BRIGHT.TRAVEL

Palm Springs Road Trip

Genesis G80Growing up, and indeed in the present day, I always had a romanticized vision of an American road trip: driving a car along a seemingly endless road surrounded by flat plains on either side and soaring mountains in the distance, my favorite tracks on the sound system and a backdrop of glorious sunshine and saturated sunsets. No surprise then that I was thrilled when Genesis asked me to collaborate with them on a road trip in their new Genesis G80 model. I decided to wave goodbye to the East Coast winter for a few days, and headed out west to take a drive from Los Angeles to Palm Springs and Joshua Tree National Park. I soon discovered that my American road trip dream wasn’t far from reality…Palm Springs colorful doorsCOLORFUL DOORS AND ARCHITECTURE TOUR
As soon as I arrived in Palm Springs I knew I wanted to kick off the adventure with a healthy dose of color hunting around the city. Luckily for me, there’s an abundance of vibrantly painted front doors throughout the city. I was grateful to have the comfort of the Genesis G80 to drive from door to door as they are quite spread out. For the best doors, drive the back roads between Murray Canyon Drive, South Camino Real and South Laverne Way. SO many to see, from the party lions to ‘that pink door’!Palm Springs colorful doorsI loved how sporty and stylish the Genesis G80 model looked parked in front of all the mid-century architecture in Palm Springs.Palm Springs colorful doorsThe Destination Search powered by Googleβ„’ made it super easy to find and navigate to different colorful doors and architecture stops around the city. The G80 also comes with complimentary SiriusXM Traffic services for 3 years, which meant I was always abreast of the latest traffic info and road conditions during the road trip. Lifesaver!Palm Springs colorful doorsI had to jump out and take a picture of the party lions – it would have been rude not to!Genesis G80Smart technology and sleek design marry to create a ride experience that felt unparalleled in terms of luxury. I was impressed by how quiet the Genesis G80 was to drive – coupled with the comfort of the leather seats it made for a relaxing environment in which to enjoy the road trip.Genesis G80The built-in navigation and the wireless charging pad for cellphones both helped make the road trip feel easy and stress-free.Genesis G80Remember how I said my road trip daydream included blasting my favorite tracks?! Well, I was able to do just that while driving the Genesis G80 because of the Lexicon sound system. Driving through the desert from Palm Springs to Joshua Tree National Park with my favorite music playing as the sun was starting to set was one of those ‘pinch me’ life moments.JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & SpaSEE THE FLAMINGOS
My next stop in the Genesis G80 was at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa. Why? To see the flamingos in the lake at the front of the property! Flanked by an impressive row of palm trees on either side, the flamingos are so cute and the perfect make-you-smile style stop to add into a road trip. If only I could have brought one of these cuties back to NYC with me!Genesis G80TAKE A SUNSET DRIVE
As I drove out towards Joshua Tree National Park the sun started the set across the desert. As I drove towards the horizon along a seemingly endless road, I was in awe at the way the sky changed from boundless blue to a cocktail of pink and purple – so beautiful! I was grateful for the sunroof which made me feel closer to the sunset action as I drove.Genesis G80Seriously, look at that light! And the colors! It was so beautiful. But nothing could have prepared my heartmate and I for seeing the night sky come alive with billions of twinkling stars. We sat for three hours watching the night sky from the car and it was a magical way to round out the road trip together.Genesis G80// Photography by Will Taylor | Posted in partnership with Genesis; all views my own.

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses March 6, 2018 at 7:38 am

Such a fab post Will, I love this! The American road trip seems like a dream! Great photos too!

I hope you’re having an amazing Tuesday!
    Michael

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 6, 2018 at 11:23 am

@Michael – It sure felt like a dream! So glad you enjoyed it, thanks for stopping by.

• Reply Lisa March 6, 2018 at 11:09 am

Your photography blows me away every time Will. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

• Reply David March 6, 2018 at 11:10 am

Urgh killing me with these car pics!! Looked like an epic trip man. Take me next time lol

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 6, 2018 at 11:24 am

@David – Thanks so much! I had so much fun photographing this amazing trip.

• Reply SamB March 6, 2018 at 11:11 am

Gonna have to check this model out looks sick AF

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 6, 2018 at 11:25 am

@Sam – Do it! It was really smooth to drive and *super* comfortable!

• Reply Melanie March 6, 2018 at 11:21 am

Hi Will

Loved this post (as always!) Your pictures made me feel like I was riding with you along the open roads. What was the driving position like, high, low..? You certainly made the car look stunning from the outside anyway!

Keep up the great posts! And stay cute πŸ˜‰

Mel xo

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 6, 2018 at 1:15 pm

@Melanie – I love to read that, thank you! The car rides lower-to-mid range; I found it really comfortable and quiet to drive. A very relaxing ‘cabin’ experience – the scenery certainly helped, too! Thanks for the support.

• Reply Didier March 6, 2018 at 1:22 pm

Gosh I hear you. I remember growing up and watching American coming-of-age movies and they always featured a road trip. Every time a character needed to find themselves or to reconnect with friends, a road trip was involved! You’re definitely doing it better than they were though. None of them had such a gorgeous car to drive in!

-Didier

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 6, 2018 at 1:26 pm

@Didier – Right? Omg remember Crossroads?! Classssssssic. And, yes, I was so lucky to get to drive this beautiful car for the road trip!

• Reply Kathrine Eldridge March 6, 2018 at 1:57 pm

I was just in Palm Springs in January and loved it! I saw the flamingos and had a wonderful spa day at the Marriott. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous images.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 6, 2018 at 2:07 pm

@Katherine – I had no idea they were there so it was the most wonderful surprise. Glad you had a great trip!

• Reply Violette March 6, 2018 at 2:07 pm

I love these photos! They are so dreamy, I wish I could be there!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 6, 2018 at 2:22 pm

@Violette – When the sun was setting and the sky turned pink it felt like some kinda beautiful dream! Thanks for stopping by!

• Reply Emily March 6, 2018 at 2:36 pm

WOW. I am speechless. Your photos are absolutely breathtaking I just keep scrolling back up and down to look at all of them again. Wowwwww. Literally no words!

-Emily | http://www.East91Blog.com

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 6, 2018 at 2:40 pm

@Emily – Thank you so much! It was such a fun road trip to photograph – the light was incredible.

Also, I loved discovering your blog today. I subscribed and can’t wait to follow along! πŸ™‚

• Reply Sabrina Stavenjord March 6, 2018 at 4:51 pm

I am bookmarking this post because I SO badly want to visit Palm Springs! Your photos are stunning Will esp that last shot… LOVE!

x Sabrina | http://mymiaou.com

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 6, 2018 at 4:55 pm

@Sabrina – Thank you so much for the lovely comment! It was such a fun road trip to photograph, and the stargazing was just incredible. Hope you get to visit Palm Springs soon! πŸ™‚

• Reply Rach March 6, 2018 at 6:57 pm

I’e always wanted to visit Palm Spring! Your photos makes me want to book a trip there now haha! And that is a great car!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 6, 2018 at 9:42 pm

@Rach – Oh it’s such a magical place! I love it. Hope you get to visit soon. Thanks for stopping by! πŸ™‚

• Reply Lauren March 6, 2018 at 7:04 pm

This sounds like such a perfect road trip!

Lauren,

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 6, 2018 at 9:42 pm

@Lauren – It was amazing! The views from the open road were just incredible!

• Reply Felicity March 6, 2018 at 7:49 pm

You’re giving me such a bad travel bug with this post, Will! The pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Glad you had a great trip.

Felicity | http://oliverandmoose.com

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar March 6, 2018 at 9:43 pm

@Felicity – Thank you so much! I had such a blast photographing this road trip. Have a great rest of your week!

• Reply Meghan March 7, 2018 at 10:55 am

OMG that last photo!! Stunning!

• Reply ZaraH March 7, 2018 at 4:29 pm

What a great post, Will, and photography, enjoyed a lot! Love this rough desert scenery & architecture!
    Your long-time cherished dream has come true in such a magical way. Congrats! πŸ™‚

• Reply James March 8, 2018 at 2:37 am

Such a gorgeous post the photography is amazing. It looks like you had the best time!

James