Affordable Art Prints Makeover

affordable art print postersIt feels so good to get back to blogging, you guys. How are you? I hope December is off to a brilliant start for you all! My brother arrived in NYC last night so I’m excited to spent the weekend with him and his wife doing all the touristy things you never do when you live in a city yourself. I can’t wait, especially as the past few weeks have been kinda full on, in a good way! I have been busy with some great work projects, finally finishing the unpacking from our recent move, traveling to New Orleans (more on that very soon!) and, of course, getting to work on adding some #MakeYouSmileStyle personality to our new place! I recently shared the plans for our bedroom makeover on the blog and then a peek at the freshly painted room over on my Instagram, so there’s more to come on that soon! Today, however, I’m sharing a makeover I did with a super cool Scandinavian design website I discovered that sells affordable art prints and posters. Click through after the jump to see how I transformed my small dining nook (calling it a room would be too generous, TBH, this is, after all, an NYC apartment!) with a lick of paint and a collection of stylish and affordable art prints!

affordable art print postersHonestly, you guys, you’re gonna want to add Desenio to your go-to list for art when you are decorating. It’s frustrating how art can be prohibitively expensive sometimes, right? It’s awesome to have a resource for affordable art prints that allows you to add personality to your walls in style without breaking the bank. No, really, prints start at under $4 – amazing! I was really impressed with the quality and how quickly they shipped. I mocked up the gallery wall in Photoshop before I ordered to make sure the selection flowed well together. Then, while I waited for the prints to arrive I painted the wall in my dining nook Black Magic by PPG Paints. I promise I didn’t just pick this paint color because it’s the name of a super fun Little Mix track…!affordable art print postersOne thing to keep in mind when you are picking art prints for a gallery wall is to mix up the scale and perspective of your choices. For example, here you can see how I placed a typographic print next to a mountain landscape. These two pieces compliment each other as one is striking and graphic, while the other has perspective and draws you in. When you do this be sure to have a red thread that runs through all the pieces to keep a cohesive feel overall. In this gallery wall it’s the black, white and grey palette. The splash of pink in the top right corner is a hint at what you can expect to see when I reveal the rest of our open-plan living space…!affordable art print postersI’m thrilled with how this little corner of our new apartment has come together. The hanging pendant is from IKEA and I am obsessed with it. The metallics really pop against the matt black wall, don’t you think? I love how it draws the eye down across the art and to the table below – it has made it feel really intimate for dining at night. The dining chairs moved with us from our old NYC Brownstone apartment, and I love how they compliment the black wall. Do you like my dining nook makeover? What pieces of art from Desenio are catching your eye?affordable art print posters// My affordable art prints: Owl | Stockholm | Mountain | Old Photograph | Circles | Photography by Will Taylor | Posted in partnership with Desenio, all views my own

• Reply Karine Kong December 2, 2016 at 7:23 am

This looks great Will and I love your look as well…very stylish

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 2, 2016 at 8:27 am

@Karine – Thanks so much! It was a great way to add some personality and style to this small corner of the apartment. Happy Friday!

• Reply Rene Castillo December 2, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Stunning! Will! You are Amazing!

• Reply Susana December 2, 2016 at 8:22 am

This is a beauty of a space Will! Love how the owl shines against the black wall!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 2, 2016 at 8:27 am

@Susana – Isn’t he handsome?! Calling him Hedwig, naturally! Hahaha.

• Reply Faryn December 2, 2016 at 8:23 am

So talented!! Wow!!! I wouldn’t know where to start selecting different prints and you made it look so easy! lol

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 2, 2016 at 8:28 am

@Faryn – You are too kind, thank you. I have a whole selection of blog posts that share gallery wall tips and tricks. Search ‘gallery wall’ here on the blog to read them! πŸ™‚

• Reply Ben December 2, 2016 at 8:25 am

Killer selection man. Especially like the mountains and owl. This site will be great when I move into my new apt. in January.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 2, 2016 at 1:48 pm

@Ben – Thanks! Glad you like them! All the best for your new place! πŸ™‚

• Reply Emily December 2, 2016 at 10:46 am

Such a stylish little space. I love it. Still all sad that I can’t have that light!! xo

• Reply Weekend Reading. - The Stripe December 3, 2016 at 6:01 am

[…] dining nook makeover is amazing – and has me wanting to paint one of my walls […]

• Reply Will December 3, 2016 at 9:15 am

Will, where did you find the little house on your tabletop?!

• Reply Soutrik December 3, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Love love love vintage street photographs! That copper frame looks great with b&w theme πŸ™‚ Also that little house is adorable!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 4, 2016 at 12:08 am

@Soutrik – Thank you so much! I love how all the elements came together. Isn’t that little house so cute?!

• Reply Tuan December 3, 2016 at 12:49 pm

So creative ! I love it, Will πŸ™‚

• Reply Violette December 3, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Thanks Will for your Desenio tip! I just bought a house and am gonna do a wall with cool prints, so obviously this comes in very handy! My eyes fell on the owl as well and I see you picked that one and printed it as the biggest of your collection πŸ‘ŒπŸ» Keep up your good work Will! Love from The Netherlands

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 4, 2016 at 12:12 am

@Violette – My pleasure! Congrats on your new house, Desenio will come in super handy for the decorating! Thanks for your support of my work and taking time to stop by the blog! πŸ™‚ Hugs from NYC!

• Reply Didier Young Han Choo December 5, 2016 at 10:28 am

Obviously I adore the Stockholm print but I also love the owl. I used to have a gigantic Owl loving phase and I still have multiple owl memorabilia around the apartment. I’m going to stop saying owl now.

-Didier

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 5, 2016 at 11:32 am

@Didier – Hahaha. No joke, I seriously went through an owl craze as well. Had ceramic owls, wooden owls, vintage owls, owl prints. What are we like?!

• Reply Donna December 8, 2016 at 3:19 pm

This is absolutely stunning, Will! Loving the mix of black and metallics. So eye-catching! Great job.:)

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 8, 2016 at 9:29 pm

@Donna – Really kind of you to say, thank you! So happy you like it! πŸ™‚

• Reply Happy Weekend + Links I Love – DonzWebb December 10, 2016 at 4:52 pm

[…] You NEED to check out Will’s dining nook makeover! LOVING the black matte and metallic […]

• Reply Stephen December 12, 2016 at 6:27 pm

I love this so much, Will! Your blog is amazing. Where did you find your table & chairs? They are so great!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 12, 2016 at 6:32 pm

@Stephen – Thank you so much! The table is from IKEA and the chairs are from Room & Board.