Three Ways To Soothing Dark Bedroom Palettes

betta-living-bedrooms-1One of the main reasons I love colour is its ability to instantly create a mood in a space. While I love crisp, clean and calm white and blue spaces, I also love a deep, dark and moody scheme. In fact, I painted the bedroom in one of my old London apartment’s black – it was dramatic, cocooning and cosy; I loved it! As the weather has been so cold this week, I sought out some dark colour palette inspiration from the new Betta Living bedrooms. The result? Three fab ideas for embracing dark colours in your bedroom this winter – let’s dive in!betta-living-bedrooms-2The first scheme, Gentle Greys, shows how stepping over to the dark side can pay serious style dividends. Here, a soothing blue-grey colour wraps around the entire bedroom space, creating a cosy and cocooning feel. Shades of blue and grey are then referenced from the base palette in the dressing of the bed, while dark wood wardrobes and a tufted bed enhance the indulgent feel of the scheme.betta-living-bedrooms-3Glorious Graphite is a refined and sleek approach to dark decor. Softer than an all-black scheme, the graphite touches throughout the space create a striking yet soft look. Perfect for modern city apartments and city slickers, this scheme is a contemporary take on dark bedroom decor.betta-living-bedrooms-4

I’ve called the final scheme Metallic Moments because metallic touches are perfect for layering into a darker palette; they bring a gentle air of opulence and warmth to the scheme. When it comes to metallics, a little goes a long way – a silver lamp base or copper vase filled with fresh blooms on the bedside table will set off the darker base palette set by the furniture and walls. Which of these three dark palettes is your favourite?

// Photography by Betta Living | Posted in collaboration with Betta Living; all views my own

• Reply mel December 5, 2014 at 8:35 am

Definitely the gentle greys of me. I am a white wall person simply because I love a blank canvas, however I truly appreciate the depth and drama colour on the wall can bring to a room. I once had a very small bedroom with dark blue walls and it was such a lovely place to sleep. Hope you’re well Will. Mel x

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar December 5, 2014 at 9:01 am

@Mel – I agree; dark walls work wonders on a really small room. Have a lovely weekend x

• Reply Julie December 5, 2014 at 9:18 am

It has to be the metallic one for me!

• Reply Becs December 5, 2014 at 9:19 am

Love this post!! My bf would like the graphite one but I i like the grey!

• Reply Baumhausfee December 5, 2014 at 10:23 am

Dear Mr Bazar

I love the font you have used for the first picture. Could you may tell me the name of it?

Thanks a lot
    Renate

• Reply Baumhausfee December 5, 2014 at 10:30 am

Thanks a lot, dear Mr Bazar πŸ˜‰

• Reply Bethany~FurnishMyWay December 5, 2014 at 5:43 pm

I really love the gentle grey palette. I just moved into a home and my bedroom is a greyish blue. As it’s freshly painted, I opted to stick with the color and decorate to complement its existing scheme. This post gave me ideas of how to embrace it! Thanks!

• Reply The Kentucky gent December 8, 2014 at 8:36 pm

All three rooms are great, but I’m particularly digging that upholstered bed frame in the first room.

• Reply Alice December 20, 2014 at 9:30 am

I’ve always thought that dark colours would make a room feel dull in the winter but put with the blue and metallic detailing of this room actually gives it a cosy feel. Thanks for sharing this idea, may have to try it out on my own house.

• Reply andrew bradford August 11, 2015 at 12:31 pm

Dark can also be fun!
    Well done,

Andrew

• Reply Cary June 19, 2016 at 8:12 am

Such good inspiration for revamping my room now!

Cary x

• Reply Weekly Interior Design Roundup – #6 - HOMESCAPES August 16, 2017 at 8:38 am

[…] Three Ways to Soothing Dark Bedroom PalettesWill Taylor […]