Three Ways To Invite Colour Into A Bathroom

crosswater-sale-2014Here at the Bright.Bazaar cottage I’m busily trying to find some colour solutions to introduce into our rental. The space is small and there’s not a ton of natural light, which has been leaving me feeling creatively frustrated, especially as I don’t want to spend too much given we’re renting. I’ve been craving a bathroom colour reboot ASAP, folks! So I headed over to the Crosswater sale to seek out some ideas to help kickstart my mini bathroom makeover inspiration in today’s three ways post.crosswater-shower-head-saleI love how the lick of black bathroom paint in this shower enclosure not only turns the shower head from something everyday into a eye-catching element in the room, but also zones the area from the rest of the bathroom. This is helped by the introduction of colour and pattern in the harlequin patterned wallpaper, which emphasises the height of the space, while also providing visual interest. Also, please can we quickly discuss rain shower heads – the height of luxury, right?! I always feel like I’m showering in a glamorous hotel bathroom when there’s a rainhead shower. crosswater-bathrooms-saleThe second idea is probably the most realistic solution for the bathroom in our rental. Not only is the shower screen a relatively affordable update, but it will hopefully allow more light to flood into the space vs. a shower curtain. Plus, I’m tempted to take a lead from this space and create a colour accent with tiles for the over bath shower area. Those soft mint tiles? Yes, please!crosswater-bathrooms

First off, any bathroom that has Mini Moderns wallpaper in it is onto a winner in my (bright) book! I like the retro feel of this space and how the accent lime green colour has been used to draw the eye through the space making it feel bigger. Another potential solution for my space is to hang an Anthracite towel rail and use it as a place to hang my colourful Harlequin towels. Which of these three ideas do you like best? How do you bring colour into your bathroom?

* // Photography by Crosswater

• Reply Tara October 8, 2014 at 6:01 am

2nd one although I’d use a shower curtain I love the mint tiles! I also rent so I bring color through the accessories – I love the idea of bringing a bright or pool blue into a small bath and i have gray/white and silver accents all over. I also love to use the Claus Porto candles which have these beautiful etched vessels. Illyria is my favorite (honeysuckle) but the Marine is also lovely.

• Reply Jules October 8, 2014 at 7:40 am

I love rain head showers as well. Love that idea to paint the shower enclosure in a contrasting colour to make it stand out.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 8, 2014 at 7:47 am

@Jules – Doesn’t it look fab?! I am obsessed with how stylish that lick of black paint looks!

• Reply Emma October 8, 2014 at 7:44 am

Great ideas!! Tempted to swap out my shower curtain for a screen now as we have colourful tiles above our bath that I’d love to show off more!

• Reply Le Comptoir de Stephanie (funkysteph) October 8, 2014 at 3:26 pm

I love number 3, this colour touch brings so much peps!

• Reply Lynne sands October 8, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Hi. There are only a few blogs I still follow…yours is one. Always a visual delight. I decorate bathroom sinks, some with groovy – and colorful – designs which is another way to add some color in the bathroom. Some of our gold or silver geometric designs would go great in the bathrooms above. Please check them out. Thanks. Lynne

• Reply Chichi Furniture October 9, 2014 at 10:06 am

I’m actually going to surprise myself and say I like the first one best – the black actually looks really chic and stylish and I agree it allows other elements to really stand out. I would just love a rain shower head, my shower is pathetic!! If I had a larger bathroom, the way I would consider adding colour is to actually add beautifully painted furniture in pastel shade, like a charming display unit to store fluffy towels and beauty products as opposed to boring plain bathroom units.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar October 9, 2014 at 10:27 am

@Chichic – I love that idea as well, especially how it makes a feature out of the rainhead shower.

• Reply QuoteandQuote.com October 9, 2014 at 11:51 am

I loved the first photo, grey looks so chic in a bathroom. And when paired with a patterned wallpaper, the result is impressive!

• Reply Stephanie Bell May 26, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Love the black paint in the shower section, not sure I would have been brave enough to give that ago, without seeing how good it looks. Thanks!

• Reply Marlene Stern September 23, 2017 at 5:49 pm

the pop in #3 is my favorite – #1 is cool too and likely less costly

• Reply KMP Furniture Blog November 4, 2017 at 1:27 pm

The third option is very eye-catching I must say! I love the subtle green between the black walls, very clever.