really pop. The tiles and turquoise wall are my favourite shots, if I had to pick. And yes, your blue suede shoes are ace!

• Reply Susan July 30, 2014 at 9:37 am

You’ll inspired me to take the kids on a trip down to the coast. Fantastic post!

• Reply Ella July 30, 2014 at 9:38 am

The picture of you with that amazing yellow anchor and blue shoes is such a lot of fun!!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 30, 2014 at 9:42 am

@Ella – The moment I saw that anchor I just *knew* I had to get a snap of with my blue shoes as it’s such a great colour combo!

• Reply Lindsey July 30, 2014 at 10:56 am

Yet another place I’d love to visit! Gorgeous shots 🙂

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 30, 2014 at 10:56 am

@Lindsey – Tobes and I need to do a tour of the UK’s hotspots with you and Cedric one day! 🙂

• Reply Rochelle July 30, 2014 at 11:06 am

Will, what wonderful colours, and those nautical hues, I can never resist boats….not to mention your blue suede shoes…

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 30, 2014 at 11:07 am

@Rochelle – Aren’t the colours divine? They stayed with me for days!

• Reply Jessie @ MessyJesse July 30, 2014 at 11:37 am

Will! You mean to say, you traveled to Cornwall and didn’t visit ME!! hehe, hope you had fun – you certainly had the weather for it, it’s been just dreamy here. xo

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 30, 2014 at 11:38 am

@Jessie – I know! The weather was literally perfect, we were so lucky! 🙂 x

• Reply jillian July 30, 2014 at 1:40 pm

i love all of the BLUES! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

• Reply ash July 30, 2014 at 1:50 pm

I adore this post, the last time I was in Cornwall was the year of the total eclipse and I only have vague memories! I love anything nautical though and boy you’ve captured that with abundance… tell me though, drivers? I can’t say I like them, are they really cool?

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 30, 2014 at 1:55 pm

@Ash – Oh, wow! That totally brings back memories for me too! Drivers have been around years, they are named, unsurprisingly, after car shoes!

• Reply Amanda July 30, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Colour Hunting in Cornwall sounds like my dream job description! Gorgeous pics as usual Will 🙂

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 30, 2014 at 2:35 pm

@Amanda – You are right: this should become a full time job for colour hunters! 😉

• Reply Martyn July 30, 2014 at 7:35 pm

What fantastic pictures, lucky you! I love Cornwall and will hopefully be going down at the end of August (I cant wait).

Rick Steins Fish and Chips are amazing, aren’t they?
    M

P.s. I love your blue shoes!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 30, 2014 at 8:58 pm

@Martyn – OMG, the best I’ve ever had! Have a great trip and thanks for the kind comment!

• Reply mel July 31, 2014 at 6:28 am

Oh you lucky boy Will. That looks like one fab weekend! I haven’t been to Cornwell before but it looks just lovely and what amazing weather. Mel xx

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar July 31, 2014 at 9:28 am

@Mel – We totally lucked out with the weather, it was perfect British summer time climes! x