BRIGHT.LIFE

10 Things I Learned & Loved This Weekend

pink-spring-blossom-nyc-11. On Sunday, I visited the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx for the first time – what a beautiful oasis inside of such a hectic city. I loved it!kate-spade-home-store-nyc2. The Kate Spade Home store downtown is a beauty to behold. Check out all that spring bling, too!central-park-bridge-at-sunset-magic-hour3. Golden hour in Central Park never ceases to disappoint!yellow-tulips-central-pakr4. I found more spring bling in the form of these yellow tulips.hillarys-blinds-colourful-patterned-roller-blinds5. Choosing blinds with graphic pattern and colour, just like these from Hillarys, is a great way to add visual interest to an otherwise pared back space.pink-blossom-trees-riverside-park-nyc6. Riverside Park on the Upper West Side of Manhattan is awash with beautiful, blooming trees. It’s quite something – I almost felt as though I were in Japan!central-park-sheep-meadow-spring-city-skyline-view7. The Hearst Tower (the geometric building in the centre of the photograph above) is one of my favorite buildings (architecturally) in the city.ombre-palm-trunk-new-york-botanical-garden-bronx8. An ombre palm trunk stops me in my tracks! This is a Nicobar palm from India that I saw at the New York Botanical Garden.new-york-botanical-gardens-spring-tulips9. The conservatory at the New York Botanical Garden looked resplendent in the spring sunshine, flanked by an array of colorful tulips!spring-blossoms-new-york-city10. I don’t think I’ve ever looked up more than I have while walking through New York City this spring – prettiness is everywhere! // Photography by Will Taylor (bar no.5, courtesy of Hillarys)

• Reply Beatrice April 24, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Stunning photos as usual! Look forward each week! xoxo

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 24, 2016 at 7:38 pm

@Beatrice – Yay! Thanks for following along. I love writing this series.

• Reply Jenny April 24, 2016 at 7:33 pm

In all the years I’ve lived in NY I’ve not been to the Botanical Garden up in the Bronx. Your pictures make me want to jump on the subway now! Beautiful

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 24, 2016 at 7:38 pm

@Jenny – It was my first time too and I loved it! Highly recommend checking it out this spring if you have a chance!

• Reply Susan G April 24, 2016 at 7:33 pm

Kate Spade do homeware now?! I had no idea!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 24, 2016 at 9:50 pm

@Susan – Yes! Check out their pop up store in soho, NYC. Also, stay tuned for a fun surprise from us…! πŸ˜‰

• Reply Mark April 24, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Can tell you are loving life in the city Will! πŸ™‚

• Reply Lucy Loves April 24, 2016 at 7:37 pm

That palm is insane!!

• Reply Libbynan April 24, 2016 at 8:55 pm

I just love spring! One of my favorite things to do every year is enjoy spring here in western Arkansas and then three weeks later visit my son and DIL in Kansas City. That way I get to have spring twice. I know that’s cheating, but I’m old – I get to cheat. Your photos,as always, are stunning. Thanks ever so.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 25, 2016 at 8:11 am

@Libbynan – Hahaha, that made me smile! Enjoy your double season (I would so do the same!). πŸ™‚

• Reply Jackie (York Avenue) April 24, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Will, these pictures are so gorgeous! Now I really want to go to the Botanical Garden. Also Riverside Park – I’ve only been once but it was so lovely. I need to make my way over there again while those trees are blooming. So pretty!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 25, 2016 at 8:12 am

@Jackie – Definetly try and see both parks this spring if you get a chance, so much beauty!

• Reply RaΓΊl | Vista de Lince April 25, 2016 at 3:56 am

Awesome post, very floral. You are great! #happyweek

• Reply EmmaMT April 25, 2016 at 4:34 am

Ahhh Will. I miss blue skies here in the UK . Thanks for bringing the sunshine. x