You only have to take a peek at some of the fashion pictures on my Instagram feed to see how much I love wearing pieces from COS. So when I heard that the brand had teamed up with fellow Scandi brand, HAY, it’s fair to say I was all kinds of excited! So, I’m shining my colorful design spotlight on the COS x HAY collection for the latest Six of The Best post. It’s almost a surprise that this collaboration took so much time to come about because the aesthetics of the two brands are perfectly aligned. I love how HAY refers back to the age of Danish Modern, where quality craftsmanship and humanistic design put Denmark on the global design map. Their designers recognize that our world is constantly changing, and that our habits and need for flexibility change with them. Over the years I’ve invited several HAY pieces into my home, and plenty of COS pieces into my closet, so let’s dive straight into my favorites from the COS x HAY collaboration! Which pieces are catching your eye?
1. DML Side Table Scandinavian designers are known for their simple yet smart designs, and the Don’t Leave Me table is a fine example of just that. Thomas Bentzen designed the side table so that it would be easy to move it around with you, hence the handle being part of the table frame. I love the clean lines.
2. BOX BOX Stack Designed in-house by HAY, the BOX BOX collection immidetelay called out to my color-loving eye. I mean, show me an ombre in almost any form and I’m sold, TBH! These storage boxes were designed to be used in a unique way as you can combine the sizes, colors and patterns to create your own cubist design. I love that you can use the varying colors to remember what each box contains vs. having unsightly labels.
3. CORD FADE Hangers OK, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a clothes hanger quite so pretty, have you?! Colorful string from outdoor sports has been used on these HAY designed pieces to add friction to the hanger. This prevents the clothes from slipping and catching on sharp metal. Smart and pretty – the winning combo!
4. Kaleido Trays Designer Clara Von Zweigbergk knocked it outta the park with these vibrant tray designs. I love how you can use the geometric shapes individually or layer them inside one another to create an organization system. How cool would this be on a desk to house all those stationery odds and ends?!
5. BOX BOX Stack Green These soft pastel mint shades have me thinking I should plan a colorful home office clean up this weekend…!
6. BALLOGRAF Pen This stationery made me smile because it reminds me of my excitement when I used to go into the bank to pay in my birthday money when I was a kid (they had pens like this at the kiosks!), but also because I’m always loosing pens so it’s perfect that it’s on a chain with a base! The contemporary pastel color palette makes it the perfect piece to add a lil’ 70’s throwback to a desk. Fun!
// Photography by COS x HAY, used with permission