BRIGHT.LIFE

10 Things I Learned & Loved This (Long) Weekend

yellow-building-londonvalspar-paint-ukvalspar-uk-paint-blue-yellowbunting-in-englandlexington-mens-shoes-bodenbaby-blue-color-front-doorwill-taylor-bright-bazaarpaul-smith-limited-edition-anglepoise

1. I love it when the natural environment mirrors one of my colour palettes back at home (see no.3!).
2. On Saturday I used Valspar paint for the first time and I can genuinely say that it’s the best paint I’ve ever used (and I’ve used a lot!) in terms of both coverage and finish.
3. This was a total make-you-smile style moment in the Bright.Bazaar kitchen; Luscious Lemondrop and Shallow Water were made for one another, right? Hot duo!
4. How can you not love colour when it creates charming scenes just like this one?
5. Enjoyed wearing my Lexington shoes for the first time on Sunday – so comfortable.
6. The owner of no.70 sure knows the meaning of good style.
7. Autumnal weather is in full force and I’m loving being able to layer again (even if August is a little early to be saying bye to the sunshine…).
8. This special Paul Smith Anglepoise Type 75 edition is design perfection.
9. In spite of the weather, my new iPhone cover is ideal for extending that lovely sand-between-your-toes summertime feeling!
10. Feeling in need of a little design pick me up? This is the cushion for you.

• Reply Rebecca_FeltBallRug August 26, 2014 at 12:51 am

I love your first comment because I am such a fan of finding inspiration for my own design and creativity in the natural environments around me everyday! It’s the reason to always keep your eyes and mind open when going through your daily routine and brings a little more hop, skip and a jump to your life ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for sharing your weekend lessons!

• Reply Deborah main August 26, 2014 at 5:59 am

What a happy Monday post!! Great way to start the week, remember the summer and look forward to the fall and great design. Thanks Will!!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar August 26, 2014 at 7:43 am

@Deborah – Yes! Great summer memories and lots of excitement for the season ahead. Have a great one.

• Reply Susan August 26, 2014 at 7:39 am

The blue and yellow paint pic is very creative! Made me smile!! Thanks for the introduction to Valspar. You always keep us on track with what’s hot!

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar August 26, 2014 at 7:44 am

@Susan – Anytime! I have been hooked on this colour combo for AGES!

• Reply JamEs August 26, 2014 at 7:41 am

My eyes almost popped out of my head seeing the PS lamp!

• Reply Zoe // deVOL kitchens August 26, 2014 at 11:57 am

Love the Paul Smith lamp – thanks for sharing this Will. Have a great week. Zoe

• Reply Lottie August 29, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Hi Will. I’ve just discovered your site and I love, love love it! We’ve recently moved from a period cottage to a 60’s/70’s spacious house, lacking in charm but oozing light and are slowly breathing some personality in to it. It’s great having the backdrop to be able to introduce some vibrant colour. I’ve recently completed the kitchen in greys, whites and a zingy mustard yellow. Living room next. I’m looking for a coppery toned mirror or piece of artwork to hang above a contemporary fireplace with woodburner. Wall is going to be off black in a predominantly white room and then I’m going to introduce pops of vibrant colour here and there via artwork and soft furnishings. If you spot anything I’d love to hear about it.

• Reply Will @ Bright.Bazaar August 29, 2014 at 1:04 pm

@Lottie – Thanks so much for stopping by and for reading. Loved reading about your recent move and renovations – it sounds like it’s coming together very well! ๐Ÿ™‚