Shop the bedding and pillows: No.1, Melon Mania | No.2, Mint Stripes | No.3, Polka Dots | Bonjour | Watercolour Wonder | Rainbow Drops | Bahama Banana | Coco Nutty | Pineapple | J’adore | The Love Club | Club Tropics
There are times in life when you discover a brand and instantly know that you would be total BFFs with the creator behind it. This was exactly how I felt when I discovered the colourful work of Lauren from I Love Linen. Based in Australia, Lauren has spent their winter designing a gorgeously bright and cheerful collection of bed sheets, duvets, cushions and pillow cases. Her design philosophy is about ‘playful restraint’; it’s about embracing simple design concepts but having lots of fun with little pops of pattern and colour. Basically, it’s total make-you-smile style and you know that Mr.Bazaar is all over anything that ticks that box! I Love Linen’s new range sees classic and simple french flax linen bedding paired with fun and fresh cushions and screen printed pillow cases that add playful pops of hue and visual interest. I like to marry pared-back bedding with brighter pillow and cushion options because it makes it super easy to to instantly change how the bedroom looks and feels without a huge outlay every time. Some of these gorgeous pillows are on the way for my own colourful cottage, but which pieces are catching your eye?
// Photography by Lauren Bamford for I Love Linen
1. This colourful street in Notting Hill, London is all kinds of charming.
2. I loved how this blue door looked like it could be in Greece but was actually in Central London.
3. Blue skies and golden fields are so good for the soul, especially after an insanely busy work week.
4. My new handcrafted mini bluetooth speakers by Moss Audio perfectly match my new kitchen decor. Oh, and they are wrapped in stripes, too. Amazing! Look out for them in The Conran Shop soon.
5. A stripe a day keeps Mr. Bazaar smiling.
6. Enjoyed the last few golden rays and sunsets of summer.
7. The beautiful mint door and wild greenery of this building has an intriguing secret garden feel to it, don’t you think?
8. I felt inspired by the gorgeous blue-grey hue of this sign. The typography was pretty darn lovely, too.
9. The dipped yellow legs on this side table made me smile.
10. I decided on the Richie armchair for the new living room scheme. Those cheerful multi-coloured buttons had me from hello!
I realised recently that the last time I carried out a design update for Bright.Bazaar was almost two(!) years ago in 2012. At that time I moved from Blogger to WordPress and while that move certainly gave me more flexibility with Bright.Bazaar’s design than I’d had before, I’ve never really fallen in love with the platform. During a recent conversation with my friends Susan and William we came to talk about Squarespace and how they were obsessed with how easy it was to use to create a stylish looking *and* easy to update site. I was intrigued to find out more so I hot-footed my way over the internet cobbles to Squarespace to hunt out some examples of blogs and websites using the platform.
These five sites instantly caught my eye because of their clean, modern and effortlessly chic aesthetic. For me there’s a definite shift happening in blogging, by which I mean blogs, rather than the ever popularising additional social channels. The way we consume content has changed and there’s no longer a hunger for daily editorial content on a blog as one can interact with a blog author across various other channels. That’s what makes these Squarespace designs so brilliant – they make templates that are perfect for cleaner, fresher and down-right-easier-to-read blogs. After all, I don’t think a monthly archive widget is relevant anymore, for example. I’m really tempted to redesign Bright.Bazaar so it just highlights my visual aesthetic without too much ‘noise’, and in a format that’s suited to today’s way of consuming content onto the go. I’m really excited for Bright.Bazaar 3.0 and can’t wait to share it with you. In the meantime, if you’re as tempted as I am to make the jump over to Squarespace, then you’re in luck because the guys at their HQ are kindly offering Bright.Bazaar readers 10% off with the code: BAZAAR10. Have a brilliant weekend, folks!
Featured sites: 1. Collate | 2. Jessica Paul | 3. Maiedae | 4. Megan Flug Designs | 5. S. Belanger Photography