Dress Your Deck!

nautical outdoor livingWhoa. The temperature is forecasted to reach 85ยฐF/30ยฐC this week – and that’s the actual so the real feel will likely be even higher! I guess we practically skipped straight past spring in New York City – save for a few days – and ended up at summer! Still, no complaints at all because the city is buzzing with life and spring color. All the green, sunshine, blue skies and tweeting birds are giving me liiiiiife! Not only that but the scorching temps mean it’s time to get serious about planning outdoor living spaces for the season ahead. The weather forecast inspired me to share this nautical outdoor living space that I styled for Grandin Road.nautical outdoor livingWhen pulling together this space I had our own beach house in mind as inspiration. The timing couldn’t be better because we’re starting work on our backyard at the beach house this week. I can’t wait to transform it from dull and dirty to bright and brilliant! I shared a tour of it in my Instagram story last week and I’ll be staring updates on the ‘gram all summer long, so follow along! When creating a nautical outdoor living environment the key is to layer up classic coastal elements without going overboard on any one element. So, you’ll only want one nautical motif (life ring, sail, anchor etc.) – any more and the space will look too forced. The same with sisal or rope textures; mix up the fabrics and textiles you introduce across the space to keep the space feeling naturally layered. Essentially, balance is key to make a coastal space look cute rather than twee!nautical outdoor livingWhen styling this space I layered two rugs to create a thrown together, laid back and collected feel, as well as using the blue and natural sand of the Starfish outdoor rug as an anchor point for the other elements in the scheme. The Yorkshire outdoor seating provides a neutral base to layer on colorful nautical touches, such as the Hampton Life Preserver outdoor pillow. Meanwhile, a peppering of hurricane lanterns and rattan textures invite charm and warmth into the space. I’m hoping I can recreate something even half as lovely as this for the beach house deck this summer. More beach house garden renovation updates to come soon! Happy Monday, everyone!nautical outdoor living

• Reply Sarah Dewhirst April 30, 2018 at 6:06 am

Looks beautiful Will, very crisp, and so nice to think we have months of warmer weather ahead. Very excited for your garden & pool transformation…

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar April 30, 2018 at 8:26 am

@Sarah – Thank you! I canโ€™t wait to share all the progress as it happens. Hereโ€™s to summer! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses April 30, 2018 at 7:52 am

I love the navy in the deck furniture! So cute! Makes me so ready for the warmer weather!

I hope you have a great Monday,
    Michael

• Reply Melanie April 30, 2018 at 8:58 am

Blue and white is the perfect combination for a summer deck.

• Reply WHBM Pink Floral Fit Flare Midi Dress and Pink Chanel Bag May 4, 2018 at 6:47 am

[…] love Will’s new deck decor at his beach house – […]

• Reply Didier May 7, 2018 at 8:07 am

You seriously have the cutest deck! It’s been so nice seeing that dream house from beginning to near end. It’s amazing how much you’ve changed it!

-Didier

• Reply Monique | SkeletonWeirdo May 14, 2018 at 8:30 am

Ha! This is so cute. I love the color scheme of nautical things!

• Reply Inga May 22, 2018 at 7:10 am

Love the stripped cushions – they create some magic in the whole set up!

• Reply Sukhi May 25, 2018 at 12:36 pm

I love outdoor decor in the summertime! Everything is so fresh and bright. The nautical theme you’ve used here is very charming.

• Reply Peri Hardiansyah May 27, 2018 at 4:48 am

Well,, that was a great stuff man :O

• Reply Joleisa June 8, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Will! I just ‘found’ you! If you see twin ladies ‘stalking’ you all the way from across the pond in England, that’s us. We love your bright style and attitude. This has definitely given us inspiration for decorating our conservatory! Wish we could share the pics with you.
    Well, we are officially hooked and will come back often to see what you’re up to. Following now on Instagram!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar June 10, 2018 at 7:53 pm

@Joleisa – Delighted to have you following along, thanks for joining in! All the best with your conservatory redecorating project!

• Reply Megan Jenson September 14, 2018 at 3:11 am