Seven Amazingly Colourful Shower Room Ideas

pretty-pink-bathrook-ideachevron-tile-bathroomturquoise-bathroompink-bathroom-ideacolor-block-bathroom-ideastriped-bathroom-designcolored-glass-bathroom-shower-screen-idea

The past month or so I’ve been looking for inspiration to change my shower room. The current enclosure and tiling was chosen by the previous tenants and there’s nothing wrong with it per se, but given it consists heavily of beige it’s safe to say that it’s not quite Mr. Bazaar’s taste! So off I went in search of shower rooms that would spark my creativity and after seeing the colourful ideas on Mira Showers I knew I had to pull a post together on knockout showers. I’m referring to those spaces that stop you in your tracks and make you gasp. They push the boundaries and create memorable spaces that inject fun and personality into a part of our homes we use day in, day out. These seven examples of colourful shower rooms are fine examples of how you can go to town with this part of your home. I liken the shower room to an occasional table or armchair in that it’s safer to go a little wild with your decor choices; it’s the perfect physical part of your abode that you can step outside your normal decorating boundaries to create a unique space. Colour is a fantastic decor element for bringing about surprise, which in turn helps to propel an interior to a higher level of style, after all if all the rooms look the same there’s nothing to give each space it’s individual style. Take number two, Cheery Chevron, as an example where the rest of the home is in cool, milky whites yet the shower room and enclosure is tiled with a vibrant and playful chevron pattern (I LOVE this design idea!). Or, how about the graphic Missoni stripes of Stripe Delight in number six? Colour block designs work wonders, too. Opt for a rousing all over pink design to transport yourself to a Moroccan outdoor shower each morning or go retro with blocks of bold yellow on yellow shades. I also like the idea of having a glass divider panel like this design to create an open and airy feeling akin to an outdoor shower. All of these shower rooms are examples of how choosing a surprise design compared to the rest of the home results in a style statement you’ll only wish you decided to do earlier. Which shower room gets your vote, friends?

* | Photography 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5, Jerome Galland | 6 | 7

• Reply Brooke May 16, 2013 at 12:16 am

Wow. These rooms would be sure to wake you up in the morning! xx

• Reply Judith May 16, 2013 at 12:33 am

We’re in the middle of deciding upon a new bathroom. I want something clean and bright and have been pinning lots of white and greyish bathrooms (as our home is rather colorful already), but totally love the yellow one and pink tadelakt & glass divider ones too. Oh and those stripes…

• Reply Tina from A Few Pretty Things May 16, 2013 at 6:55 am

I am in love with the look of tadelakt (or similar looking materials) for years, never seen it in hot pink though. It’s gorgeous!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar May 16, 2013 at 7:21 am

@Tina, Judith – I’m loving the look tadelakt brings as well! Great choices!

• Reply jo May 16, 2013 at 10:44 am

Personally, I’m falling in lurve with the first one with all that shimmery pink. I am a lover of all things glittery, as you could tell from my scrapbooking, and pink well I am female!!!!! I couldn’t deal with the chevrons, they make me feel a bit sick after a while but I do like the glass one, clean and simple xx

• Reply Leslie-Anne May 16, 2013 at 11:42 am

LOVE #1 and #2.

• Reply FJM May 16, 2013 at 12:11 pm

This post is AMAZE..!

I’m not super keen on pink, but I can’t stop going back to the shimmer tiles in #1… I’m obsessed, I love it!

FJM
    x

• Reply susan May 16, 2013 at 12:22 pm

The pink shimmer is incredible.

• Reply Al May 16, 2013 at 9:52 pm

1 & 3 are brilliant. 6 is intriguing and looks great, but I’m not sure I’d want to encounter that shower first thing in the morning. Architect Tampa Bay FL

• Reply mel May 17, 2013 at 5:44 am

L O V E the Moroccan inspired shower – one to pin for “one day”! Mel x

• Reply Nicole May 18, 2013 at 12:36 am

The pink shower is to die for!

• Reply Toni @ Skandivis May 18, 2013 at 10:15 am

LOVE the chevron shower and totally mad about the adjoining hallway with the stool glued to the ceiling too!

• Reply Laura April 23, 2014 at 12:03 am

Love the cheery chevron tile. Can u tell me where I can purchase it from or manufacture?
    Thanks

• Reply Rachael June 6, 2016 at 2:58 am

The last one is so clever and the light shining through the glass in the morning would be so beautiful!

• Reply Weekend Link Love - Amy Elizabeth May 7, 2017 at 11:30 am

[…] only have a shower room in our flat, and I wish I could transform it like these seven amazingly colourful shower rooms – I’m a bit obsessed with that pink […]

• Reply KMP Furniture Blog November 4, 2017 at 1:18 pm

Again I’m very inspired and I love the color combos of the tiles but that colored glass doesn’t look so bad either.