BRIGHT.LIFE

10 Things I Learned & Loved This Weekend

10-things-218-1How was your weekend, friends? I’m writing this from my sofa (TBH I’m still catching my breath after that incredible performance by GaGa at the Super Bowl – LOVED!) and I am relaxing with homemade pizza and red wine. My weekend took me all over the city included the three Bs: broadway, ballet and brunch – what’s more to love?! What made you smile this weekend? Check out my full list of ten weekend highlights after the jump!

1. A walk through the West Village isn’t complete unless I get a cookie from by CHLOE. So. Darn. Tasty!

10-things-218-22. On Saturday I was proud to rally for the rights of my LGBTQ+ brothers, sisters and allies. There’s a long road ahead and if you would like to find ways to help and support, please read this post.10-things-218-33. The blue sky weather on Saturday filled me with energy and life. As does a view of the One World Trade each and every time I see it.10-things-218-44. Can’t get enough of this Sandro coat. So comfy and perfect for layering.10-things-218-55. It doesn’t matter how many times I walk through the Oculus, the architecture always stops me in my tracks.10-things-218-66. Enjoyed a little color hunting after brunch at Untitled with Aaron and his fiancΓ© Mike.10-things-218-77. Golden hour light streaming through the skyscrapers of downtown Manhattan never gets old. Such a lovely walk over the Brooklyn bridge!10-things-218-88. I won $39 tickets to see In Transit after entering the Broadway Lottery and it was such a fun musical. The entire show is performed a cappella and there’s a storyline in it for every New Yorker. If you like Love Actually then you’ll love this show!10-things-218-99. It turned out to be quite the cultured weekend as my heartmate and I also managed to buy 30 under 30 tickets to the New York City Ballet on Saturday night. There were three ballets performed; my favorite was the third one which was choreographed by Justin Peck and set to electronic music. The dancers had al been individually dressed by Opening Ceremony based on their Instagram profiles, too. Very cool and unexpected!10-things-218-1010. I was totally captivated by Finnish artist Santtu Mustonen’s use of animated and abstract color – which were inspired by dance – for the art pieces in the lobby of the NYCB.

• Reply Pat February 6, 2017 at 9:01 am

Your city pics always make me nostalgic for NYC. Keep em coming!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 6, 2017 at 9:15 am

@Pat – Awww I’m glad you find them evocative! Thanks for following along πŸ™‚

• Reply Jacqueline February 6, 2017 at 9:02 am

Wanna see In Transit so badly!! Looks like a fun weekend Will! πŸ™‚ PS Love the neon sign in the first pic!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 6, 2017 at 9:15 am

@Jacqueline – It was *so* good – a must see. Oh, and the cookies at by Chloe are as good as their taste in neon. Haha!

• Reply carrie February 6, 2017 at 11:06 am

These Monday reads always make me smile – especially with that rainbow wall!

Carrie

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 6, 2017 at 11:38 am

@Carrie – So pleased they make you smile! Thank you for stopping by! Have a great week! πŸ™‚

• Reply Didier February 7, 2017 at 12:54 am

Uhm Gaga was everything!!!! Also, I keep seeing photos of By Chloe and I have so much FOMO. You look like you had such a fantastic weekend!!!!

-Didier

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 7, 2017 at 9:43 am

@Didier – Right?! She was amaaaaaaazing! Come to NYC and I’ll take you to by CHLOE!

• Reply Donna February 9, 2017 at 1:25 pm

Will! I couldn’t stop smiling while reading this post! Thanks for sharing.:) I really NEED to book a trip to New York soon.
    That photo of the Oculus. *swoon* And I am a ballerina for life so LOVING the shot from the New York City Ballet. I checked out the Toronto Light Fest in the Distillery District on Sunday night and it was incredible! You would definitely appreciate.;)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar February 9, 2017 at 2:31 pm

@Donna – I’m so pleased it made you smile! Thanks for reading, and the Toronto Light Fest sounds great!

• Reply Aaron February 9, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Aw! Thanks for the shoutout! We’ll have to do it again soon!

• Reply Inge February 14, 2017 at 5:27 pm

Looks like the perfect weekend you had!! Whenever I see pictures of NYC on your blog, it makes me want to go back so badly. πŸ™‚ You really know how to capture the city in all its glory. And I’d definitely go to a lot more broadway shows and ballet shows when I’m there again. πŸ˜‰ Have a great week, Will! x

• Reply chris March 19, 2017 at 7:36 am

I love the weekend! Shame it will be Monday again tomorrow. Back to reality and back to work!

• Reply 徐倧倴 April 19, 2017 at 10:05 pm